Xzibit is auditioning for the show today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think we can go ahead and delete the Gear section from the forums.

i like xzibit :D

I'd have no problem with Xibit on the show, might liven it up a bit.

Also, people who though PMR should have been a serious customization show are retarded, because they somehow expected legitimacy from a show with "pimp" in the title.

6247_xzibit.jpg

YO! Check it, the homies here at Gas know how much you like to drive, so we put a car in your car so you can drive while you drive!

I'd have no problem with Xibit on the show, might liven it up a bit.

Also, people who though PMR should have been a serious customization show are retarded, because they somehow expected legitimacy from a show with "pimp" in the title.

I agree, it would certainly separate it from the UK Top Gear.

Oh dear.

Xzibit works well on PMR, as it's effectively a car show for 13 year olds. TG is a car show for grown ups.

I reckon us Aussies are pretty lucky we've got three honest hardcore car guys as our hosting team, not some rapper/amateur comedian that appears to believe that bling is the be all and end all of what makes a car 'good'. On the plus side, it gives the manufacturers of truly horrible cars a fighting chance to get a positive review ... so, before Pontiac give Gear an Aztek to test, they should stick some 20" chrome spinners and several large LCD screens in the back of it.

Oh dear.

Xzibit works well on PMR, as it's effectively a car show for 13 year olds. TG is a car show for grown ups.

I reckon us Aussies are pretty lucky we've got three honest hardcore car guys as our hosting team, not some rapper/amateur comedian that appears to believe that bling is the be all and end all of what makes a car 'good'. On the plus side, it gives the manufacturers of truly horrible cars a fighting chance to get a positive review ... so, before Pontiac give Gear an Aztek to test, they should stick some 20" chrome spinners and several large LCD screens in the back of it.

I get the feeling our version of TopGear will be more like TopGear UK, where yours will be more like Fifth Gear. :p

Xzibit? I'd actually have to say that's not a bad idea.

I'm serious... I'm not a rap fan, and I'm not an Mtv fan, but that guy has excellent comedic timing and persona, and he's reasonably knowledgeable about cars... at least, that's the way it seems... if he actually doesn't, he's convincingly good at faking that he knows about cars.

So he?ll be the american James May then ... strange hair, bad taste, funny way to speak ... oh boy ... bashing "gear" would be so easy ...

HAHAH ROFL, dude that is EXACTLY what I was thinking. PMR is absolutely idiotic, however the guy himself is pretty funny. On the other hand Top Gear hosts don't generally show alot of car knowledge either. I mean JC himself calls traction control witchcraft :) (or was it AWD).

To all bashing PMR, it's been already pointed out but I'd like to reiterate that it was never meant to be a serious show. It was always meant as an over the top, crazy "tuning" show. It was always supposed to be outrageous and is basically pure entertainment with a car in it, it's not a legit car show :) On the other hand we have Overhaulin' that, while excellent in the styling department and some of the pranks are pretty cool, is not quite as entertaining to the general populace.

It's basically like the fast and the furious, rubbish (I like that word) car movie, however hilarious if you don't take it seriously ;)

Last edited:
He may be popular on PMR, but I don't think he would fit in with the Gear group.

It would turn into from Top Gear to Gangster Gear.

He may be popular on PMR, but I don't think he would fit in with the Gear group.

Yeah. Cool guy, but I don't think he'd fit.

I quite like the idea of Gangsta Gear. The drive-by challenge, what are the best cars to carry drugs in, what has the biggest boot to hold a body and still have some bling, how many ho's can you fit into a Versa :)

It would be funny seeing Xzibit getting pulled over by the police during every high end car test. :lol:

Oh dear.

Xzibit works well on PMR, as it's effectively a car show for 13 year olds. TG is a car show for grown ups..

ehh, i dunno about that. Its kind of a childish show as of seasons 9 and 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.