Top Gear Russia

Looks like this Fomenko chap plans to build a hybrid supercar as well as host Top Gear Russia:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/17/russian-marussia-supercar-unveiled/

Nikolay Fomenko, who was probably busy enough being a popular singer, television new anchor and theater actor, also found time to become an FIA N-GT champion. And if that wasn't enough to keep this Russian renaissance man busy, he has just launched his country's first sportscar company, Marussia. To top it off, it's a hybrid, just to make things more difficult.

Fomenko says that he brought a lot of knowledge from his racing career to bear on the Marussia. We see elements of just about every supercar on the market in its appearance, but it manages to still look unique. While he envisions producing a pure electric car sometime down the road, the company's first project is a hybrid.

The Marussia is slated to use a 240-hp, 3.5-liter six-cylinder engine, most likely from Renault or Nissan, but it's unclear where the electric drive components will originate from. While much of the car's parts are expected to be sourced from established companies, approximately 35% of the content will be Russian.

Adding a bit of sizzle to its speed, the Marussia will also have "a host of gadgets," including a 4G Yota network with 10 Mbps data transfer rates at vehicle speeds of up to 120 km/h. Bluetooth, GPS and video screens all around, plus a 320 GB hard drive to round out the electronics.

The goal for the electric supercar is a 400km range, but Russian winters mean the batteries will need a boost. That's where nanotechnology comes in. Fomenko thinks the solution might be in a "nanotech project made at one of Russia's big construction bureaus." The company foresees a 0-62 mph dash of around five seconds and a Tesla-like price tag of $100,000. Plans call for the first customer cars to be delivered next Fall, with race versions taking part in the 2010 edition of FIA GT championship. Fomenko is clearly nothing if not ambitious.

Yep. Take a front of the murcie, middle of the zonda, rear of the enzo, and you end up with... a horrible interior.

Also, who the fuck will ever drive it with that name?
- What car have you got?
- Me? Mmm... Eh.. M....

I doubt I'm going to bother watching it. Its presumably going to air in Russia, and Top Gear is not the same if you have to rely on subtitles.

As James May would say ...... "Hello"
81838356.jpg

:wave:

Last edited:
That's not true! Have u seen the cars in the streets of Moscow? We have Porsche Cayennes as taxi cars... That's just a clue ;)
Believe me, we do have a lot in common. We both hate traffic police, and the prices for the cars are pretty much the same - thanks to our governments and their damn car import taxes.
???? ???-?? ?????????? ? ?????? ????? ??????? ?? ????????, ??? ?? ?????? ??? ? ??? ??? ????? ?????.

What he said is that if someone has converted a Cayenne into a taxi, that doesn't necessarily mean that every taxi in Russia is a Cayenne.

Toshik: this is an english(-speaking) community, I guess you understand what that implies.

Don't judge before you see it

Don't judge before you see it

Looking at the chosen hosts and knowing the hype around the TG brand (and trust me it's quite popular here or how else would TGUK reach its 500 million number in viewers worldwide, huh?) I expect our version to be something special - two of the hosts are great comedians and at least one of them is a race driver, so with proper money invested in the show it should be real fun.

And having seen two of the hosts on russian TV for many years let me ensure you that they are way more suitable for TG than TGA's Charlie Cox.

The only two things I fear that can possibly spoil the fun it the usually heavy ad-driven TV production and possible dependency on the automakers and their dealers. Clarkson and TG as a whole have long been known for their objectivity about tested cars and I do hope it'll stay the same with TGRV.

Hahah, finally. In Russia they have pretty much a remake for every popular foreign tv show. I guess it was only a matter of time (not money cause theres plenty of that...)

great news. but hang on, we might have bit of translation issue. how are we going to solve that.
i doubt that somebody would be bothering translating TGR episodes in English. even if the show will be watching by original TG fans, who can actually do it. so learn Russian, you have 2 months left... :)