American Stig...again

DubyaStep

Tampa, Florida but now in Casselberry for school
Car(s)
Ford Thundercougarfalconbird
i know this has been yapped around for months now but, it hit me last night, i will stand on this as a possible stig. Paul Tracy. watched a thing with him and tanner last night and i must say that all i could think about the whole time was him as the stig. i hate speculation when it comes to this but in this case its just and thought i had and i would live to hear what you guys think. let me know.

he has the talent and the schedule to pull it off, IMO

Yeah, but he likes to talk. PT silent? That would be hard to believe.
That's what the BBC History Channel Lawsuit Department is for!

True, i dont know much about his personality but i do know he is one of the few american racers that would fit this very well. just watched him in the car and its seemed so perfect.

why do you guys say he "talks alot", fill me in!

True, i dont know much about his personality but i do know he is one of the few american racers that would fit this very well. just watched him in the car and its seemed so perfect.

why do you guys say he "talks alot", fill me in!

Well honestly not to be a jerk, but he's Canadian. As far as talking a lot, he is a hot head. Every racing incident he gets in isn't his fault, it's the other guys. Among other things like that.

Well honestly not to be a jerk, but he's Canadian. As far as talking a lot, he is a hot head. Every racing incident he gets in isn't his fault, it's the other guys. Among other things like that.

actually, i didnt know he was from the north. damn, he is out!

Meh. Canada's in North America. It'd technically work, but...meh, eh?

- still wants equiraptstig

I think Paul (for those that remember, "The Thrill from West Hill") would be great. He's also lived in the US for 20 years now... so he should get a break there.

I'd rather there NOT be a "silent Stig." I'd rather see Paul do it, and then think of all the opportunities for Tanner to say "and after that lap was so poorly driven, *I* had to get in the car to set a fast lap" -- or some other smack talk approach that would be a lot of fun.

You want Top Gear America to be a show about guys talking about cars. Not just TGUK with Americans replacing Clarkson/Hammond/May.

Steve

I think Paul (for those that remember, "The Thrill from West Hill") would be great. He's also lived in the US for 20 years now... so he should get a break there.

I'd rather there NOT be a "silent Stig." I'd rather see Paul do it, and then think of all the opportunities for Tanner to say "and after that lap was so poorly driven, *I* had to get in the car to set a fast lap" -- or some other smack talk approach that would be a lot of fun.

You want Top Gear America to be a show about guys talking about cars. Not just TGUK with Americans replacing Clarkson/Hammond/May.

Steve

i can se your point there. i understand what your saying but i think you may be not seeing why a stig is needed. he is an unbiased and unknown driver. that makes his lap times more "relevent". if, for example, you knew the stig was Jeff Gordon and you know he is loyal to GM and lets say that he was gonna run lap times in a Vette and a Mustang, well you know GM would expect him to make the vette shine. having a secret person do these things is very good for the show. the public (for some reason) fels that they can trust him/her/it more than the host who will make thier alegence known for what brand they suport more.

a good example of this is the Porsche vs Ferrari argument between Jezza and Richard. you know jeremy is going to push the ferrari a little harder. putting the stig in the cars for lap times settles the argument. remember, he/she/it doesnt have a preference so its a fair way to test the argument. think like this, if you and a friend were arguing over what soup was better and you just couldnt agree, the best way to solve it is to ask a third person and even better if you dont know the person or even better than that if the person was masked so you couldnt see thier face and you handed the soup to that person, well, the answer they gave, as far as you know would be unbiased. you can just trust that more and your argument would at the very least have a result of some sort.

so, my point, the unmasked stig would defeat the purpose. i know what you mean when you say that it would be nice to see them challenge his lap times or something like that but isnt that what the Hosts do to eachother? thats already part of the show. the stigs times are final and the can never argue them.

see my point?

i can se your point there. i understand what your saying but i think you may be not seeing why a stig is needed. he is an unbiased and unknown driver. that makes his lap times more "relevent". if, for example, you knew the stig was Jeff Gordon and you know he is loyal to GM and lets say that he was gonna run lap times in a Vette and a Mustang, well you know GM would expect him to make the vette shine. having a secret person do these things is very good for the show. the public (for some reason) fels that they can trust him/her/it more than the host who will make thier alegence known for what brand they suport more.

a good example of this is the Porsche vs Ferrari argument between Jezza and Richard. you know jeremy is going to push the ferrari a little harder. putting the stig in the cars for lap times settles the argument. remember, he/she/it doesnt have a preference so its a fair way to test the argument. think like this, if you and a friend were arguing over what soup was better and you just couldnt agree, the best way to solve it is to ask a third person and even better if you dont know the person or even better than that if the person was masked so you couldnt see thier face and you handed the soup to that person, well, the answer they gave, as far as you know would be unbiased. you can just trust that more and your argument would at the very least have a result of some sort.

Another plus with keeping the stig unknown is it allows a stand-in stig to be used when needed while keeping the fiction that it is always the same person.

what about micheal or mario andretti for stig
maybe a girl danica patrick i think she might need a job don't think she got a hang of that left turn thing just kidding