TGA Location??

Glopaticki

Hey fellas just wondering what your opinion is on where TGA will be presented? QLD, NSW, VIC??

IMO they have to target as much people as possible so i think Eastern Creek is a good choice. I know its not the best track around but being only 30 or so km from the Sydney CBD, its a good choice. I'm only saying this because i live in NSW and don't know much about the othr states. Also if TGA happens to be at EC its only a 15min drive for me:mrgreen:

That or Oran Park

What do u think fellas?

Cheers

Last edited:
It'll be probably based on Sydney, being as that's where SBS is.

Yeh it would have to be Sydney. Its a shame Oran Park is closing down as it would have been perfect as a TG test track. So I'm assuming Eastern Creek is next on the list but that track is boring compared to the TG test track we've become use to...

Why don't they take over Bankstown Aerodome? Does anyone use that shithole? Could make a good track but I wouldn't want to travel over there...

Maybe they should just use Hickson Rd near The Rocks. They'll have to get rid of all the speed humps the council installed to stop street races :p

I believe I read on some other forum that had linked to us where they'd be filming, but I forget now. :(

I think it was Easy of Syndey or something. I dunno.

Freehand Productions is also in Sydney.

I believe I read on some other forum that had linked to us where they'd be filming, but I forget now. :(

You read other TopGear forums Viper?!?!?!?!?!? :-o:-o:-o:-o:-o

:p

LOL Bankstown is a hole, but it would probably would end up being EC, they also got the WISD next door so they could have 1/4 mile times as well as lap times.

Just checkin out google maps and saw they are constcuting a new building next to the runway, dunno how old the pic is, but it gets one thinkin.

Hmm the EC track is okay just lacks the corners, me thinks.

If not they could always use the go kart track...lol

Last edited:
Yeh it would have to be Sydney. Its a shame Oran Park is closing down as it would have been perfect as a TG test track. So I'm assuming Eastern Creek is next on the list but that track is boring compared to the TG test track we've become use to...
Why don't they take over Bankstown Aerodome? Does anyone use that shithole? Could make a good track but I wouldn't want to travel over there...

Maybe they should just use Hickson Rd near The Rocks. They'll have to get rid of all the speed humps the council installed to stop street races :p

If you think EC is a boring track you need to drive around it. Its awesome. I'm pretty sure that Bankstown aerodrome is still being used.

If you think EC is a boring track you need to drive around it. Its awesome.
Boring compared to the UK TG test track, is what I wrote.

And obviously driving on a track is totally different to watching a car go round it ;)

They really should do it at the go kart track :lol: I've always liked it on normal Top Gear how sometimes celebrities come really close to the cameras. They wouldn't be able to get within a mile of them at Eastern Creek's main circuit. I guess what I'm saying is that a small track with cameras right on the edge is what you need for these 'hot laps'.

Bankstown would be no good - all the cars would be stolen during filming. ;-)

It won't be at Bankstown Airport! That is one of the busiest airports in the country with about 800 aircraft movements per day. Britain is littered with underused airfields thanks to a little problem with the Germans 70 years ago ... Australia simply doesn't have that legacy ... don't bother thinking about aerodromes for TGA.

Oran Park is gone at the end of the year (RIP), Eastern Creek is a possibility, but don't forget Wakefield, only a couple of hours away from Sydney.

It'd be nice if they could use a runway like TG UK, that much tarmac is alot more interesting than 20m width of racetrack.

EDIT: Outside Sydney, Brisbane has the paperclip QR (big UGH), Lakeside is getting back up and running again, Melbourne has Phillip Island, Calder Park (bah).

Last edited:
There is an airfield in Western Sydney that I think is no longer used by aircraft. Used by the local TAFE and UWS. But looking at the satellite images the runways look in bad shape.

The one @ Quakers Hill is a bit shonky, let alone no definite track. i go past it everyday on the train and its very neglected.

Probably stick to a actual racetrack, alot easier.

Bankstown would be no good - all the cars would be stolen during filming. ;-)
:lol:

Could you just imagine - "And now its time for the first annual Top Gear awards ceremony from the glamorous location of Bankstown Aerodome!"

Hey it beats Guildford! No wait, maybe it doesn't :p

LOL they go to camera showing the car ready to do the lap and its on bricks and stripped down with Stig still at the wheel

I think Fairfield and Villawood trump them...:p

Back on topic, i don't see why they haven't released the location, because they have already released whos hosting it unless they still havn't chosen a location. :rolleyes:

But most places you can't really get a glimpse from the side fences anyway, such as racetracks and airports and if they do does it matter? The same could be said for the challenges, they are going to be leaked and have a greater chance of public influence.

just my 2 cents

:lol:

Hey it beats Guildford! No wait, maybe it doesn't :p

Hey, I work in Guildford :p :lol: There's a very nice oval, cricket ptich and bowling green in Guildford.

Perhaps they could make something up around the old Yennora Wool sheds :lol:

I was thinking Wakefield Park as there is alot of run off before you hit anything (mostly) and you can see the entire track from the pits.

Bankstown Airport is a tad busy these days. How about Hoxton Park Airfield- Polair 1 is/was based there or even Camden Airfield.

Had another thought - scary moment :blink: - how about the Skyship/Blimp/Zepplin hangar at Nirimba Education Precinct (formerly known as HMAS Nirimba). It's way over the back of the driver training strip.

Last edited:
Aint Narimba near QuakersHill?? Looking at in Google Maps looks pretty run down but there is a little track marked out.

LOL at least now i'll have something to look forward to as i go through Guildford. :lol: