Race Driver: GRID

Drifting is impossible on the keyboard... I'm staying away from it...

Not impossible, very hard unless you turn all the aids off, i got quite good at it using the keyboard before i moved to the wheel.

I've been trying, but i keep spinning out. I got enough rep to get my licences without drifting anyway. I won't get to challenge ravenwest or whatever their name is, but i don't care.

Drifting with keyboard is nearly impossible, on the tighter tracks like Shibuya and Long Beach it's impossible. Anyways, just finished all the races in the Japanese leagues, the final Ravenwest Touge was surprisingly easy, it only took me one try on normal difficulty, maybe I should've tried serious and get more rep points.

Drifting with keyboard is nearly impossible, on the tighter tracks like Shibuya and Long Beach it's impossible. Anyways, just finished all the races in the Japanese leagues, the final Ravenwest Touge was surprisingly easy, it only took me one try on normal difficulty, maybe I should've tried serious and get more rep points.
Meh, you hardly need them. I did every single race on "normal" and ended up with just over 5 million points.

That's true, I have the global league unlocked, I don't think there's any more things to unlock. But maybe I'll get better team mates? Which team mate do you recommend?

But maybe I'll get better team mates? Which team mate do you recommend?

I used a guy called Malcolm Coleman first, a Scottish guy. Then come across a guy called Lee Niven from England. And i have now traded him for an Irish guy whose name escapes me.

You guys know that the warezed version works flawlessly online as well?

The online mode if freaking insane, demo derby with 12 people and damage on is one of the most ridiculous experience I have ever had in a game. I wish the game was a bit more sim.....

On a other note we should form a Final Gear "Clan" and start having regular organized races :D.

P.S. I play with the DFP set up for 300 degrees of motion and no aids.

That's true, I have the global league unlocked, I don't think there's any more things to unlock. But maybe I'll get better team mates? Which team mate do you recommend?

Oh, and D-Fence FTW! He recommended Nori Hidaka as a team mate and god damn is he good!

:D Yeah that guy is a freaking genius in Pro Tuning races, he is glued to my rear spoiler all the time :)

Even on non-Pro Tuning, he's usually top 3-5.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Almost got 100 million in the Rumus drift event. :D
http://img149.imageshack.**/img149/4899/newbitmapimage14js5.png

I can only find a Nori Kaito, but no Nori Hidaka. What price range is he in? Thanks.

I can only find a Nori Kaito, but no Nori Hidaka. What price range is he in? Thanks.
$500,000 / 35% IIRC, but I could be wrong. Don't worry, he's there.

When you beat the game, it gives you all cars plus like 4-5 bonus cars for FREE, so don't go and buy them all before hand trying to collect them like I nearly did. ;)

^ Do you get the ebay Ford as well?

But to finish the game would mean i'd have to do the drift ones too... >_<

But to finish the game would mean i'd have to do the drift ones too... >_<
Which are cake if you have a controller or wheel. :)

Looks like i'll have to get that N64-USB converter, then... Unless I beat all the non-drift segments and i send my savegame files to someone that's good with drifting, i really am not looking forward to that... :(

Looks like i'll have to get that N64-USB converter, then... Unless I beat all the non-drift segments and i send my savegame files to someone that's good with drifting, i really am not looking forward to that... :(
Buy a 360 controller. They're quite good and can be used for many games. :)

Can only get a wireless one or a wired one for a lot more. I'd rather get a wheel, then.