Official WRC thread

after this rally I definitly can't understand FIA's decision to get rid of the run flat tyres, is stepping back to the stone age good for the sport~?

^ Wrong headed F1 thinking is polluting WRC - Stop it Bernie, just stop it.

/Edit V Bernie has an idea and it seems to cross over to WRC, so stop Bernie. ...

Last edited:
acropolis rally..

f_petAFP12122m_35b1854.jpg

f_petter960Orm_a201c78.jpg
I know dude, its just... wheres the source ?

Not geographically where, but er.. digitally ? :lol:

You can get those pics from RU

Tis good seeing Petter fighting for the podium. Let's hope his bad luck won't happen at Greece.

GO PETTER!!!

: )

Great DAVE show tonight. I'd prefer a fuller show but what was on offer was well done. Anyhoo all things being equal Loeb is impossible to beat ATM. That new scooby looks on the money, at last a worthy car for Petter and Atkinson.

YAY. Petter pulled it off : ) 2nd position is a good achievement for the new car and for Petter.

Such a shame that Henning had a problem with his car and couldn't join the podium with Petter.

Wow!

At last Solberg got a great finish.

Lets hope that in Turkey both Subarus will finish in the top 5.

Good run for Subaru, looks like their new car is a huge improvement. Shame about Hirvonen and Latvala, they have been doing some phenomenal driving, but their cars keep getting damaged.

Hirvonen made a great come back from 8th to 3rd. Latvala had a great start but as you said, his car failed him.

It was a pretty close rally in the mid field, but Loeb just in a league of his own.

Good to see the new Subaru so strong, and this was only the beginning. I'm sure this can be a promising era for Subaru. Hope this thing become more reliable than the last one, cause I'm worried with Atkinson retiring.

The 2 fords, were very unlucky. Good job Hirvonen for 3rd.

The Subaru wasn't meant to be launched for 3 months so I'm sure it's got a few issues that need to be sorted. Despite that, Solberg took second place. In Turkey I don't think they will take first, but after that, if Loeb makes even the smallest of mistakes, Solberg and maybe Atkinson could take first place for sure or at least have a very close fight with Latvala and Hirvonen.

The Subaru wasn't meant to be launched for 3 months so I'm sure it's got a few issues that need to be sorted.

Don't worry, after Turkey there will be a summer break which will allow the Subaru boys will fix all the small problems and hopefully it will allow Petter to tackle the championship.

I was hoping for the double Solberg finish on the podium... Such a shame for Henning.

Not only did he have the engine/electric problems, on the last day his bloody door wouldn't close. I really like him and felt sorry for him.

I just noticed the Turkey rally will be on the same weekend as Le Mans, too much awesome for one weekend methinks.

Is it normal that I find Le Mans very boring and pretty much unwatchable?

Well, we are on the a break now.

I am really happy to see Hirvonen take first place :)

Also Latvala was awesome.

However, both Atkinson and Solberg gave very poor performances.

I also heard that Solberg had some sort of fight with the team. I hope Subaru can sort themselves out before the next race and get another podium finish and socre some much needed manufacture points for the company.

Well, we are on the a break now.

I am really happy to see Hirvonen take first place :)

Also Latvala was awesome.

However, both Atkinson and Solberg gave very poor performances.

I also heard that Solberg had some sort of fight with the team. I hope Subaru can sort themselves out before the next race and get another podium finish and socre some much needed manufacture points for the company.
I feel that the fight was somehow uncalled for. Getting second and then having a row, it just doesnt seem to go logically together.

David Richards (The Prodrive boss) said it was just a small argument, nothing serious. Solberg also said he forgot about the whole thing.

However, I suspect there is much more to it than they told the media.