Top Gear Russia

woudn't someone with the 700mb rip like to upload it to an ftp?
i suppose our boys in the FTP Section would be happy to host them.

Where the download? Will it be put on the main page?

Sorry if it has been posted, i cant read 230+ pages.

woudn't someone with the 700mb rip like to upload it to an ftp?
i suppose our boys in the FTP Section would be happy to host them.

Where the download? Will it be put on the main page?

Sorry if it has been posted, i cant read 230+ pages.

Upping to 95's. Should be there in a couple of hours, if everything's well. No subtitles yet, the quality is mediocre (a 700mb file, but from a poor source, as it seems).

It was alright, I guess. Sure there were a lot of flaws, but there were flaws in Top Gear 01x01 and Fifth Gear 01x01 also. News segment was disappointing, but I think it has potential to become a decent show over time. Looking forward to 01x02.

Last edited:
I knew those 4 years in Siberia would come in handy one day :D

I must say I loved every minute of it - it really has a TG 01x01 feel - reminds me of the earlier series quite a bit :)

Although I haven't spoken russian on a daily basis for quite some time now, I understood almost everything - even if they speak rather quickly. When I was in Moscow a couple years back, I had a good grasp on russian already, but I didn't understand anything :blink: The moscovites were talking so quick it was like listening to modem noise, but the 3 presenters of TGR make it possible to comprehend even for non native speakers like myself.

Formenko clearly takes the role of Jeremy there, although I think they don't really try to copy the dastardly trio from britain :p (IMHO)

What one has to keep in mind is that russians have a bit of a different temperament than us other europeans. Maybe as a German I'm not the most qualified person to talk about passion and temper, but in my time in russia I learned that when it comes to cars, russians can get passionate, it would even put the italians to shame :lol:

TGR has IMHO put in a solid, well done start and it will get better. It's not the first time the russians have done that - as an example - I saw several series' of "Fabrika Svesd" - russias version of "Pop Idol" - it got off with a sloppy start, but it kept improving and improving - by Series 6 (imho the best ever so far) they reached a level of quality, that nothing could keep up with it, that I was seeing in German TV. So cut them some slack, I'm sure they'll improve. One thing to keep in mind as well (it was mentioned in one of the promo trailers) TG UK don't just sell off a license and be done with it, they also keep an eye on the quality :mrgreen:

Molodzi, TGR :D

whole episode on rutube

Last edited:
It's exactly the same as British Top Gear! The intro's the same, the studio looks exactly the same, etc. etc. etc.

To be honest, I'm quite dissapointed (not that I care much). I would rather see Russians bring a new look and new ideas to the show, something that will distinguish it from others, rather than just simply copying the original series (badly).

Come on Russia, you can do better!

P.S. Still can't believe that Range Rover diesel was faster than MX-5.

It's exactly the same as British Top Gear! The intro's the same, the studio looks exactly the same, etc. etc. etc.

To be honest, I'm quite dissapointed (not that I care much). I would rather see Russians bring a new look and new ideas to the show, something that will distinguish it from others, rather than just simply copying the original series (badly).

Come on Russia, you can do better!

P.S. Still can't believe that Range Rover diesel was faster than MX-5.

uhh... it's TOP GEAR. Of course the set and intro are the same :lol:

Because 95% of channels in Russia has a 4:3 format. :(

That doesn't matter. The problem is that part of the show is 4:3 and part is 16:9, so owners of 16:9 tv sets get either croped image from the studio (which is better) or just little image in the middle of screen during the rest of the show (depend on setting they choose).

My point is that this is completely illogical.

And I'm happy I understood more then I expected (which was nothing). :)

Last edited:
I have watched every available season of TG starting from end of 80-ties.
I must say i like to read russian car magazines, and i think they are grat and objective journalists. But sorry my dear russian friends, this RTG episode was a crap, and here are my reasons why i think so:
1. It was terrible copy of preaviosly seen English Top Gear, for example
a) having a picnick near track and some stars making best lap times with reasonably prices car - it reminds me some episode from BBC top gear
b) boat vs car competition- maybe my memory is bad, and maybe i am just dreaming, but seems i have somewhere seen it before (+1 To TGAustralia they, have made more interesting comeptitions and script).
2. Cars were quite old and boring models, and no technical information or good drivings skills. Just some laptimes and really boring comments.
3. Also for me is no interesting to watch some test with old Porsche Boxter, which tests have been made befor on many other motoring shows. They could better test some new ladas, or some Chinese cars which are not available in UK, it would be much interesting.
4. Camaera man's job was not quite good.
5. Track for fastest times suckes.
6. AND MOST IMPORTANT how they pronounce top gear- Top Giiir, Stjig

Prostite rebjata no Top Gir rassija nje ruljit. Nadejemsa na uluchenijie.

Soory gyz but TGR don't rule, hope for better.

i thought it was fantastic,
it would be even better though if i could understand a word they're on about, or read along *hint* :>

I have watched every available season of TG starting from end of 80-ties.
I must say i like to read russian car magazines, and i think they are grat and objective journalists. But sorry my dear russian friends, this RTG episode was a crap, and here are my reasons why i think so:
1. It was terrible copy of preaviosly seen English Top Gear, for example
a) having a picnick near track and some stars making best lap times with reasonably prices car - it reminds me some episode from BBC top gear
b) boat vs car competition- maybe my memory is bad, and maybe i am just dreaming, but seems i have somewhere seen it before (+1 To TGAustralia they, have made more interesting comeptitions and script).
2. Cars were quite old and boring models, and no technical information or good drivings skills. Just some laptimes and really boring comments.
3. Also for me is no interesting to watch some test with old Porsche Boxter, which tests have been made befor on many other motoring shows. They could better test some new ladas, or some Chinese cars which are not available in UK, it would be much interesting.
4. Camaera man's job was not quite good.
5. Track for fastest times suckes.
6. AND MOST IMPORTANT how they pronounce top gear- Top Giiir, Stjig

Prostite rebjata no Top Gir rassija nje ruljit. Nadejemsa na uluchenijie.

Soory gyz but TGR don't rule, hope for better.

You're missing some simple facts there. The show looks rather copy-ish only to those who've seen the original, which doesn't include a lot of russians, I suppose. When I was in russia or worked with russians, they always told me that they have a hard time learning english, in fact many told me that they found it to be easier to learn german rather than english, which is a surprize frankly.
So most russians don't know all the TG series' since 2002 and may not even know Clarkson & Co. so it's perfectly fine to rehash some TG UK ideas - heck TG UK themselves do it (amphibious vehicle challenge anyone?)
They really can improve in the camera quality and the track layout doesn't seem all too good either (looks like an abandoned airbase to me) but as a start the show was good and as I stated earlier, I'm sure they will improve :)

(Added)
Just finished reading some russian automobile sites - boy are they thrashing the show :eek: As the tall one would say, "That's not gone well" :tumbleweed:

Last edited:
You're missing some simple facts there. The show looks rather copy-ish only to those who've seen the original, which doesn't include a lot of russians, I suppose. When I was in russia or worked with russians, they always told me that they have a hard time learning english, in fact many told me that they found it to be easier to learn german rather than english, which is a surprize frankly.
So most russians don't know all the TG series' since 2002 and may not even know Clarkson & Co. so it's perfectly fine to rehash some TG UK ideas - heck TG UK themselves do it (amphibious vehicle challenge anyone?)
They really can improve in the camera quality and the track layout doesn't seem all too good either (looks like an abandoned airbase to me) but as a start the show was good and as I stated earlier, I'm sure they will improve :)

(Added)
Just finished reading some russian automobile sites - boy are they thrashing the show :eek: As the tall one would say, "That's not gone well" :tumbleweed:

you have forget one thing, British Top gear have been shown on russian TV for a couple of seasons, with translation in russian - so no excuses for bad english.

+1 now i have a motoring show every week to watch almost all year round (TG, TGA, FG, DMOTOR, TGR) , but TGR russia must improve very much, so i would like it

@GITS_LV

Didn't know that TG was shown dubbed in russia, in that case the question is, why they try to make an own version in the first place :blink:

Having just rewatched the car vs. boat race i noticed that Formenko did some properly dangerous driving. He hurles the car through the city at what looks like 100 km/h minimum :mad: Also he nearly ploughed into some pedestrians towards the finish :cry:
I don't think that will help to ease the occasional madness on the roads, that I witnessed in russia

Hey, GITS_LV is absolutely right, the first ep is totally awful :(
The crew don't understand what TG stands for. There's no TG spirit - the look only.
Two of the presenters don't fit at all. Fomenko is a well known musician, amateur racer and showman, but he doesn't like cars - he likes herself in cool cars. Bad jokes and narcissism - there he is.
Oscar Kuchera is a TV-actor. He knows nothing about cars, he can' t drive - WTF is he doing in this show?
Yeah, the talk all the time - but this is not funny at all. After every "joke" you can here "laugh in the studio", but you can see clearly the silent audience. Cause all the jokes are silly not funny. And the presenters read the script but not express their thoughts.

The test track is awful. You can not see car performance, you know the lap time only. Is it really Miata is much worse than diesel Range, or is it just a bad track or bad driving skills of this Stig? You can't say 'cause you can't see the lap.

The stars. They are pathetic. Didi you see how they drive? Or did you see how Fomenko flirts with some dumb glamour girl (Masha Tsygal)? And yes, she can't drive manual. Fomenko said she finished driving school after the first shooting and redid the lap. You can clearly hear she didn't shift and did all the lap on first gear. And the lap time was just 20 secs more than the best.

The "reasonably priced car" is specially tuned racing Lada Kalina - the price is about 30 grands. What a reason!

Boxter vs Stiletto. But why? 2 km race throgh the city traffic whining about everything. And the speeding - look at the other cars Fomenko passed, they were going about 60 km/h.

BTW, after the show end more than one hundred of spectators registered on the Ren-TV forum (Ren-TV is a channel that shows TGR) just to say how bad is this show. The discussion has more than 260 messages about Russian version for now.

Sorry for my english :)

people, people, people...
Where do I begin? First off, as far as I know TGR is officially a Top Gear program, much like TG Aus. This is not just something that the Russians ripped off of the British - it's supposed to look like TG UK (studio and intro, that is). As far as the presenters are concerned - are you suggesting that JC, RH, and JM are good drivers? :lol: The whole point of Top Gear (any version) is to be entertaining and TGR was certainly that. Yes, they are musicians but see, they are not supposed to be pro drivers, they are supposed to be entertaining. The car/boat race - so what if it's silly? It was fun to watch! And speeding? Yeah, I guess he was going a little fast... doesn't anyone in Russia, especaially those with sports cars? (rhetorical question) The stars - TG UK has had some stupid star bits as well, and Jeremy flirts shamelessly in almost every other episode.

I quite liked it actually, probably even more that TG Aus. :?

That was an abomination.

The End.

Last edited: