To HS seniors and those of you at University.

Koenig said:
^^Apparently, JWU is supposed to have one of the top, if not THE top culinary school in the US or something like that, kinda like the CIA (Culinary Institue of America).

THE TOP, screw "the other school" :lol: I dont like it[provience] compared to Texas too cold, too cloudy. On the upside i'm a spits away from the NY Auto Show and this city is so corrupt the bars and a few stores will sell you liquor at 18.

Dude, stay at York. I'm not too familiar with Admnistrative studies (business?) but York has Schulich and I'm assuming that's the best place to take accounting in the country.

The problem with Ryerson is that it hasn't shaken off the "Rye High" image since it became a university. Ryerson has a building called Kerr Hall which is essentially a high school. It has hundreds of lockers and the interiors look and feel like a high school. Some of the engineering textbooks I used in first year weren't proper textbooks but rather incomplete, photocopied bindings of other textbooks. Ryerson also has the most incompetent registrar of any university; it takes weeks/months for them to fill out necessary paperwork and they treat students like crap! I also don't like the fact that all courses have only two classes per semester week and some of them are scheduled on back-to-back days.

Fortunately, Ryerson is becoming more serious with all the new fancy buildings. But my future goal is to move to UofT as soon as possible. I only moved to Ryerson because York doesn't have an engineering program. Think about York/Ryerson long and hard, but my advice is to stay at York.

wooflepoof said:
Jacobfox said:
wooflepoof said:
Im at JWU, and after i get my associates in culinary arts im going into the nutrition program and hopefully getting a PhD in foodscience at a school back home in Texas
JWU?
ah, johnson and Wales University

hehehe the hospital i was born in miami closed and a few years later they opened up a Jonson and Wales campus in the building.

Not like that's really hard.
Hospital food sucks major asshole. :thumbsdown:

I'm attending Adelphi University with no decision on Major, I'm just taking classes right now.

Nice.

Attending University of Western Ontario.... second hottest school in north america (Jay Leno said so!!!!!)

JoeBlo1 - WOW, funny how ur the only ryerson student whos telling me that, and none of the guys i know admit that... lol prolly to embarrassed.

Anyways, I wanted to ask you. Ive been thinking about this for a VERY long time! Im already taking a full course load on business - admin studies, but from whats going on i dont really enjoy it as much as i thought i would. My goal is to become a CA but its very boring getting there.

So since i have 2 days off during the week (i have classes from Mon-wednesday), i was thinking of doing an apprenticeship program - Automobile Body Repair shop. Besides becoming a CA, Im very very passionate about cars, and i always wanted to become a car designer or just do something related with cars. I know a few sources where they sell slightly damaged cars, so i was thinking maybe later on i'll start something along that line (repair and sell cars). What do u guys think? Should i go ahead and do this on the side with University?

-Mojo-

PS: I have an interview next thursday, so we'll see how that goes.

I say that stuff about Ryerson because I had the experience of attending York first so I can compare both universities. The great thing about York is that the schedules are flexible. Engineering schedules usually run the entire week here at Rye.

I'm taking mech eng because I love cars, F1, and WRC. Maybe you should take engineering... not too certain about the repair/sell cars.

Good point^^ But Im not THAT into engineering. So i dont wanna do something and end up getting a job in something that im not too happy with, you know what i mean? I'll look into it tho, i still have a semester left to decide.

mojo_786 said:
Good point^^ But Im not THAT into engineering. So i dont wanna do something and end up getting a job in something that im not too happy with, you know what i mean? I'll look into it tho, i still have a semester left to decide.
Get a job you like and you'll never have to work again

I'm at Queen Mary University of London. Doing Politics.

Syracuse University 2010, Mechanical Engineering (Go Orange!). Though I might transfer to RIT next year.

Wow...it's been a while since I've posted in this thread. Still SU, but Writing and Photography with a History minor.

From engineering?...obviously.

I fully support zombie threads.

I'm about to graduate from Western Washington University with a major in History and with minors in Classical Studies and Latin.