Toyota Aygo in oz?

DTMracer

Car(s)
1988 Mini Cooper, 1998 MB E55 AMG
Does anyone know if Toyota would ever bring the Aygo over here to oz?

When I was over in the UK I managed to snag one for a little while, and its absolutely brilliant. Great to drive, looks very cool and the simplicity of its engineering is just awesome. With everyone moaning about fuel prices, something small and nimble like the Aygo would make for a great daily commuter or a teenager's first car. Heck, I reckon it would even make for a great beginner race car with a few simple tweaks and some safety equipment.

I know the iQ is getting released, but that looks very ugly next to the current aygo. And yes, I am very much in love with small cars.

I doubt it given the yaris is here already and fairly low priced.

Im fairly sure Toyota wouldn't do that. The Yaris is pretty cheap as is so it would be competing with it self really. Although they almost did it with the V6 Rav4 and the Kluger....

I think Peugeot has considered bringing the 107 here, but I guess Toyota might be blocking that, not sure.

Remember that the Aygo sells for a similar amount of money that a Yaris sells for here.

Of the three, we'd be most likely to receive the 107. After all, the only Citroen C2 sold here is the sportier model (well, VTR and VTS), and you could argue with the 207 being bigger than the 206 that there's a gap in the market for Peugeot.

EDIT: Looks like the 107 might be coming later this year:

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story/79CF3EE63D5D841BCA2573EC00003DD3

Thing is, they say $1000-2000 below the 207, which is kinda too much. It needs to be no higher than $16990.

Also, is it available in automatic, for the clutch-phobic Australian customers?

Last edited:
I'm not too sure too many small cars is necessarily a bad thing. Just gives people more choice, that's all.

Australia always missed out on brilliant small cars like the Subaru R2.

how well would some of those small cars work in oz though, on our crappy roads?

^ Exactly - our cities and suburbs are too spread out for cars that size to work here.

^ Exactly - our cities and suburbs are too spread out for cars that size to work here.

Rubbish. There are plenty of people who use their car very local in all countries.

Something that size would suit me perfectly fine for my daily driving, and I used to do lots of country miles in my Jazz it was perfectly fine there.

These small cars would suit young drivers very well. They're cheap, fuel efficient but look very cool and can be easily modified/tarted (Pick one) up.

These small cars would suit young drivers very well. They're cheap, fuel efficient but look very cool and can be easily modified/tarted (Pick one) up.

There is a riced jazz at uni, complete with far cannon and blue neon under. It looks totally retarded

There's riced Barina's (Corsa's) everywhere around here. The funniest thing, however, is that I've had a couple rev at me at lights and I've then completely smoked them in my mum's automatic 306 with a measly 75kw / 100hp, while they're just spinning their wheels and making a stupid amount of noise. :lol:

Rubbish. There are plenty of people who use their car very local in all countries.

Define local? fbc and I both live in melbourne in 'the suburbs' yet it would be a 150km round trip. Is that really that local?

See, the thing is, cars like the aygo are more than capable of meeting most people's needs in terms of daily commuting, and they make a lot of financial sense as well (ie It works out cheaper to have a small car all the time and just rent a larger one for when you need to).

Also, these cars would be cheaper to insure, still be reasonably good to drive (The aygo is an awesome drive because its light) and because they're so simple, allow young drives to LEARN how to perform some simple maintenance tasks so they can appreciated their cars and know how to do some simple repairs that come in very handy in the countryside.

I'm still surprised at the number of people who don't check the fluids and tyre pressure of their vehicle regularly. A little maintenance goes a long way to a safe and comfortable car.

I'm still surprised at the number of people who don't check the fluids and tyre pressure of their vehicle regularly. A little maintenance goes a long way to a safe and comfortable car.

I check my fluids and pressure quite frequently but my car is still pretty damn uncomfortable :p

Define local? fbc and I both live in melbourne in 'the suburbs' yet it would be a 150km round trip. Is that really that local?

Local or not, I'd say that a 150 km round trip in an Aygo isn't that far fetched. it's not like it's a Peel or anything, it's very comfortable

Local or not, I'd say that a 150 km round trip in an Aygo isn't that far fetched. it's not like it's a Peel or anything, it's very comfortable

right up until you see the crappy state of the roads here

I check my fluids and pressure quite frequently but my car is still pretty damn uncomfortable :p

If the standard integra isn't comfortable for you, then don't bother going for the full type-r version (Am I right in saying yours isn't a type-r?).

If the standard integra isn't comfortable for you, then don't bother going for the full type-r version (Am I right in saying yours isn't a type-r?).

you're correct, my shocks are due for replacement me thinks tho

What's the mileage on your integra? And what shocks are you thinking of getting?