Random Thoughts....

Our fuel graph is worse than yours so stick it.

_44681621_petrol_price_466.gif

Whats the legal verdict on me making a dvd w/ Oz and James and giving it to a teacher to use in class? I know with other things at least here in the US teachers are allowed to use artcles and videos and things for educational purposes w/ no legal ramifications. I'd feel awful if the son of the president of the BBC were to ever enroll at school and taddle on us.

Marvel at the brilliance.

My own stamp correspondence from around the world. One years worth. Plus there are some letters in the bigger envelopes.

When gas hits $5 a gallon in America, I'm hoping there will be some sweet riots. I could definitely use a nice plasma TV myself.

Whats the legal verdict on me making a dvd w/ Oz and James and giving it to a teacher to use in class? I know with other things at least here in the US teachers are allowed to use artcles and videos and things for educational purposes w/ no legal ramifications. I'd feel awful if the son of the president of the BBC were to ever enroll at school and taddle on us.

Shrug; I've used clips of Oz and James and Top Gear in class (in France) to help teach English, along with transcripts.

I figure what the BBC don't know can't hurt them, and the kids really enjoyed it as it made a change from book learning (and was quite funny too)...

Stupid storms in Frankfurt meant I have missed my connecting flight back home. I get to spend my weekend sitting in various airports. I am so pissed off right now.

I've spend four weeks away in Denmark doing work, and I've been looking forward to going home for so long, and it keeps moving further and further away from me.

^ :eek: and you didn't come visit me :cry:

I know, I'm bad. :p

Mind you, after working weekends and until 1AM most nights, I haven't had time to see much of anything except Naerum and Skodsborg...

Speaking of oil prices...

I have been saying for months that the price of oil just didn't add up. There hasn't been nearly enough rise in demand or drop in supply to justify the price of oil. Also the drop in the dollar relative to rest of the currencies in the world really wasn't enough to account for all of the rise in oil prices either. I figured the price of oil was at least 25 bucks too high and maybe as much as 50 bucks too high. I know I am not the only person who has been thinking this as it has been discussed in the news and on my finance/investor related forums.

Well it looks like CFTC has been looking into this problem to see if there has been some manipulation in the price of oil.That is a bloomberg link which can be kind of wordy

Here is a CNN link which is a little more succinct.

It takes a looooooong time to install all the updates on a Thinkpad that was made in 2002. But after letting it do it's thing pretty much all day this old machine is running very well. :) It's a lot more lap-friendly than my big heavy Acer.

In other random thoughts the weather radar shows an awful lot of red headed my way. I can't wait for the lightning show!

When gas hits $5 a gallon in America, I'm hoping there will be some sweet riots. I could definitely use a nice plasma TV myself.

Nah, not worth it.
Make sure you get an LCD, much better, trust me.

Speaking of oil prices...

I have been saying for months that the price of oil just didn't add up. There hasn't been nearly enough rise in demand or drop in supply to justify the price of oil. Also the drop in the dollar relative to rest of the currencies in the world really wasn't enough to account for all of the rise in oil prices either. I figured the price of oil was at least 25 bucks too high and maybe as much as 50 bucks too high. I know I am not the only person who has been thinking this as it has been discussed in the news and on my finance/investor related forums.

Well it looks like CFTC has been looking into this problem to see if there has been some manipulation in the price of oil.That is a bloomberg link which can be kind of wordy

Here is a CNN link which is a little more succinct.

Of course, it's OPEC. What did you guys think was happening?

Anger at 'slutty' Starbucks logo
Starbucks logos
The new logo (left) being used in some Starbucks outlets has caused offence

US coffee chain Starbucks has come under fire for a new logo that critics say is offensive and overly graphic.

The Resistance, a US-based Christian group, has called for a national boycott of the coffee-selling giant.

It says the chain's new logo has a naked woman on it with her legs "spread like a prostitute... The company might as well call themselves Slutbucks".

Starbucks says the image - based on a 16th century Norse design of a mermaid with two-tails - is not inappropriate.

Rather, the image is a more conservative version of the original Starbucks design, which hung above the chain's first store when it opened in Seattle's Pike Place Market in 1971.

'Rubenesque'

It says the image - the longstanding logo for Pike Place bags of coffee - is appearing on some of its cups as part of a promotion, and will remain "for several weeks".

Howard Schultz, who bought Starbucks in 1982, described the emblem in his memoirs as "bare-breasted and Rubenesque; [it] was supposed to be as seductive as coffee itself".

Although its share price has plunged in recent years, Starbucks has 16,000 coffee shops in 44 countries worldwide, employing more than 170,000 staff.

The chain has just opened its first outlet in Argentina.

Based in San Diego, the Resistance claims to have more than 3,000 members across the US and has gained a reputation for espousing diverse conspiracy theories

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7427105.stm

:lol: Wow. Just wow. Why do so many people go out of their way to find something to complain about? I usually hate Starbucks (I guess it's Slutbucks now) but I'm rooting for them in this fight.

Brisbane needs a drenching. Hervey Bay got flooded yesterday, with more flooding expected over the weekend for them.

I'm packing for the airport, and I'm wondering:

Do they hassle you about taking a camera, a DSLR to be exact, on board with you? I mean as in having you turn it on and swab and it like they do laptops? :rolleyes: