Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. For example, my one +rep just gave you two green blocks (I have 15477 total). :p

Wow, I just noticed that I had some extra green bits - thanks heaps, although I wasn't asking for more :p

I think, as a TG fan forum, we should have our own Cool Wall section.

The way this would work is people post cars in the general Cool Wall forum with a 4 option poll ("Sub Zero", "Cool", "Uncool", and "Seriously Uncool"). Voting could be open for a pre-determined amount of time (a few days maybe), and after which the car would be moved to a sub-forum for the appropriate category. I'd be a great way to find out the forum's general opinion on cars, or if you want to know what people think about your car.

See this for an example of what I mean
http://forums.dieselstation.com/index.php?&showforum=16

I think, as a TG fan forum, we should have our own Cool Wall section.

The way this would work is people post cars in the general Cool Wall forum with a 4 option poll ("Sub Zero", "Cool", "Uncool", and "Seriously Uncool"). Voting could be open for a pre-determined amount of time (a few days maybe), and after which the car would be moved to a sub-forum for the appropriate category. I'd be a great way to find out the forum's general opinion on cars, or if you want to know what people think about your car.

See this for an example of what I mean
http://forums.dieselstation.com/index.php?&showforum=16
We stole that idea a few years ago, but it didn't work out that well, so we decided to kill it.

can you make the Top Gear spoilers section when replied to or starting a new thread not to appear the thread titile on last reply next to topgear on the first page

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/05/21/untitled_000.JPG

can you make the Top Gear spoilers section when replied to or starting a new thread not to appear the thread titile on last reply next to topgear on the first page

Nope, sorry.

I can give it a CSS class though if you want to hide it via Stylish.

Can't you give it a css style that will turn it the same colour as the background? Or just visibility "hidden"?

Can't you give it a css style that will turn it the same colour as the background? Or just visibility "hidden"?
Yeah, and I could just remove that column while I'm at it too, but I don't want to.

You're welcome to though if you want. I've just given them all the CSS class "lastpostinfo".

not a bad idea.

Another suggestion....

Can we get a [YOUTUBE] button in quick-reply? or is that a non-changeable vBulletin feature

http://img259.imageshack.**/img259/6632/futuramacastcopyxi0.jpg

Added.

I know we already have tons of smilies, but I just love this one, so I'd very much appreciate if we could have this here:

fresse.gif

It's from the German website silenthardware.de

What should it be called?

They call it "kisser", referencing to the single tooth. That'd do it I guess.

Last edited:
I know this is a bit out of the general context of what you would like to do, insofar as site improvements, but I am sure others will agree with me on this: the all white background is sometimes hard to view for long periods.

For example, the site AMD Users used to have a black and green theme, it was really easy on the eyes.

Well, just a thought. Thank you in advance for at least reading this, Alex.

Moved your post to the forum thread.

I know this is a bit out of the general context of what you would like to do, insofar as site improvements, but I am sure others will agree with me on this: the all white background is sometimes hard to view for long periods.

For example, the site AMD Users used to have a black and green theme, it was really easy on the eyes.

Well, just a thought. Thank you in advance for at least reading this, Alex.

I don't want to have to maintain two different forum themes (keep them up to date, etc.) so I'd only be willing to go for a different colored theme, i.e. this theme with different colors/images, as that's all controlled via CSS.

However, I'd be horrible at trying to come up with colors for a dark version of the forum.

When I upload a picture using PhyreFile, the first time it never works, so I have to browse for the picture again and the second time it uploads.

Also, when starting a new thread with polls I tick the 'add poll to this thread' but nothing happens, no where to type a poll question or answers. What am I doing wrong?

You tick the box, submit the thread, and then you'll be taken to the create poll screen.

Is it just me, or do the embedded Youtube videos don't work at all? It happened ever since I upgraded to the latest Flash player, and now I'm on Firefox 3 and none of them work on this site.

I went to Youtube itself to check, and everything works there. So I don't know.

Is it just me, or do the embedded Youtube videos don't work at all? It happened ever since I upgraded to the latest Flash player, and now I'm on Firefox 3 and none of them work on this site.

I went to Youtube itself to check, and everything works there. So I don't know.

Something is up with their site. They've been working for me just fine, even in FF3, but they are broken today.

Status
Not open for further replies.