you dont like the new mini R56 Jeremy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This discussion isnt about which car is better, so stay on topik please! In time you will see that the old mini is too light and the fact that the new one looks bigger really adds to it!
well I?m gonna go ahead and completely disagree with you... I have looked at the R56 enough, I?ve driven it on several occasions, the Cooper, the Cooper D, and the Cooper S. I spent a long highway trip in one for gods sake. I don?t like it, and I don?t think that?s gonna change.

And about giving a rest to things i think thats bull, you must never let things go and give them a rest, thats how out world has evolved cause there are people that think different and stood up with their beliefs!
I HAVE A DREAM!!! :lol:

Jesus, if your purpose in life is to get TG to review the R56 (which they will eventually do anyway, most likely just to tell you what I have already told you), then be my guest. But this isn?t even an argument, you?re just complaining about something that none of us have any influence over... Threads like this one really pull the general quality of this board down by a lot...

Right to sum up from teebs links for those not inclined to click them:

1. Likes the new Clubman S
2. Likes the Rag top
3. Hates the Traveller (The Cobol74 view / Those stupid doors FTL)

I may have missed something here, but the Traveller and the Clubman both have those funny doors, and the Traveller was just a concept car anyway...

Threads like this one really pull the general quality of this board down by a lot...
I completely disagree! Peoples views and points must be forwarded in forum like these. Voice/power to the people! :)

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

Yeah right but before all that we will give you Aristoteles, Archimides, Hippokrates, Plato, Diogenes, etc. catch my drift? :D

They did talk about the new mini, I reckon they mentioned it on the news, James said something about it looking exactly the same as the old one and making a joke about how germans thinks that if it isn't broken, well fix it anyway.

Besides, minis are for people who care more about how their car looks rather on how it handels and how it goes. Mind you it drives pretty good and they are incredibly safe, I saw one jumping across oncoming trafic lanes in a highway doing about 120 mph and crash into a ditch. The people inside where unharmed, I know it because it jumped right infront of me and my car even got hit by a rock from the crash. Felt like Nascar sort of crash

Besides, minis are for people who care more about how their car looks rather on how it handels and how it goes.
this is precisely the problem, and the reason why the R56 has lost a lot of the properties that made me love the R50 and R53 so much...

What?s great though is that now there won?t be as many people driving the same car as me, and a lot of the small technical things that they have improved can be easily transferred to the previous model... I?m already planning to install the rear wishbones and the brakes from the R56 :D

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

Hear hear!
Also, damn - I seem to have contracted the consumption.

hey, I figured if the poetic phrases about standing up for your firm belief that you know more about Top Gear than the people who make it, and fighting for the opportunity to have your favorite presenters drag your car through the dirt are already going around, then I might as well throw in some Churchill for good measure...

Besides, minis are for people who care more about how their car looks rather on how it handels and how it goes.

Shame isn't it, but that's exactly the opposite of how the classic mini was perceived. I'm not a massive hater of the BMW Mini, but i do think that it'll never be the car that the classic mini was.

anyone caring to stay on-topic?

Okay then. Let's say I've got myself a 1st gen Maruti Zen Diesel (good god :?). That car's based on the Suzuki Alto, It runs on a Suzuki 1 litre engine, And it looks like a Suzuki. The most interesting fact about it is that my Diesel version uses a Peugeot-developed motor. Now let's assume that TopGear has reviewed the original Alto (which isn't a very interesting car to begin with). Why should they bother Testing an Indian version of it, which runs on a Peugeot 205d engine?

Get the point?:D

Shame isn't it, but that's exactly the opposite of how the classic mini was perceived. I'm not a massive hater of the BMW Mini, but i do think that it'll never be the car that the classic mini was.
Of course not, the classic mini was a revolution, and probably one of the most important small cars ever. It was also mainly conceived to be small enough to solve London?s traffic problem, yet spacious enough to carry 4 people, and most of all: to be affordable. It then sort of turned into the first of the "fast small cars" when John Cooper decided to take advantage of it?s relatively long wheelbase, wide track, and very low weight.

The BMW Mini will never achieve the legendary status of the original, but if you compare it to any other of the retromobiles that are boing thrown on the market by car companies all over the globe, it?s (in my oppinion) the only one that remotely follows in the footsteps of the original. Or at least as far as the sporting aspect is concerned.

anyone caring to stay on-topic?

evidently not...

fed-ex-ups-crash.jpg

Catch my drift?

Okay then. Let's say I've got myself a 1st gen Maruti Zen Diesel (good god :?). That car's based on the Suzuki Alto, It runs on a Suzuki 1 litre engine, And it looks like a Suzuki. The most interesting fact about it is that my Diesel version uses a Peugeot-developed motor. Now let's assume that TopGear has reviewed the original Alto (which isn't a very interesting car to begin with). Why should they bother Testing an Indian version of it, which runs on a Peugeot 205d engine?

Get the point?:D
Irrelevant, the new mini is a whole different car, anyhow if you dont agree fine, lets just not make this whole topic a "i dont agree with zoran" issue! Okay?

Irrelevant, the new mini is a whole different car, anyhow if you dont agree fine, lets just not make this whole topic a "i dont agree with zoran" issue! Okay?

I think it?s more of a "I have my own oppinion, which happens to differ from zoran?s" issue... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.