American Stig...again

That's Paul Tracy.

PS, Hawk is old.

The Stig is 5'4" at the tallest. I said hi to him at the taping. He's tiny. I don't know how tall Paul Tracy is, but on TV, he looks at least Tanner's size, which is much bigger than the Stig.

5'4" huh... so who has a bit of a gut and is short?

EDIT: Mr Tracy is 5'10".

Last edited:
From this picture on Jalopnik, we can see that The Stig is very short. "He" also looks very FEMALE from his posture, and has some strange strings or wires attached at the crotch. Hmmmmm.....

500x_suzuki_sx4_top_gear.jpg

Last edited:
The wires are going from the radio in his pocket up to his ear plugs. Race suits are dual-zippered, so he just runs them through the gap in the zipper. Keeps wires and such out of your belts.

Definitely too short to be Paul Tracy. Definitely not a woman though. Shoulders are way too big.

I strongly believe that the stig is female. Not only is it very short (as mentioned earlier 5'4" at tallest) but the presenters kept bringing up "...or she" whenever we (the audience) would mention it. (there was a lot of downtime between shots during the taping)
(btw I was there for the taping)

Anyway, people would ask things like, "what's the stig doing over there?" (cuz it was in the back of the studio) and a presenter would say something like "he ... or she... is about to leave and get the blah blah blah"

5'4". Has been busy recently. Possibly female. Crap, am I the Stig?!

There isn't any leaked footage of Stiggy spinning out or running off the track, is there? :lol:

< actually doesn't think it's a not-a-dude, rather, it's an awkward bulge at the hip. those are pockets full o' filmin' crap, not she-hips.

Last edited:
I was actually looking at the posture and the pose, not the junk in the pocket. Besides, as "PC" as we are here in the states don't you think that some demand wasn't made to include a woman on the show? There's your answer!

there is no way thats a female. remember, its California, it may be just a really flamboyant "guy". in cali they encourage you to act like a girl...just sayin

Yeah lets keep on guessing who the stig is. Lets ruin it like the uk version did for a while there.

Seriously what is up with everyone always trying to guess who the f'ing stig is, just watch the show and enjoy it. :?:?

Yeah lets keep on guessing who the stig is. Lets ruin it like the uk version did for a while there.

Seriously what is up with everyone always trying to guess who the f'ing stig is, just watch the show and enjoy it. :?:?

well, im sorry you dont understand the fun of guessing the stig. its all part of being a fan. its not like we really wanna know, its just fun. as a matter of fact, if someone did come forwad and claim to be the stig they would not be welcomed as it ruins the whole celebrity of the role.

if we were all just people who "just watched the show and enjoyed it" then this website wouldnt exist and Andy would take some of the advice and use it to make improvements. if websites like this didnt exist then what do you think the chances are that TG US wouldnt exist either? maybe YOU should "watch the show and enjoy it". if your so cross about this subject then why did you even come in here to begin with?

as i cross this bridge do i smell a troll?

I am pretty sure it is Paul Tracy he and Tanner were in the running to be a host but they felt Tanner had more personality (not my opinion) so they put Paul as the STIG. I personally think copying everything about the UK show and putting American hosts in their place doesn't seem to work. They even copied the furniture.. come on seriously?

well, im sorry you dont understand the fun of guessing the stig. its all part of being a fan. its not like we really wanna know, its just fun. as a matter of fact, if someone did come forwad and claim to be the stig they would not be welcomed as it ruins the whole celebrity of the role.

if we were all just people who "just watched the show and enjoyed it" then this website wouldnt exist and Andy would take some of the advice and use it to make improvements. if websites like this didnt exist then what do you think the chances are that TG US wouldnt exist either? maybe YOU should "watch the show and enjoy it". if your so cross about this subject then why did you even come in here to begin with?

as i cross this bridge do i smell a troll?
first off. you're. not your.
also i agree with killem2 sure it's fun thinking who it might be. but when you actually figure it out it takes away some of the mystique of the character. all this media frenzy involved with who is TGuk's stig (and past stigs) really lowers the character IMO.though i love when newspapers print stories about the character the stig. just not the actor the stig.
btw, just cause someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're a troll.

I am pretty sure it is Paul Tracy he and Tanner were in the running to be a host but they felt Tanner had more personality (not my opinion) so they put Paul as the STIG. I personally think copying everything about the UK show and putting American hosts in their place doesn't seem to work. They even copied the furniture.. come on seriously?

well, they didnt copy everything, they just used the same formula. thats what you do when you remake something into a new version. besides, the furniture is awsome!

first off. you're. not your.
also i agree with killem2 sure it's fun thinking who it might be. but when you actually figure it out it takes away some of the mystique of the character. all this media frenzy involved with who is TGuk's stig (and past stigs) really lowers the character IMO.though i love when newspapers print stories about the character the stig. just not the actor the stig.
btw, just cause someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're a troll.

first of all YOUR being a $%^&, dont spell correct me. second, i understand your point about the stig, guessing is part of the fun. as far as the "troll" comment, well, you saw the name of this thread and yet you came in here anyways just to let us know you think this is stupid. explain...