you dont like the new mini R56 Jeremy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn?t agree more. The R56 does look very similar to the R50/R53, as they?ve really only changed some of the details. But quite frankly, I think that everything they have changed wasn?t for the better... Just look at those hideous side indicators, the weird shape of the bonnet, the lights, and so on...

You forgot to mention the ever-ludicrously-larger speedometer. Seriously, 2 generations down the line if the speedo continues to get bigger at the same rate it'll be the size of the car.

oh, don?t get me started on the interior... :blink: because that HAS changed quite a lot, and although there are one or two things in there that I find quite cool, as a whole it?s absolutely ridiculous...

just be glad they didn't think it was a good car to destroy comically and take it for a win.

Hahaha, watch out, this guy will drop some hardcore e-justice on yo ass.

Seriously, get over it. It's a mini. Top gear have super cars to drive, why would they bother with it? I'm sure you're very proud of your car, but keep it in perspective. It's a hatch-back, and only one of hundreds of new cars, it isn't some shining beacon that should draw the undisputed attention of all.

I mean what i said Ford! :mad:

so do I :lol:

My car was tested on Top Gear and won over the old Mini:dance::tease:

my car is so much better than yours, I firmly believe that, and I firmly believe in believing that one should stand up for ones beliefs! :yes:

no seriously, a friend of mine has (or rather had) one, he was even at the first FG ring meet :D
it?s a very good car, but it?s not a mini competitor...

I completely disagree! Peoples views and points must be forwarded in forum like these. Voice/power to the people! :)

Ha ha...I always find it funny that some are deluded enough to think of an internet forum as some sort of "democracy".

No, this is a benevolent dictatorship, and you are a irascible, irritating fanatic. Funny how you say that "Peoples views and points must be forwarded in forum like these", yet you also say, "This thread isnt interested in your opinion!" I think the reason why this thread is still going is because it is gives the moderators something to laugh about. And the rest of us.

Or to put my above paragraphs simply, this is the internet. Nobody cares about your opinion, nor mine.

But, to go ON topic, I myself think the R56 is just a another way for BMW to extort money from their loyal followers. Myself, I would get a base Cooper S, and tune it the way I want it to be. And I am sure Top Gear see it the same way; it's a tarted up version of a car they have already road tested and liked.

Last edited:
so do I :lol:

my car is so much better than yours, I firmly believe that, and I firmly believe in believing that one should stand up for ones beliefs! :yes:

no seriously, a friend of mine has (or rather had) one, he was even at the first FG ring meet :D
it?s a very good car, but it?s not a mini competitor...

Yeah I certainly didn't mean to say it's better than the Mini. It's more practical and was faster around the TG curcuit than the non-supercharged mini, but I'm sure the Mini will be more fun to drive.

What I did mean to say though, is that my car was on Top Gear and that makes me a better person than zoran!:cool:

*Ahem*

Time to use a macro I found in my photoshop folder a hella long time ago:

jezzacry-1.png

This thread is hilarious!!! :lol:

The Mini R56 being reviewed on Top Gear..... :roflmao:

Oh man this thread is funny. :lol:

He's acting like it's some sort of great injustice that if it's not fixed it will cause the word to end or maybe it'll just cause his e-penis to shrink even further. :roflmao:

No offense, but you should really just read the articles Jeremy writes for timesonline.co.uk

Just going by the trends of the last few seasons they seem to prefer doing large reviews on rare or very interesting cars. I'd personally love to see more small reviews on everyday cars, but until that happens the articles are almost as entertaining and probably more informational. If timesonline came with a soundtrack i don't think i'd know the difference.

Last edited:
Cut the irony.
Regarding the thing about the mini, thats its not that important and that TG doesn't have to review it since its not a big deal cause its only a new model. Well all that reasons suck! They have reviewed the newer models (non super cars) of other brands, as for eg. Honda TyperR (old and latest) as well as Golf Gti (4 and 5), so why not the new mini cooper S?
so stuff it! :lol:
:cool:

Hahaha, watch out, this guy will drop some hardcore e-justice on yo ass.

Seriously, get over it. It's a mini. Top gear have super cars to drive, why would they bother with it? I'm sure you're very proud of your car, but keep it in perspective. It's a hatch-back, and only one of hundreds of new cars, it isn't some shining beacon that should draw the undisputed attention of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.