2008 Turkish Formula 1 Grand Prix

Could be an interesting race, I am hoping Webber does well and hopefully can hold his position. The BMW issue could be with the difficulty of setting their car up. Turkey is a very hard track to set up for, especially balancing the rest of the track with Sector 3. These two fact combined could help to explain their lack of speed.

McCheaty has been quite strong for some reason...

lol :rolleyes:

Maybe it's because they've finally had a race weekend that's pretty well all gone to plan so far. I think you'll find that contrary to what you and several others have been saying here so far this season, McLaren are quite some way ahead of BMW. Kubica appears to be quite brilliant and seems to be extracting pretty near all of the potential of the BMW, Heidfeld as I've maintained all along is rubbish.

I think Massa will win it though, but will probably be very close between the two McLarens, Kimi and maybe even Kubica can cling on and make the other guys a bit more worried.

Maybe Kovalainen will do a Kubica. Suffer a big accident, then go immediately faster next time out! Here's hoping! I'll be backing Kovy tonight :cool:

I think Kimi is going to leap frog Kovi and Lewis and pop into 2nd in the first lap. I also wouldn't be surprised if Kimi surpassed Massa through pit strategy.

Overall I think most likely Massa will win and some people are going to get knocked out in the top ten on the first lap.

I wonder if Vettel will make it through the race. Feel bad for the poor guy.

Ferrari:
FUCKING ITV MORONS!!! Rider and Blundell are paid shitloads of money to analyse F1 and don't even have a clue whats going on! If I hear how Massa blew away Kimi one more time I'm going to explode. They showed on telly Alonso held up Kimi coming out of turn 11 (I think)....not much but a couple of tenths surely, Kimi has had his measure by about a tenth all weekend. Awesome job by Massa and he will probably win the race. Watching him I always thought his understeer was just bad set up but he seems to love the car like that, interesting preference. Certainly polar opposite to Lewis. Would love to see Kimi leap frog the McLarens.

McLaren:
Lewis has car control on another planet. Formula 1 cars are just ridiculously hard to catch from a slide and I have NEVER seen an F1 car so sideways at such high speed be caught. Simply amazing. Strange tyre choice but worked out ok considering his earlier pace. Good drive from Heikki, his success will depend on his fuel load I think

BMW:
Heidfeld well off Kubica's pace again. Should get another solid points haul but don't think they will trouble the podium

Renault:
Another good performance from Alonso. Very average performance from Piquet. Should be close between Webber and Alonso.

Red Bull:
Good drive from both but Coulthard needs to keep away from other people during the race and score some points.

Toyota:
Good work by Truilli, have slipped compared to Renault and Red Bull though. Glock had pace but stuffed up his lap, poor form

Williams:
Fallen off the pace of the front runners. Will struggle to match the other teams.

Honda:
Two very close and very good drivers driving the package at the absolute limit. Car needs more pace. Maybe next update pack will help them out.

Toro Rosso:
Good to see Vettel find some form again.

Force India:
Slow.

Not much else to say, race should be good. Some good battles throughout the field. With everyone so close fuel loads will play a big part.

Great qualifying by Massa, Kovi and Hamilton. I hope Kovi can get past Massa at the start and take his first race win.

Looks like Fisichella's three spot grid penalty won't effect him too much.

Here we go...

Well done to Massa on winning, good drives by Hamilton and Raikkonen as well. Kovi was unlucky after an incident at the start of the race (not sure what it was, I missed the start unfortunately). He did ok to crawl back to 12th, he had some good battles in the mid-field for Piquet Jr and Glock.

Another solid performance from Webber finishing in the points, but more bad luck for Vettel.

Bring on Monaco!!

Kovi was unlucky after an incident at the start of the race (not sure what it was, I missed the start unfortunately). He did ok to crawl back to 12th, he had some good battles in the mid-field for Piquet Jr and Glock.

Tag on the left-rear tire from Raikkonen's rear wing => puncture.

Congrats to Massa and, especially, Hamilton.
Kimi was disappointing for me, not the first time this season...
Kova lost it all at the start.
BMW 4th-5th, nothing surpirising there altough they did seem faster two races ago.
Alonso: great race again, his team mate came in 9 places behind him...

There were some nice overtakings :thumbup:

What a pass by Lewis...if it wasn't for the damn tyres he would have won today...as he will in Monaco...

What a pass by Lewis...if it wasn't for the damn tyres he would have won today...as he will in Monaco...

Yeah I also think Hamilton will win, maybe even dominate in Monaco. Last year Massa finished 3rd, more than a minute behind both Maccas...

Kimi was disappointing for me, not the first time this season...

Well I think he did a pretty good race with a broken wing

McLaren chose three stops over tyre fears

By Jonathan Noble and Pablo Elizalde Sunday, May 11th 2008, 13:43 GMT

McLaren team boss Ron Dennis revealed the British squad opted to run three-stop strategies in Turkey over concerns about their tyres.

Both Lewis Hamilton and teammate Heikki Kovalainen completed three scheduled pitstops, although two stops seemed to be the norm for everybody else.

Hamilton went on to finish in second place, while Kovalainen had to settle for 12th after being forced into the pits early on due to a puncture.

Dennis revealed after the race that concerns about the structural integrity of their tyres were the reason behind choosing the unusual three-stop strategy.

"It is a little unfortunate for Heikki," said Dennis. "He got clipped by Kimi at the beginning and cut a sidewall and saw the tyre was deflating so he had to stop for tyres.

"And with Lewis we had a bit of a structural concern on the tyres which we discovered in practice and we discussed it with Bridgestone and took a decision on safety to run three stops.

"We've taken a few points out of the leader and are competitive."

He added: "There was some internal delamination which Bridgestone were very good at picking up. We didn't want to have any tyre failure. It was possibly okay to run two stops, but it was a bit more severe on Lewis' and we put drivers' safety first."

Source

all i gotta say is that the commentators are making me hate any driver from the UK

if its not lewis then its the other 2 retards button or DC

i reckon lewis is mad and has mad talent but i really do not care about wat happened in GP2 2 years ago

well done to massa, he had the race from the start witout to much issues

lewis had no chance at all bc of the tyre situation but i thought at one stage he was gonna do it but the 3 stops thing, no dice it prob cost him the race win

well done to kimmi aswell but he just didnt look comfortable in the race at all

the rest of the drivers aahh who cares really

u have teams like BMW who only perform in practise and qualifying

bring on monaco

predictions

lewis will take as its not a high speed circuit which wont suit the ferrari's

i reckon 2nd n 3rd will either be the ferrari's or one of the BMW's or mayb a redbull

Interesting race, clearly McLaren were playing it safe over a tyre issue. Pity about Kovi's puncture I was hoping he'd get a podium!!

Well I think he did a pretty good race with a broken wing

Kimi had the fastest lap of the race so I don't think that wing affected him too much