Post your computer desk

My old crappy desk.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/20/PBDesk1.jpg

It's over 20 years old and made from cheap ass particle board. A few years ago I decided to remove the cheap ass plastic wood veneer and paint it black. You probably have something just like it in your house, maybe it was given to you, maybe you found it on the side of the road, maybe you don't even know how you came into posession of it, but you have it.

I spent more money on paint than the desk is worth. Up top is the very first beer I had the day I turned 21, and ontop of the tower is the Queen Alien. Up top the speakers each have a Corvette sitting on them. Also, ignore the sword, it's some stupid thing my aunt gave me.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/20/PBDesk2.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/20/PBDesk3.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/20/PBDesk4.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/20/PBDesk5.jpg

Damn, only americans drink their first legal beer out of a crappy metal can ;)

Cool oldschool chieftec case :)

edit: shit, seems like I missed the mark on everything. sry dude ;)

Last edited:
^^Thats a glass bottle, which of course improves the taste of Bud. The can is a soda.

First, that is a glass bottle up top. What's below on the right is a can of Sprite. And that isn't an old school chieftech (whatever the hell that is), it's an Antec TX1050B.

Umm, you still live with your parents? How old are you, really?? <_<

Nothing wrong living with your parents. As long as you get your own room and privacy.

I plan on living with my balis till I get married. No use buying a house when I'm still single, I'd rather spend the money on cars.

Nothing wrong living with your parents. As long as you get your own room and some privacy.

I plan on living with my balis till I get married. No use buying a house when I'm still single, I'd rather spend the money on cars.

A lot of people don't think like that... naturally, though, some situations may dictate a necessity to live with your parents or whatever have you. Like you said, as long as you get privacy, I don't get the big deal. I drive a nice car because I am still living at home while going to University instead of busting my ass living in a shitbox apartment and having a crap car.

Nothing wrong living with your parents. As long as you get your own room and privacy.

I still live with my dad, but I barely see him as he's always at his girlfriend's place or work, so I can do literally as I please and get free food/rent. Works nicely.

Although my sisters finally got some sense and moved out of my mom's house (she's a responsible parent and more importantly, only has 56k) and into my dad's, but I can deal with them in exchange for free rent, heh.

Umm, you still live with your parents? How old are you, really?? <_<

27 going on 28 :)

I'm finally graduating college, in less than two weeks actually. I would have never been able to go to school, buy my car, or pay for my other bills at my current job if I also had to pay rent. Now that I'm nearly done with school my parents will put a lot of stress on me to start dating and look for a potential wife :lol:

A lot of people don't think like that... naturally, though, some situations may dictate a necessity to live with your parents or whatever have you. Like you said, as long as you get privacy, I don't get the big deal. I drive a nice car because I am still living at home while going to University instead of busting my ass living in a shitbox apartment and having a crap car.

I have two rooms...all to myself!

I still live with my dad, but I barely see him as he's always at his girlfriend's place or work, so I can do literally as I please and get free food/rent. Works nicely.

Although my sisters finally got some sense and moved out of my mom's house (she's a responsible parent and more importantly, only has 56k) and into my dad's, but I can deal with them in exchange for free rent, heh.

Once I get started in a decent career, I'll probably move out. My parents and I have a pretty good relationship, but it gets old sometimes.

I can't wait for the day I can support myself and move the heck out of here, my parent's house. I'm really getting sick of dealing with their weird moods, they are all over the place and argue about pointless shit. I just don't see the point about getting all po'd about arguing over how we can't cook the chicken on the grill because it's thunder storming, just cook it some other way or don't cook it at all, no need to freaking argue. But they love me and support me while I'm going through school, the times that they aren't getting bent over pointless crap they are pretty decent though.

Oh and my desk is very similar to Punisher Bass's desk, except mine is not blackened, mine it longer, and mine is full of way more crap than his. :lol:

^ To continue the OTness: Its awesome once you moved out (partially...)
I only go home every 2 - 3 weeks, the rest I'm at Uni/work (the same for me), and when I'm back at my Mom's house, I don't have to do shit, being well catered for foodwise...

^ To continue the OTness: Its awesome once you moved out (partially...)
I only go home every 2 - 3 weeks, the rest I'm at Uni/work (the same for me), and when I'm back at my Mom's house, I don't have to do shit, being well catered for foodwise...

I do that too and it's very nice indeed :-D

to all of you who live at home, what do you do when you want to take a chick home?

Isn't it kinda weird to walk her past your parents watching the telly in the living room on your way to your room to :hump: ?

just wondering.... :dunno:

Fuck her at her place:lol::mrgreen:, or even better..... Hotel service FTW!

... back of a car would do as well.

to all of you who live at home, what do you do when you want to take a chick home?

Isn't it kinda weird to walk her past your parents watching the telly in the living room on your way to your room to :hump: ?

just wondering.... :dunno:

Never had any problems with that when i still lived at home. a) we slept in the same room; b) we were both adults; c) my parents knew wouldn't do anything stupid; d) my parents aren't hypocrites. I had slightly more problems with it the first time we slept at her parents' place though.

From beyond the living, I call upon you thread, return!

Since I spend more time at work then at home, I figured I'd take a pic of my work bench.

Photo0131.jpg

Nuclear Instrumentation Module test bench. It's actually nothing fancy, mostly pretty standard test equipment for any electronics.