Rutledge Wood obtains a VW Bus for his Datsun 521

I fail to see the problem with this, it is his money who cares?

Finally a motoring host not buying AMGs or Porsches with his TV money :clap:

:lol: Or Fezzas. Or Fiats. Or old Lambos... should I go on?

All right, time to man (or woman) up! If you were a TG host making tens of thousands of dollars :D what would you buy?

Me, a Viper. There's a '96 hard top for sale a hundred miles or so from my house for $39,000. If only I had the money. :cry:

Last edited:
'vette all the way for me.

A first-gen Miata and a new air conditioner for my '98 Century. (Yes, I know, but it's a good car for Michigan winters, and it's an entirely competent highway cruiser for road trips.) Maybe a CRX Si VTEC, too.

And then spend the rest of the money on building my own car, with semi-Morgan looks and fully modern underpinnings and the line-six lump from the 1M.

I'm really damn sad. I actually think about practicality, Midlife Crisis notwithstanding. Therefore, a titsed-out Jaaaaag XJ should cover both bases.

I think I would spend some money on a well built '66 AC Cobra replica with the 427FE side-oiler (yea, I know, the extra front end weight reduces handling).

Whew. When I first read the title, I thought it was a Datsun 510 he traded, but after I googled Datsun 521, I can see why. Not a bad trade up.

Aircooled VW vans are the shit. I don't see a problem here.