Race Driver: GRID

How do you double post in one post? :huh:

You make two post on a forum full of mods and admins with a sense of humor (even the German mod :p)

My 44 million point drift session.

Fraps made the game stutter pretty bad at the end of the 3rd lap, otherwise I probably would've break 50 million. I'm going to try again when I find a good video capturing program.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGswf2TWP0s[/YOUTUBE]

Fraps made the game stutter pretty bad at the end of the 3rd lap, otherwise I probably would've break 50 million. I'm going to try again when I find a good video capturing program.

Growler GunCam is your friend.

Much better than Fraps, has no recording limits or watermarks (until trial ends). Simple to fix, once it has ended, whenever you want to do some recording, just put the windows clock back a couple of months or whatever.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Just tried GunCam, it conflicts with GRID, the game would not launch with GunCam on, I have to start GRID before loading GunCam, and it would crash the game randomly.

Last edited:
I have to agree. It's right there in the middle, although the physics are a bit odd.

Yeah, the physics could be better, but I like them, because I liked DiRT and they seem a bit improved since DiRT.

My comp couldn't handle the game and fraps at once, so I had to play it on my friend's quad core (Q6600 @ 3.33ghz, X1950 Pro). Anyways, I finally got 64 million points on it. :D

My 64 million point run.
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rl1bBQbnc2k[/youtube]

Just a regular gamepad (Betop BTC-C033) remapped using a program called Xpadder.

I've just tested the demo on my PS3 and I am a bit disappointed, I though it would be a good game, I've always liked the TOCAs very much but this one, really, is SHIT...

The cars have absolutely no feel, nothing... so the gameplay is one of the worst I've ever came across, and I've tested a lot of racing games in my life !

Ok, it's a bit pretty, but far less than a GT5 and you get more car feeling in GTA4...

Did a few multiplayer races on Xbox Live, and I must say the quality of players Grid attracts are the same bunch who love NFS. I'm used to racing with "gentlemen racers" on rFactor (people who observe flag rules, let people pass if they shunt someone, etc) - I observed nothing like that on my experience with Grid! Players would purposely and outright rear end you on turn 1 (and of course the ensuing pile up that follows shortly after). Swear to god, people run into each other on purpose! It's frustrating! I hope the singleplayer aspect of the game is good, because I don't imagine myself racing online often with that game.

You must've just ran into a bad pack because I've raced with quite a few people on live playing GRID and haven't seen a single person intentionally crashing people. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I've seen some really good competition.

online i dont think i have got through the first corner on the US race once yet... it always ends in a monumental crash.

The PC version just came out today for download from the interwebs. Check appropriate websites for acquisition. And if TOCA3 is of any indication, this game will seriously rock!

Last edited:
The PC version just came out today for download from the interwebs. Check appropriate websites for acquisition. And if TOCA3 is of any indication, this game will seriously rock!
I'll probably just wait for retail on the 3rd. Mass Effect will be here in a few days, so...

My brother has it on 360 already and he says it's great. He and his buddies have been playing it all day. He said the demolition derby is a blast.