No announcement yet.

Top Gear Russia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm curious what Top Gear Russia will be like. It sounds like a good combination of the well-known and beloved Top Gear UK format and some original ideas from Russia. I hope some people will provide subtitles so we can really see if the programme is good enough to be bothered to learn Russian. It would be a good excuse
    Last edited by hammerhead; February 9th, 2009, 9:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by airmenair View Post
      I think I actually am looking forward to this. I've never seen Russian TV programmes before so at least it will be something new.
      Yeah, this could be good or at least interesting.
      Good luck Russian Dudes.

Comment

TopGear Russia: Debuts February 22nd.

TopGear America: Nowhere to be seen.

Russia wins again. Its like Sputnik all over again.

Comment

Demchenko (Olympic skeleton champion)
          That part interests me the most!

Comment

Originally posted by Ephexis View Post
            That part interests me the most!
            Fond of skeleton? In fact it's a mistake in translation, because Albert Demchenko is an Olympic medallist not in skeleton but in bobslay.

And as far as Russian celebrities are concerned, I'm afraid you won't see plenty of really interesting people on the show - there'll be mostly representatives of pop culture and one solidly built deputy from the State Duma (Russian analog for the House of Commons) .
            Last edited by Lyon4ik; February 10th, 2009, 9:20 AM.

Comment

To those that don't know
              Skeleton :

also :

Comment

What these guys (Fomenko and so forth) have to do with humour. I thought that it's an essential part of TopGear.

I'd rather see Zhyrinovskii on that programme.
                ... in the world.

Comment

You shouldn't be worried about Fomenko's humour! He has a vast experience in it.
                  For instance, in the early 90-s he used to host the first strip show on Russian TV called "Empire of Passion". You can watch a part of its series here on YouTube (in Russian).
                  Then, Nikolay used to be a radio DJ on the radiostation "Russkoje Radio" (Russian Radio), where he had 40 or 50 his own jokes recorded which were repeated before commercials. Check one of them on YouTube (in Russian).
                  Also, in the 90-s Fomenko used to dub American wrestling shows for Russian television. And he did it with humour and irony as well (also in Russian).

And by the way, this is a Wikipedia article about Nikolay Fomenko (in English, at last).
                  Last edited by Lyon4ik; February 10th, 2009, 8:36 PM.

Comment

It seems, that for true TG fans a 10-episode season of Top Gear Russian Edition isn't an object of interest at all.
                    For instance, James May's Smart, 1000 uses for JM, JM's T-shirts and, perhaps, even colour of his pants are MUCH more important!

Comment

Hmm, Fomenko has gotten quite old in the 12 years since that strip show. It looks promising though, I will watch the first one at least.

Sorry if people aren't that interested on these boards, but we're pretty stubborn in our views. Pretty much nobody is following Oz and James series 3 either, because it's a bit of an obscure drinking show with a weird, old bald guy.

What have they done in terms of advertising for the show in Russia? Do you guys have a license fee system like parts of Europe and the UK? Over here that doesn't exist and so good advertising is one of the most important factors for a new show.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post
                        Hmm, Fomenko has gotten quite old in the 12 years since that strip show.
                        You know, I had the same thought when I found that video on the internet. I guess it is mostly besause of those FIA GT-N races. Nickolay wasn't a professional driver and perhaps he wasn't in a phisical shape for the races when he started. But on the other hand Alex Vasiliev and Fomenko were the very first Russian drivers in races of such a high level and the whole country admired them.

What have they done in terms of advertising for the show in Russia?
                        Almost nothing, I have to admit. In fact there have been just a couple of press-releases on REN TV site: one in November when the contract with BBC was sighned, the other a week ago - which announced TG RE start and had a general discription of the show and the hosts. No special advertising has yet been made.

Do you guys have a license fee system like parts of Europe and the UK? Over here that doesn't exist and so good advertising is one of the most important factors for a new show.
                        In Russia most TV channels are broadcasted free because some of them are state-owned and others earn from advertising (REN TV is one of second). And this makes the absence of TG RE adverticements look wierd to me.
                        Last edited by Lyon4ik; February 12th, 2009, 6:35 AM.

Comment

From mytopgear.ru by MadOnion

That will be interesting!
                          I love white Mercs

Comment

There is small TG:RV media blowout.
                            News report from filming, video-opening and tv-promo.

As long as it's not from youtube, I couldn't embed it here
                            So please follow here
                            Sorry for my English

Comment

Thanks for posting that MadOnion... Will be very interesting to see the show .... only a couple of days to go... Hopefully we'll be able to catch it outside Russia

Comment

Only 2 more days! Cannot Wait!

1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
                                2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
                                2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
                                1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
                                1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Comment

If the subtitling project works, I'm looking forward to watching it. If not, watching screaming Russians is still cool. There is some random cooking show on the channel right now.

Comment

Originally posted by nouseferaname90 View Post
                                    There is some random cooking show on the channel right now.
                                    If it's the same cooking show I'm thinking about, then it's from the production house that makes TG Russia )
                                    Sorry for my English

Comment

Looks like the reasonably priced car is a Lada...!

This should be interesting...
                                      2003 Urabus Impreza WRX stage one - 3" TBE Exhaust, Custom Dyno tune 210kW/440Nm 5 sp manual
                                      1997 Ford EL Falcon Wagon - 163kW/366Nm 4sp FraudSlushOMatic

Comment

So today is the showtime! I canceled all of my meetings and its affairs just to watching to it.
                                        The date: 21.00
                                        The place: Ren-TV Russia
                                        Don't miss it!
                                        I love white Mercs

Comment

Ermm
                                          It's gonna be tomorrow, February 22.
                                          And the time is 19:00 for all time zones in Russia, I suppose.
                                          At least in my region (GMT+5) that is the time.
                                          Sorry for my English

Comment

Working...
                                          X