[01x01] September 29th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Julia Zamero revealed on Gold FM (quirk of fate that I was listening) that the segment is called "Star in a bog-standard car". She's sitting a driving test on Saturday because she can't actually drive a manual car.

Interesting. I guess they couldn't call it 'Star In A Pov-Pack Car' as this could have made it that much harder for Freehand to find someone to supply them with cars ...

you reckon SBS will go through their list of 'celebs' first, to save a bit of money/contractual grief? I'm looking forward to seeing George Negus and Lee Lin Chin having a go at the Proton. :lol:

Last edited:
I don't see what is wrong with "Reasonably-Priced Car".

Vince Colosimo and Steve Bisley arent SBS celebrities are they? I'd like to see them do former SBS stars.

Margaret Pomeranz- coming to a Proton near you. :D

So what time does this go out GMT wise?
I thought i'd have to wait until Tuesday to watch it, but thinking about it. Monday night should be possible if all goes well?

Half an hour to go and I'm still at frikin' work :mad: .... the iQ box better work.

Half an hour to go. :dance:

Ahh you eastern bastards, just 19 mins to go here!

So far 15mins into the First ep its been pretty good, its no UK TG but Id have to say that i will be watching this every week.

i think its REALLY boring compare to UK Top Gear.
they tried to be funny but i didnt find it funny at all.:(

and the Stig introduction was the worst ive ever seen. the audience didnt laugh at all.
the track was even worse. 911 did a 1.11. how small was the track?!

EDIT: the stig isnt a very good driver either.
the only funny thing in the show was putting the stretched Hummer on the track.

and the Stig introduction was the worst ive ever seen. the audience didnt laugh at all.
the track was even worse. 911 did a 1.11. how small was the track?!

EDIT: the stig isnt a very good driver either.
the only funny thing in the show was putting the stretched Hummer on the track.
And they spent more time on that stupid limo joke than the damn GTR hotlap!!

Please wait until this episode actually finishes and the Specific Episode thread is created. No-one wants/likes reading running commentary.

You know, if I'd never seen the original TG before, I'd say this is the best car show I've ever seen.

That said, it's still very good. I keep forgetting that it's Top Gear! I reckon the guys will get better as the show progresses. But a good effort all up thus far. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.