Let the rumours begin: The F430 successor

This car confuses me, at first, I liked it. I think the general shape looks very nice and I think the front with the big wheel arches and (a bit over emphasized mouth) pays some homage to the P3/P4.

FerrariP3-4.jpg

But, the more I look at it the more details I see that I don't like. I don't like the squinty headlights and I'm tired of that rear end. Also, if they are going to do a flowy round shape, be consistent over the entire car. They do some weird "boxy" lines on the rear that don't look right. Man, I can't believe I'm criticizing Ferrari design! *sorry car gods*

That concept is stunning IMO. And I agree, airmenair, something about it made me think of the P3. Also the big open mouth at the front reminded me of 60's F1 cars.

I hope thy do make it, cause i think its gorgeous.

It has some great lines, but overall it looks like a cross between an F430 and a Maserati Gran Turismo. But the biggest problem is with the overall proportions; is it a front-engined or mid-engined car?

If it's supposed to be mid-engined, then the engine's going to be directly over the rear wheels - not exactly the ideal weight balance that is supposed to be one of the benefits of a mid-engine layout. And if it's mid-engine, then why is the bonnet so long?

So it's got some nice design ideas, but it's just impractical.

I like it, If the next ferrari looks anything like this then perhaps ferrari will have gained some of my respect back. Yay! an interesting looking Ferrari!

What I want from the next F430:

1) Twin turbo V6 or low capacity, high revving V8
2) Full dry carbon fiber body and chassis
3) Carbon ceramic brakes standard
4) Offered with a proper transmission (ie Manual) alongside the F1 system

Pardon my French, but fuck Carbon Ceramic discs.

In 2008, Ferrari North America made carbon ceramic brake discs standard on all Ferrari models, even the F430. They wanted it as a way to compensate the effects of the weakening U.S. dollars.

Unfortunately, the carbon ceramic discs are a fucking $15K option. Basically, it's an unnecessary ripoff. Don't even give me that "Oh, I go to track day all the time" or "Oh, zero fade" non-sense.

Pardon my American, but fuck you. You have no idea how cheap things, especially cars are over there. Combine that with the falling value of the dollar and the companies are losing money with each day. So you'll just have to forgive them that they charge you premium price for premium quality. And CC brakes aren't just for the track, they stop the car much faster, they don't overheat and yes, they don't fade.

What difference does it make to you, anyway? How many ferraris did you plan on buying and were deterred at the last point by the compulsory $15k+ better safety feature? If you want a car that's not built as well, buy a Vette or something. If a rich person, determined to buy the Ferrari of his dreams walks into a dealership, he'll fork out the extra money, which will no doubt, considering he can afford the said Ferrari, seem more like pocket money than anything else.

Pardon my American, but fuck you. You have no idea how cheap things, especially cars are over there. Combine that with the falling value of the dollar and the companies are losing money with each day. So you'll just have to forgive them that they charge you premium price for premium quality. And CC brakes aren't just for the track, they stop the car much faster, they don't overheat and yes, they don't fade.

What difference does it make to you, anyway? How many ferraris did you plan on buying and were deterred at the last point by the compulsory $15k+ better safety feature? If you want a car that's not built as well, buy a Vette or something. If a rich person, determined to buy the Ferrari of his dreams walks into a dealership, he'll fork out the extra money, which will no doubt, considering he can afford the said Ferrari, seem more like pocket money than anything else.

Hmm.. I am from Asia and I know full well how expensive cars/gas are in countries outside of the U.S. ;)

Not as expensive as here, mate. If you don't even live in USA, why bitch about it?

^ Do you know how much cars cost in Hong Kong?

And don't worry, these companies are not losing money. Regardless of how bad the US economy, they'll just make that money by ripping off us non-Americans.

They can obviously sell the Ferraris as cheap everywhere as they do in the US, but the rest of the world pays so much more for the same products. Goes to show you how much they're over charging.

Why does a manual BMW M3 retail for $157,000 AUD in Australia, but $56,500 USD in the US?

Or, and this is the one that really pisses me off because I really wanted to buy one of these, why does a C63 AMG retail for $54,675 USD in the US, where as the same car costs $139,500 AUD? I mean, the current exchange rate is already at 1AUD = 0.96 USD, and the US dollar will probably drop again sometime soon. The Evo X is looking more and more tempting and affordable as each day goes past...

Amdforever, whats wrong with carbon ceramic brakes? Why is it wrong for someone to have the choice of speccing up better brakes if they can afford it?

I have no idea why people are bitching about price in a thread about Ferrari. If you want something cheap, go and buy a Hyundai.

lulz.

/wanted to +1 you, but I gotta whore myself around first. Someone fancy a +rep-job?

I always thought the F430 predecessor was the F360?

how are you guys already discussing a successor to the F430??

I'm willing to bet that future Ferraris will get slightly smaller and a lot lighter. A TT V6 isn't all that far off of an idea, but they'll most likely have NA V8s that will be smaller in displacement.