Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rutledge Wood obtains a VW Bus for his Datsun 521

http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/23/rutled.../#.TkUdl2FEO1E

Dammit Rutledge, you've forsaken J-Tin for Kraut Steel!! YOU TRAITOR!!

Slow news day?

One old slow car for another old slow car, a lateral move, maybe even an upgrade.
    ||||||||||||||| Ride, Eat, Sleep, Repeat.
    My 1988 Lancia Delta HF Turbo
    My 1991 Volvo 960 Turbo

Comment

Finally a motoring host not buying AMGs or Porsches with his TV money
      Octavia
      Fabia
      Beetle

Comment

I fail to see the problem with this, it is his money who cares?
        "The beatings will continue until morale improves".

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by narf View Post
          Finally a motoring host not buying AMGs or Porsches with his TV money
          Or Fezzas. Or Fiats. Or old Lambos... should I go on?
          “Relationships - of all kinds - are like sand held in your hand. Held loosely, with an open hand, the sand remains where it is. The minute you close your hand and squeeze tightly to hold on, the sand trickles through your fingers. You may hold onto it, but most will be spilled. A relationship is like that. Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact. But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the relationship slips away and is lost.” ? Kaleel Jamison, The Nibble Theory and the Kernel of Power: A Book about Leadership, Self-Empowerment, and Personal Growth

Originally posted by Blind_Io
          Comic Sans is the font of Satan.

Comment

All right, time to man (or woman) up! If you were a TG host making tens of thousands of dollars what would you buy?

Me, a Viper. There's a '96 hard top for sale a hundred miles or so from my house for $39,000. If only I had the money.
            Last edited by bryanbeachboy1970; August 13th, 2011, 3:54 AM. Reason: stupid grammar!

Comment

'vette all the way for me.

Comment

A first-gen Miata and a new air conditioner for my '98 Century. (Yes, I know, but it's a good car for Michigan winters, and it's an entirely competent highway cruiser for road trips.) Maybe a CRX Si VTEC, too.

And then spend the rest of the money on building my own car, with semi-Morgan looks and fully modern underpinnings and the line-six lump from the 1M.

Comment

I'm really damn sad. I actually think about practicality, Midlife Crisis notwithstanding. Therefore, a titsed-out Jaaaaag XJ should cover both bases.
                  It is impossible to live in peace with fellow beings whom one believes to be damned...one must absolutely either bring them back into the fold or torment them. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

BMW: built by Germans, driven by tossers. - Jeremy Clarkson

The world's biggest dick can be found on a blue whale. And I thought it was on Top Gear. - Sarah Millican

Your comments tonight have been described variously as "rabid", "pig-ignorant", and "stutifyingly ill-informed" - Chris Morris, apparently anticipating Jalopnik

Comment

I think I would spend some money on a well built '66 AC Cobra replica with the 427FE side-oiler (yea, I know, the extra front end weight reduces handling).

Comment

wow, that's one heck of a VW Doublecab!

Comment

Whew. When I first read the title, I thought it was a Datsun 510 he traded, but after I googled Datsun 521, I can see why. Not a bad trade up.

Comment

I would probably get an NSX

Comment

Aircooled VW vans are the shit. I don't see a problem here.

Comment

Working...
                            X