American Stig...again

I have a feeling that the errors were in satire of the previous poster.

Besides, don't be a douche and nit pick. There is no point to it.

As for the whole guessing who the stig is; I think it's pretty fun, but I don't want the person to come forward. It's just something to keep us busy week to week. It's no different than naming cars as they pass while sitting at the side of the road or any other activity like that.

double post... I'm dumb

Last edited:
"First"

Missed a comma.

"YOU'RE"

Should be a semi-colon, not a comma.

"don't"

"spell-correct"

Etc., etc., etc.

You say you're 36, but you have less English skills than most eight-year-olds.

wow, just wow. your interesting. now, post your age so i can make fun of you like a 12 year old. your spell checking a F*&^ing forum post.

i say again :troll:

I think they are using Paul Tracy as the Stig. When Paul can't make it to the track Tanner Steps into the stig shoes to get the job done. Both are pretty good drivers but all the film so far see to date suggest paul's stature. We will have to wait and see what happens.

wow, just wow. your interesting. now, post your age so i can make fun of you like a 12 year old. your spell checking a F*&^ing forum post.

i say again :troll:

I turned 46 two days ago. I was educated to believe that people who cannot communicate in proper English are not worthy of attention, regardless of where the communication takes place. If wanting to maintain the standards established by 1500 years of the evolution of the English language is "get off my lawn", then hand me the shotgun.

I say again: retard.

As for the Stig, considering the show's budget, I'll lay you odds that Tanner's doing all of the Stig work right now. The track's set up to put more of a premium on car control than the UK track or the AUS track, which makes it ideal for a world-class drifter like Tanner. Plus, they don't have to pay an additional person. Someone like Paul Tracy costs significant money.

Thinking about that for a second, they might actually have had trouble getting someone to dress in the white suit. Remember that one of Ben Collins' biggest complaints was being seriously underpaid, and motorsport is like any other small, insulated community. Word gets around.

I turned 46 two days ago. I was educated to believe that people who cannot communicate in proper English are not worthy of attention, regardless of where the communication takes place. If wanting to maintain the standards established by 1500 years of the evolution of the English language is "get off my lawn", then hand me the shotgun.

I say again: retard.

As for the Stig, considering the show's budget, I'll lay you odds that Tanner's doing all of the Stig work right now. The track's set up to put more of a premium on car control than the UK track or the AUS track, which makes it ideal for a world-class drifter like Tanner. Plus, they don't have to pay an additional person. Someone like Paul Tracy costs significant money.

Thinking about that for a second, they might actually have had trouble getting someone to dress in the white suit. Remember that one of Ben Collins' biggest complaints was being seriously underpaid, and motorsport is like any other small, insulated community. Word gets around.

im done with the stupid crap about the spelling. give me a F*&^ing break. you dont know anything about me and the fact that your "46" is hard to believe. this is just a forum, not a university english class. (im reaching across a giant console to type most of the time so my spelling isnt always that good). i dont think anyone really cares about it. im sorry you were raised that way.

as far as the stig, i really dont think tanner is the stig, isnt the US stig like 5'4"? how tall is tanner? the Paul Tracy thing can be ruled out as well but i just cant let go. i started this idea (in this thread) and so i must stick with it, ;) . i really dont think finding someone would be that hard. there are alot of people who would love to do it. im gonna say i really am beginning to believe its Sarah Palin. think about it!

and thanx for the NEG REP. lol

Last edited:
im done with the stupid crap about the spelling. give me a F*&^ing break. you dont know anything about me and the fact that your "46" is hard to believe. this is just a forum, not a university english class. (im reaching across a giant console to type most of the time so my spelling isnt always that good). i dont think anyone really cares about it. im sorry you were raised that way.

Do you want me to scan my driver's license to prove my age? Or will just activating that option in the user controls here be sufficient?

And people do care about using proper English, regardless of where you are. Standards are standards, and the proper use of them eases your ability to have the information you're attempting to communicate being acknowledged by others (which, you have to admit, is the whole point of being here). If you appear in print to be a moron, you will be ignored.

and thanx for the NEG REP. lol

You did it to me ten hours before I did it to you.

Interesting suggestion that Tanner is doing it - could be (any one at the taping of the show know definitely it is not him?).

You have to remember that Ben Collins was really a 'second rank' type racing driver as he did not have a birth in either WRC or F1 (What I'd consider the first rank), he does seem to have allot of talent though.

Last edited:
Tanner is too thin to be the Stig, and Tracy is far too tall. Danica is right around 5' so that rules her out. There are a lot of pro drivers out there who don't make huge $$$, it could be any one of a thousand. Keep the guessing going though, it's part of the mystique of the Stig.

TIM

Wait a minute... short, chubby, American... holy crap! Tony Stewart is the Stig!

TIM

Nah... he couldn't keep his mouth shut that long.

I just have to ask myself. Does this REALLY need it's own thread. Just my observation.

I just have to ask myself. Does this REALLY need it's own thread. Just my observation.

Do we REALLY need all these people joining the forum just to complain and bash TGA? Motion to require a minimum post count for this section of the forum, do I hear a second?

From this picture on Jalopnik, we can see that The Stig is very short. "He" also looks very FEMALE from his posture, and has some strange strings or wires attached at the crotch. Hmmmmm.....

500x_suzuki_sx4_top_gear.jpg

I just finished watching this episode and we share the same sentiments. It may not be right but I too think TG:USA is a female. The only thing that felt weird is the huge shoes. Does The Stig coach the celebrities? Maybe they will give away the gender accidentally.

I only know of a female driver.. Sabine Schmitz
Sabine.JPG

I find that this Stig lacks a voice. I know they may need to be silent, but they should speak out in a silent manner. It should have a character, to me, BBC's Stig is arrogant/amusing/silly/petty.

I think they are using Paul Tracy as the Stig. When Paul can't make it to the track Tanner Steps into the stig shoes to get the job done. Both are pretty good drivers but all the film so far see to date suggest paul's stature. We will have to wait and see what happens.

I think you may be right on Paul Tracy being the Stig. Both Tanner and Paul worked together on Battle of Supercars on Speed, so there is that connection.