What challenges/races would you like to see on future episodes?

bryanbeachboy1970

Car(s)
Dodge Dakota, Chrysler Lebaron convertible
Personally, I'd like to see them drive across America in old beaters. $2000 max per car, New York to San Francisco. Keep them in a caravan so they can interact with each other. They can have a mechanic, but the presenters have to assist in the repairs (show some of this on camera), and anything that can't be fixed by the roadside results in the presenter having to drive an '82 Buick Century station wagon with no A/C or Heater and faux wood trim on the side. Most importantly, they have to avoid interstates and other divided highways, only two lane highways or smaller. I might also suggest a time limit of ten days to make the journey.

Yeah, I know it's another cheap car challenge, but it would be a tough one (2500+ miles) in cars that cheap. Throw in challenges like the occasional 0-60-0 drag race or "best time to the top of this mountain" and you'd have a potential two parter here with some drama, what with break downs, off the beaten path encounters, that sort of thing.

I would like to see TG UK and TG USA duke it out in an epic challenge featuring their country's favorite cars. Or go the opposite route and compare each country's caravans ;)

Or go the opposite route and compare each country's caravans ;)

If you ever saw the "Build your own motorhomes" episode, you'd know that the US has an unfair advantage.

I think that a "which is the best production version of the race car it's based on" segment could be interesting.

Using NASCAR as an example, a comparison between Fusion/Impala/Charger/Camry or Mustang GT/Challenger/Impala SS/Camry. Since there are only three presenters, the Camry can be added in as just a footnote. :) Those are relatively cheap cars to begin with so they could be used cars purchased just for the challenge (and subject to being Ferrara'd), or if they wanted to make it a more serious presentation, press cars could be used. They could even go with the 70's, 80's or 90's era cars to make it historical.

This could work with other racing series that use production cars as their base, ala GT classes in Grand-Am and ALMS.

* Build your own Ford Mustang "Tuner Special." As if the 5th gen mustang needed ANOTHER special one-off tuner model; we now have 3 more ugly-ass special Shitstangs glutting the market.
* Pizza Delivery challenge. Which car is the best car for Pizza delivery? Challenge will include stuffing 50 pizzas for a childrens party, and getting stiffed by cheap-ass college students.
* Build the next Presidential Limousine. Challenges include how quickly the Secret Service can stuff the Prez in an emergency situation and how many Tea Party members can be run over by the car.
* Hoarders crossover special: Which car is good for a Hoarder? Bonus points if it resists years old Starbucks coffee cups, unpaid bills, and cat feces.
* Storage Wars crossover special: Which Van or Truck is good for emptying a Storage Locker bought at auction. The challenge is that the boys must sell the contents of said locker in order to at least break even on the car's purchase price and how much they paid for the locker. Losers will get their car confiscated and thrown into a storage locker, where they will default on the storage fees and get a major ding on their credit score for nonpayment of fees.

Last edited:
* Pizza Delivery challenge. Which car is the best car for Pizza delivery? Challenge will include stuffing 50 pizzas for a childrens party, and getting stiffed by cheap-ass college students.
* Build the next Presidential Limousine. Challenges include how quickly the Secret Service can stuff the Prez in an emergency situation and how many Tea Party members can be run over by the car.

:lol: Brilliantly awesome!!

* Build your own Ford Mustang "Tuner Special." As if the 5th gen mustang needed ANOTHER special one-off tuner model; we now have 3 more ugly-ass special Shitstangs glutting the market.
* Hoarders crossover special: Which car is good for a Hoarder? Bonus points if it resists years old Starbucks coffee cups, unpaid bills, and cat feces.
* Storage Wars crossover special: Which Van or Truck is good for emptying a Storage Locker bought at auction. The challenge is that the boys must sell the contents of said locker in order to at least break even on the car's purchase price and how much they paid for the locker. Losers will get their car confiscated and thrown into a storage locker, where they will default on the storage fees and get a major ding on their credit score for nonpayment of fees.

Pizza and Storage are good ideas but whats up with the mustang hate? You get stuck in one of those fugly new "camaro's" and now your jealous of the mustangs or something? damn. Also, whats with all the hate overall, you from cali? ;)

Pizza and Storage are good ideas but whats up with the mustang hate? You get stuck in one of those fugly new "camaro's" and now your jealous of the mustangs or something? damn. Also, whats with all the hate overall, you from cali? ;)

OI! Don't you be hatin' on the Camaro, boy.

The latest gen of pony cars don't do it for me. They look bloated, they've been whored out to death (in the Mustangs case), they look like they've ripped off the past cars, etc. It's like the current gens designers were just fucking lazy and decided to copy the originals, give it some length and width here and there.......BAM, we have our new cars.

I seriously love the Third generation Camaro more than the 5th gen one.

Last edited:
The latest gen of pony cars don't do it for me.

I agree. The Mustang is okay, still fairly light weight with decent power. But the Camaro and Challenger do look bloated, and I don't care much for the low roofline/high beltline chopped look. I think the American makers would have been better off going the route of small 'tuner' cars. Chrysler basically already had one in the Neon SRT4 but they ditched it in favor of the big, ugly Caliber; get rid of the Caliber and go to a Fiat 500 based car like the Abarth. GM could roll out something based on the Sonic and Ford can bring over a tuner Fiesta. If they also wanted a pony car, then GM can use the Holden Commodore as a new Impala/Nova (or just kill the damn thing off! Stupid W platform!) and Chrysler could just offer a two door option on the Charger.

But back to the topic. Since I mentioned it above, why not a build your own tuner car special. The producers talked about the tuner car culture when they first launched the show, but we haven't seen it yet. Extra points for the most speakers/watts, hydraulics, and how many hos your car gets you (good luck Rutledge!).

But back to the topic. Since I mentioned it above, why not a build your own tuner car special. The producers talked about the tuner car culture when they first launched the show, but we haven't seen it yet. Extra points for the most speakers/watts, hydraulics, and how many hos your car gets you (good luck Rutledge!).

Rutledge did it....sorta. The Car Dealer Challenge with the Lexus. My god, what was that redneck thinking when he did that? Truly one moment in the show where Rutledge was off his rocker.

That would only be good if one of them were a true mucsle car person because that person would make a joke of it. I hate "ricers" so i wouldnt be interested in that challenge as, im sure, a bunch of other viewers. I think there is a reason why even TG UK hasnt really touched that.

That would only be good if one of them were a true muscle car person because that person would make a joke of it.

I think that person is Adam; he strikes me as someone who'd buy an old Dodge Coronet and a crate Hemi, while Rutledge and Tanner would build an import tuner (I'm thinking a Golf for Rut, and probably an Evo for Tanner? That's how I see them).

In UK S6, they featured a pimped-out Peugeot in the studio; in S12, they tried to retune a Renault Avantime to go as fast as an Evo VIII around the track (and failed). But yeah; the UK boys have never tried building their own tuner car themselves. Given the (IMO, at least) epic fail that was Geoff/Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust (or whatever that was), I'm not sure I want to see that.

The US boys, on the other hand, for some reason, I'd be okay with them doing that. And I can totally see Rut choosing a Golf and Tanner going with an Evo. Adam, on the other hand, would pick something ridiculous. ;)

He spray-painted the Lexus and added some wheels. I was talking more like actually tuning a compact for racing/adding lights, speakers, and other peacock devices.

When I first saw that Lexus, I thought "Wait, so, Rutledge is trying to combine VIP Style, Hellaflush, Rat Rod, and some other stuff that I can't recall off the top of my head...." For a challenge, I was pretty shocked that all the hosts kinda lost the idea of trying to sell a car by adding pointless mods that would even cringe the Wheeler Dealers.

That would only be good if one of them were a true mucsle car person because that person would make a joke of it. I hate "ricers" so i wouldnt be interested in that challenge as, im sure, a bunch of other viewers. I think there is a reason why even TG UK hasnt really touched that.

Who says it has to be Muscle Cars? Frankly speaking, I hate Resto-Mods, "Clones," and other aspects of Muscle Car Culture as of late. I find it insipidly stupid that some people will pay 6 figures for what is essentially an inferior clone of past cars. I also find it insipidly stupid that the prices of Muscles Cars has gone thru the roof to the point where even getting in on the ground floor requires you to take out a loan at 27% interest. I'm still surprised given how the market crashed a few years ago still has people willing to spend money on these things.

Last edited:
When I first saw that Lexus, I thought "Wait, so, Rutledge is trying to combine VIP Style, Hellaflush, Rat Rod, and some other stuff that I can't recall off the top of my head...." For a challenge, I was pretty shocked that all the hosts kinda lost the idea of trying to sell a car by adding pointless mods that would even cringe the Wheeler Dealers.

Who says it has to be Muscle Cars? Frankly speaking, I hate Resto-Mods, "Clones," and other aspects of Muscle Car Culture as of late. I find it insipidly stupid that some people will pay 6 figures for what is essentially an inferior clone of past cars. I also find it insipidly stupid that the prices of Muscles Cars has gone thru the roof to the point where even getting in on the ground floor requires you to take out a loan at 27% interest. I'm still surprised given how the market crashed a few years ago still has people willing to spend money on these things.

Muscle cars are way, way down. Don't go by Barrett-Jackson, or Mecum Auctions. Those are rich people who know they are on TV and are showing off. Go by the prices at events like Cars at Carlise, Atlantic Collector Car Event, and at muscle car dealers like Carrol Street auto. A good model muscle car will run you 18-23k depending. A "little loved, needs TLC" model can be had for 8-15k. The market for cars finally crashed.

I too don't get the resto mods and pro-touring fads of today. You want a new car? buy one, simple. Stop butchering our classics.

I would love to see Top gear make a car chase scene as good as Bullit or vanishing point. Not sure if today's engines can match the soundtrack of old, but I would love to see a modern day homage paid to some of those movies.