Nissan GT-R vs Chevrolet ZR-1

Well do you want to look like a prick trust-fund boy racer? Or do you wish to look like a retired foot doctor?

There's a black C5 Z06 running around my area with a young+douchebag driver. His dad supposedly has an Enzo.

A classmate of mine has his eyes set on the Nissan GT-R and believes Corvettes are ox-cart technology. Our MD will be obtained in about 3.5 years.

Well do you want to look like a prick trust-fund boy racer? Or do you wish to look like a retired foot doctor?

I'm alittle too young to be mistaken for a retired... anything, so I know which one I'd choose. :p

Wow, first time I see a potencial for two flame wars at once. :lol:

Yeah I know...after I posted that I thought, "I think I splashed this thread with a wee bit of gasoline."

I consider anything with a GM small block V8 and a supercharged to be god, so I think I've made my decision!

But on the subject of the GT-R, I find that it just doesn't excite me.. It's not like I don't like japanese cars (Give me a R30 Iron mask anyday), it just doesn't do it for me.

Ewww, I said I liked the car with the lolsprings and the pushrods! :eek:

People who think the ZR-1 is faster than the GT-R on the ring need get a clue.

Luckily I'm here to entertain and inform!

7:29.03 Nissan GT-R 480 hp/1740 kg Toshio Suzuki 2008-04-16 Standard run-flat tires. Dry track. The conditions were perfect according to the driver. (Video is on Youtube)

7:32 Porsche Carrera GT 612 PS/1380 kg Horst von Saurma Sport Auto Trophy

7:32.02 Porsche 911 GT2 2008 530 PS/1440 kg Walter R?hrl
Semi-slicks tires.

7:34 Koenigsegg CCR 817 PS/1180 kg Horst von Saurma 2005-10-17 Sport Auto Cold conditions

7:38 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren SLR 722 GT 680 PS/1390 kg Horst von Saurma 2008-04

7:40 Bugatti Veyron 16/4 1001 PS/1888 kg Wheels Magazine Australia, 12/05

7:42 Porsche 911 GT3 415 PS/1440 kg Walter R?hrl Automobil 05/06 sport auto 05/06

7:42 Ford GT 550 PS/1521 kg Octane magazine, 11/05

7:42.9 Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06 505 hp / 1450 kg Jan Magnussen 2005 Motor Trend[8] Muggy conditions

I've take the liberty of highlighting some of the more informative stats. So I ask, where the hell do you think a car that is basically a z06, with a supercharged c6 engine, with magnetically variable shock absorbers with the same old transverse leafsprings will fit in that list of Italian and German hand made cars?

It sure won't be atop the Japanese ninja of a car, that is the GTR! (that rhymes bitches)

I've take the liberty of highlighting some of the more informative stats. So I ask, where the hell do you think a car that is basically a z06, with a supercharged c6 engine, with magnetically variable shock absorbers with the same old transverse leafsprings will fit in that list of Italian and German hand made cars?

Like so:

Door to Garage from house.
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren 722
Porsche 911 GT3
Ford GT
Koenigsegg CCR
Porsche 911 GT2
Bugatti Veyron
Porsche Carrera GT
Nissan Skyline GT-R KGPC-110

Outside with the for sale sign:
Nissan GT-R

Like so:

Door to Garage from house.
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren 722
Porsche 911 GT3
Ford GT
Koenigsegg CCR
Porsche 911 GT2
Bugatti Veyron
Porsche Carrera GT
Nissan Skyline GT-R KGPC-110

Outside with the for sale sign:
Nissan GT-R

What does that have to do with how fast the cars go around the track?

not trying to blatantly bring flames or anything but the GTR's time was in "perfect conditions" with (i'm pretty sure) newly paved roads on many parts of the ring.

the Z06's conditions were " muggy" and the run was done on the old tarmac

not saying the Z06 is faster than the GTR because of this but people have to realize how little the chances are for each car to be tested in identical conditions.

and I haven't even mentioned how hard it is to drive a perfect 7.00 min+ lap over and over again in different cars

To me Ring times can tell a lot about a car but for outright performance on a typical track I'll check out the Top gear track times, or even some Tsukaba numbers or something.

flamesuit.jpg

Flamesuit Activated!
I personally dislike them both...a very powerful computer vs. a clear tupperware hood. What is the world coming to.

7:29.03 Nissan GT-R 480 hp/1740 kg Toshio Suzuki 2008-04-16 Standard run-flat tires. Dry track. The conditions were perfect according to the driver. (Video is on Youtube)

I believe there was a pretty big debate on here awhile back as to how legitimate that time by the GTR actually is and there was some pretty convincing evidence that the GTR in fact ran slicks and not the run flats. Don't believe everything you see.

It's not all about how fast a car is. It's the overall package.
Nellus didn't say anything about how fast they are.
We are talking about two performance cars. Should we be discussing their gas mileage or trunk sizes instead of performance?

not trying to blatantly bring flames or anything but the GTR's time was in "perfect conditions" with (i'm pretty sure) newly paved roads on many parts of the ring.

the Z06's conditions were " muggy" and the run was done on the old tarmac

not saying the Z06 is faster than the GTR because of this but people have to realize how little the chances are for each car to be tested in identical conditions.

and I haven't even mentioned how hard it is to drive a perfect 7.00 min+ lap over and over again in different cars

To me Ring times can tell a lot about a car but for outright performance on a typical track I'll check out the Top gear track times, or even some Tsukaba numbers or something.

You have worse grip on new pavement than old pavement.
Lapping the ring at near-identical times over and over again is not that hard for a professional driver.
I'd LOVE to see these two cars at Tsukuba, a track with almost no space to really open it up. I predict a complete annihilation by the GTR

I believe there was a pretty big debate on here awhile back as to how legitimate that time by the GTR actually is and there was some pretty convincing evidence that the GTR in fact ran slicks and not the run flats. Don't believe everything you see.
Is there any evidence they didn't use the runflats?

I'm asking because I also read that the cylinder walls on the GT-Rs engine are lined with plasma, which has to be renewed every few thousand kilometers. Later, somebody found out that they actually are plasma-lined, but not like Ghostbusters-Ectoplasm, rather than just a special coating, which never has to be renewed. It turned out that some people heard 'plasma', thought of some grease and assumed it has to be renewed, which later was sold as a fact. :rolleyes:

Is there any evidence they didn't use the runflats?

I'm asking because I also read that the cylinder walls on the GT-Rs engine are lined with plasma, which has to be renewed every few thousand kilometers. Later, somebody found out that they actually are plasma-lined, but not like Ghostbusters-Ectoplasm, rather than just a special coating, which never has to be renewed. It turned out that some people heard 'plasma', thought of some grease and assumed it has to be renewed, which later was sold as a fact. :rolleyes:

Oh yea, I can't believe I forgot to mention that. Anyway, I didn't state there was fact either way, what I just suggested was that it was "fishy" and the times confirm the "fishyness." I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset your sensitivities.

Oh yea, I can't believe I forgot to mention that. Anyway, I didn't state there was fact either way, what I just suggested was that it was "fishy" and the times confirm the "fishyness." I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset your sensitivities.
You didn't upset my sensitivities, I was just making sure that this slick tire talk is actually backed up by something. Otherwise, it's the usual chain of...

Person 1: "Dude, there's no way the Nissan did this time on the ring. It must have been on slicks!"

Person 2: "What, it was on slicks?"

Person 3: "I just heard they used slicks ... liars!"