Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Gear USA is back from the dead and headed to BBC America

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #21
    It is dire. I think I'll let others watch this series - if they report a significant improvement then I may revisit, although I'm not hopeful
    Last edited by Wing Nut; August 5th, 2017, 1:11 PM.
    Pete
    Adelaide
    Australia

    Comment


      #22
      Well the first episode of TG America 2.0 sucked.
      The cast of TG America had worked into a rhythm and there was no need for a change.
      Like Top Gear, if you change the presenters after they made the show their own, the reboots are doomed to fail.

      Comment


        #23
        Originally posted by JohnK View Post
        The cast of TG America had worked into a rhythm and there was no need for a change.
        Like Top Gear, if you change the presenters after they made the show their own, the reboots are doomed to fail.
        I agree with this statement.
        Me:
        2016 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7 8AT (aka Vladof) -- 3/15/2017-present
        2014 Dodge Charger SE 3.6 8AT (aka Dirk) -- 6/30/2014-03/15/2017

        Wife:
        2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L 4x2 9AT (aka Boop) -- 5/5/2015-present
        2012 Ford Fusion SE 2.5L FWD 6AT (aka Boco) -- ?/?/2012-5/5/2015 (<--Miss this car)

        Originally posted by Mitchi
        Damn Panamera you fine as hell send nudes

        Comment


          #24
          Yeah, its bad, the only guy I know of is the actor, I have no clue who the other two blokes are, or care to know, I dont see this one getting better as TGUSA 1.0 did. The only thing that could save this I think is bringing back Tanner/Rut/Adam. Its a real shame that History channel lost interest in TGUSA 1.0, it found its own and was very fun to watch, and the guys really gelled over the years.

          Comment


            #25
            I felt the second episode was better. I especially liked the tracking car segment. It fell down for me at the end with the Seventies Stunts.

            Comment


              #26
              Absolutely awful in every way. They took all of the stuff they learned from TGUS and threw it out the window. No chemistry among hosts (and arguably just bad hosts to begin with), cringe-worthy studio segments, B/C-tier celebrity guest stars, completely unremarkable and boring track - it's the same mistakes all over again.

              Comment


                #27
                Originally posted by ZondaR View Post
                Absolutely awful in every way. They took all of the stuff they learned from TGUS and threw it out the window. No chemistry among hosts (and arguably just bad hosts to begin with), cringe-worthy studio segments, B/C-tier celebrity guest stars, completely unremarkable and boring track - it's the same mistakes all over again.
                Well there is always hope the original TGUS crew gets their own thing going.
                Me:
                2016 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7 8AT (aka Vladof) -- 3/15/2017-present
                2014 Dodge Charger SE 3.6 8AT (aka Dirk) -- 6/30/2014-03/15/2017

                Wife:
                2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L 4x2 9AT (aka Boop) -- 5/5/2015-present
                2012 Ford Fusion SE 2.5L FWD 6AT (aka Boco) -- ?/?/2012-5/5/2015 (<--Miss this car)

                Originally posted by Mitchi
                Damn Panamera you fine as hell send nudes

                Comment


                  #28
                  Yes the cast has zero chemistry, but that can take time. The closest I felt they were a "team" was the NHRA race segment.

                  Overall, it reminds me of the first season of Top Gear: Australia, but once they found the right hosts and established a rhythm, it became a quite watchable show so fingers crossed this one is given the time to get to that point.

                  Comment


                    #29
                    Was there a reason they killed off history channels hosts and made their own? I thought the history channel one was made by the BBC.
                    1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
                    2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
                    1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
                    2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - Present (it's road legal!)
                    2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI 6-Speed (February 2018 - Present)

                    Comment


                      #30
                      Originally posted by 93Flareside View Post
                      Was there a reason they killed off history channels hosts and made their own? I thought the history channel one was made by the BBC.
                      I'm guessing The History Channel realized they could do another reality show for less money.

                      As to why the BBC did not hire any (or all) of the hosts, it sounds like they have another project in development so they may have been unavailable (or their contracts do not allow them to be on other automotive shows).

                      Comment


                        #31
                        I find the cast pretty annoying. They claim being cool, smart, fast, etc... While none of it shows up on the screen. And I can't stand that "murica" bulls**t, I'm ok that some people like pick-up trucks but don't start presenting it like a GT car for God's sake.

                        Comment


                          #32
                          Originally posted by Chibouki View Post
                          I find the cast pretty annoying. They claim being cool, smart, fast, etc... While none of it shows up on the screen. And I can't stand that "murica" bulls**t, I'm ok that some people like pick-up trucks but don't start presenting it like a GT car for God's sake.
                          Who's saying a truck is a GT car? Is that satire?
                          Me:
                          2016 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7 8AT (aka Vladof) -- 3/15/2017-present
                          2014 Dodge Charger SE 3.6 8AT (aka Dirk) -- 6/30/2014-03/15/2017

                          Wife:
                          2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L 4x2 9AT (aka Boop) -- 5/5/2015-present
                          2012 Ford Fusion SE 2.5L FWD 6AT (aka Boco) -- ?/?/2012-5/5/2015 (<--Miss this car)

                          Originally posted by Mitchi
                          Damn Panamera you fine as hell send nudes

                          Comment


                            #33
                            Originally posted by JCE View Post
                            Who's saying a truck is a GT car? Is that satire?
                            Yes it is sarcasm. but they did put one besides a Lamborghini if I remember correctly and ask witch one they prefer, that was pointless.

                            Comment


                              #34
                              To be clear.

                              The new Top Gear USA just show a pick-up truck going into dirt while the narrative says "It is a proud american symbol that shows the power and the implication in our day to day lives bla, bla, bla..." and then they argue about the sportiviness of the shape and ask the crowd if they prefer a pick-up truck over a Lambo or NSX (I don't remember). Lots of bullshit.

                              when Adam, Tanner and Rutled wanted to show pick-up trucks in america they were going to a national park with 3 of them for the testing and the scenery of the park. That was bad-ass and real Top Gear US to me. I miss them.

                              Comment


                                #35
                                Originally posted by Kiskaloo View Post
                                I'm guessing The History Channel realized they could do another reality show for less money.

                                As to why the BBC did not hire any (or all) of the hosts, it sounds like they have another project in development so they may have been unavailable (or their contracts do not allow them to be on other automotive shows).
                                They do have another project in the works, but that came after I believe filming had already started for this new version of TGA, as to why BBC didnt hire them, all we can do is guess at this point, there could of been a none compete clause , but that would be odd since BBC owns Top Gear and they were working for BBC productions .

                                - - - Updated - - -

                                So the season finale is tonight, all I can say is thank god, there was not much good about this new TG America, it was over all horrible , I may be American , but the pro America propaganda got old real fast

                                Comment


                                  #36
                                  Originally posted by jws926 View Post
                                  I may be American , but the pro America propaganda got old real fast
                                  What? The Cadillac Escalade is not the best vehicule in the world?

                                  Comment


                                    #37
                                    Originally posted by jws926 View Post
                                    So the season finale is tonight, all I can say is thank god, there was not much good about this new TG America, it was over all horrible , I may be American , but the pro America propaganda got old real fast
                                    Well truthfully TG UK did the same thing. Not that I think it is a good thing to saturate your audience with it. I really hope the previous TG US' crew can get a project off the ground and produced. I just wish more info would be leaked out so we can at least get confirmation that this is still on!
                                    Last edited by JCE; September 19th, 2017, 12:05 AM.
                                    Me:
                                    2016 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7 8AT (aka Vladof) -- 3/15/2017-present
                                    2014 Dodge Charger SE 3.6 8AT (aka Dirk) -- 6/30/2014-03/15/2017

                                    Wife:
                                    2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L 4x2 9AT (aka Boop) -- 5/5/2015-present
                                    2012 Ford Fusion SE 2.5L FWD 6AT (aka Boco) -- ?/?/2012-5/5/2015 (<--Miss this car)

                                    Originally posted by Mitchi
                                    Damn Panamera you fine as hell send nudes

                                    Comment


                                      #38
                                      You could tell when Jeremy hammed up Aston Martin, Lotus, and Noble. Being in such a global economy, I'm sure there will always be some patriotism with home country products.
                                      1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
                                      2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
                                      1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
                                      2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - Present (it's road legal!)
                                      2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI 6-Speed (February 2018 - Present)

                                      Comment

                                      Working...
                                      X