The best sporting events you have been to

stevanford1

Car(s)
FN Mustang
I was inspired by the Euro 2008 thread to make a thread of the best sporting events you have been to. For me it was a Football/soccer match. Australia vs Uruguay which was on the 16th of november 2005. This is the match Australia won on penalties which got them to the 2006 world cup.

What a match ! The Australian national anthem was booed when they played in front of 50,000 uruguayans. So the 80,000+ people that attended the match in Sydney booed and jeered the uruguayan national anthem. Also listening to 80,000+ people singing "You will never walk alone" was something that every person has to experience in their lifetimes.

The best I can say is I used to have season tickets to the now defunct IHL Hockey League in the US/Canada. I got to see a few playoff games when Orlando had a team.

Hard to say, F1 at monza isn't bad and nothing beats the atmosphere at San Siro when Inter play AC Milan!

Which Milanese team do you support ?

The swedish Ice-hockey finals in 1999 last game and my fav team won!

2000 sydney olympics, specifically the Badminton finals. I'm a big badminton fan, and I regularly play.

I couldn't believe how powerful their smashes are!

The Ashes 2006 in Perth, when Gilly hit his 57 ball hundred. All those English supporters silenced was something to behold.

I don't know if anyone remembers the XFL but I went to a game and at least 4 fights broke out in my section alone, and three people got so drunk they tried to jump off the top of the stadium. Of course I don't actually remember how the game went since no one was paying attention to that, but it was quite an experience for a 12 year old.

I was a course marshall at the Colorado Cog Rally, and I have been to a few NHRA races... there is nothing in motorsports more insane than a top fuel dragster!!!

I also got to attend the Drum Corps International World Championships on 3 occasions. I am sure most of you don't consider that a sport, but as someone who did it, it most certainly IS a sport and a pretty damn hard one at that!

When the Syracuse Orange beat Georgetown, a team that was #1 in the NCAA rankings that we were expected to get slaughtered by - not only did we beat them, we crushed them by 20 points.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INOFDKa7CIE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Then doing the exact same thing this year as well, when we beat them again.

And hell, I don't even follow sports that much!

When I went to Ohio State the best sporting event was anything in which we played Michigan. Football, basketball, hockey, volleyball, soccer, whatever. The whole atmosphere was completely different that it was when playing against any other school.

Hungarian GP last year. The atmosphere with the engines roaring and the cars whizzing by was awesome. And there were thousands over thousands of people over there, each supporting someone or some team.

I wasn't there in person, but the best sporting event I've seen was when my St Louis Cardinals won the world series in 2006. The best one I've been to was also for the Cardinals back in 1998, I saw Mark McGwire hit his 55th home run in his chase for the record, the record was 62 so every one was a big deal.

I went to the super bowl in 2003. That was a hell of an experience, although we were destroyed.

F1 at the Hungaroring, 2005, 2006, 2007.

Hungary-Brazil friendly football match, 2004.

LeMans 2007, would have been even better if Tom Kristensen had won again.

Depends. Atmosphere, the opening game of the under 21 world cup in Kerkrade. The Netherlands vs Benin.
But i remember last year's tennis classics in Eindhoven most fondly. It's a tennis tournament for retired pros, and last year they had Bjorn Borg and John McEnroe on the player list. And i was there the day they played each other. It was like i'd gone 27 years back in time, they both played like in their best days. Add a few oither loonies and nutcases (Henri Leconte, Sergi Bruguera) into the mix and you have a great day on your hands, it was the best birthday present i ever gave anyone (got my wife 2 tickets for her birthday). And the best news is, this year there will be Goran Ivanisevic and Michael Chang. I can't wait.