Cleaned up my UrS a wee bit... new pics!

Scott

Car(s)
'13 Hyundai Sonata, '95 Audi S-6 '06 Jetta TDI
For those that know me, I tend to not keep my cars as clean as I probably should, but I spent a few hours this morning cleaning up my S-6 for a show tomorrow, and I thought it was an excellent time to take a few new pictures of it at the same time. Hope you enjoy them!

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

110.jpg

111.jpg

turn the time stamps off

otherwise, awesome ride man! what engines did they put in those S6's? 6's or 8's?

Looks nice, but are you allowed the centre plates? Would look better with the front numberplate in the proper place in my opinion. Stunning car though!

Car looks great! Now, may I give some advice on taking pictures? I will run through each:

Pic 1: For a close shot like that, make sure it is centered. Also, do not park too close to trees, or it looks like the tree is growing out of it.

Pic 2: Much better, the picture is not so busy.

Pic 3: Same as #2.

Pic 4: See #1.

Pic 5: If you can, get down so your head is level with the taillights, and be sure to turn the wheel, so that the wheel is facing the viewer.

Pic 6: now that the trees are further away, the separation is more obvious. But get down! :)

Pic 7 : You have a huge satellite growing out of your car.

Pic 8: Much better! Now the objects compliment each other, and gives perspectives on size.

Pic 9: Getting good...

Pic 10: That is a fine shot. See how everything is in perspective? Lower third of the picture is the car, middle is the trees, and upper is the sky. When taking pictures, remember the rule of thirds. Look it up!

Pic 11: Also a fine shot.

With your camera, try parking your car somewhere, zoom you camera all the way out walk away from your car, and fit the car in the frame so it fills three quarters of it. If your camera has it, use the portrait setting; it should blur the background but keep your car sharp. Bottom line is, you want the viewer to see the car, not the background.

I hope this post does not come across as condescending; and you may think "I just have a point and shoot digital camera....who cares?" Well, a little know how goes a long way when it comes to photography.

Thanks for reading, Scott.

Thanks for the picture taking tips... I kinda knew that stuff, and I thought about leaving out the uglier pics, but I was not all that worried about it.

I am not mounting a plate in the center because that is a $1200 bumper and there will be no holes punched in it. For shows the plate comes off and I bring two new zip ties with me for the trip home. I probably should have yanked it off for these, but I was kind of in a hurry.

Also, it came with a 2.2 liter 5 cylinder, but mine has been upgraded with all of the RS2 go fast bits (turbo, exhaust, manifolds, injectors, software, and HUGE brakes!) so it is much more fun to drive than stock!

I will go take some "nice" shots next weekend probably.

Bottom line is, you want the viewer to see the car, not the background.

I see the car just fine. The backgrounds never distracted me, only enhanced the photo and make it nicer to look at.

Of course, I'm just looking at it as a casual observer. Not a photography critic.