Yep, this idea had a surprising amount of interest, so here it is, rind and all.
So what's this all about then?
FinalGear has been involved with LeMons for years, and I've always liked the idea of bringing it to a game. I've mainly been stumped for ideas but now we've collectively come up with a race series that could work. This should hopefully be as close to LeMons as we can get with current games.
This is still WIP and is subject to change, but currently the rules are as follows:
- PI is limited to 275, class E. This excludes the required modifications (see below).
- The following modifications must be done:
- Brakes must be Sport
- Suspension must be Sport or Race
- Full Roll Cage must be fitted
- Weight reduction must be level 3
- Any other modifications will contribute to the E275 limit. What is allowed:
- All engine upgrades
- Anti-roll bars
- Tyre compound to Street or Sport
- Wheel changes including wheel size
- All bodywork upgrades
- Aspiration Changes
- What is not allowed:
- All transmission modifications
- Tyre width changes
- Engine changes
- Drive changes
Design is a big part of this, go mad. You must include the FLeMons logo somewhere though, which will shortly be available on my Storefront for a small fee, which will be used to buy prizes.
- ABS must be off
- STC must be off
- TC must be off
- Steering must be normal or simulation
These will be enforced by the game setup. Ideally the HUD should be turned off or only set to show lap times, with the driver only using cockpit view. These will not be enforced.
- Races will last for 1 hour, timed by the game
- Positions are measured by distance between cars.
- The winner is the driver to cross the line in first place (having covered the greatest distance)
- Currently there is no 'Peoples choice' or 'Peoples curse' but I'm thinking about it.
- I'm also considering prizes, and in the spirit of LeMons this will be a moderate prize, paid in many small chunks (think 25 or more Citroen C1s with a total value equalling the prize money)
All tracks are possible, I have done all my testing using the Infineon NASCAR circuit.
Please register interest below so I can add you to this list:
- Der Stig
- Burn (maybe)