Some guns I found

Hmmmhh all that Hydrogen on board the Zeppelin would make fuel cell power very easy to work with as long as you didn't use up so much Hydrogen that the Zep lost buoyancy.

I guess a solar panel skin with diesel electric backups would be easier to work with though.

Well, for starters no one uses hydrogen anymore, for obvious reasons. The German's didn't even want to, but the US was Bogarting all the helium at the time.

I would not count on diesel engines, it's too hard to make them lightweight. The only airship with such engines, the R-101, if I recall, suffered from weight problems and eventually flew into the side of a French hill in a storm.

I was thinking a cross between Waterworld and Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. With zombies. Ans Nazis too for a little more action.

And commies!...ooh, communazis!

Of course, even a zombie-infested world would have wood and (to a lesser extent) coal. This fella might be able to help you out.

Well, for starters no one uses hydrogen anymore, for obvious reasons. The German's didn't even want to, but the US was Bogarting all the helium at the time.

I would not count on diesel engines, it's too hard to make them lightweight. The only airship with such engines, the R-101, if I recall, suffered from weight problems and eventually flew into the side of a French hill in a storm.

I was thinking one or two small diesel engines that only generated electricity like on a train. Make them small and put them towards the center of the ship to centralize the mass. The thrust to move the Zeppelin could be provided by a couple of small but very powerful electric motors attached to ducted fans.

virgin_global_flyer.jpg

or

Cluster_Ballooning.jpg

^ :lol: It took me a second to get that one.

But sticking with the derailing...can I make a request for our zombie-proof airship? I want a huge Finalgear logo on the side made out of light emitting diodes. It would be the Finalgear LED Zeppelin! :p

^ *Groan*

Ok, as puns go, that was pretty good.

I was thinking gasoline might be good because we could run it on wood alcohol.
And in a pinch we could drink the stuff in the fuel tanks.

/the only thing the house guarantees is that you won't go blind.

Last edited:
Red Alert FTW!!!

The first pic, change the Rock to Rick, and we have liftoff :lol:

This has to be one of the most epic threadjacks in history.

I think the idea fortress for a Zombie outbreak would be a full-size Zeppelin.

How am i supposed to splatter zombies with my lawnmower if i'm in a zeppelin? Use a really long rope?

:thumbup:

Although we still need some sort of wheels for when we go looking for food and women survivors.

Something like this maybe? Except for the snow, it would be the puss ridden intenstines of zombies! And it would be deployable like that moon buggy in Mass Effect!

snow_plow.jpg

And of course, it wouldn't be a dodge ram. :yucky:

Karoug, mower-bombs, drop and let them go in straight line ;)

:lmao: Ever leave a thread for a couple of days and then pop back into it just to see what's been happening? Suffice to say I didn't expect to find a FinalGear Zeppelin...

:thumbup:

Although we still need some sort of wheels for when we go looking for food and women survivors.

Something like this maybe? Except for the snow, it would be the puss ridden intenstines of zombies! And it would be deployable like that moon buggy in Mass Effect!

snow_plow.jpg

And of course, it wouldn't be a dodge ram. :yucky:

If not a dodge ram, then what?

I was thinking something like a Bowler Wildcat, but that has no room in the back for the women we'll rescue... :/

^^ Then a kitted out Defender?

Image45.jpg

Remove the storage in the back for the women, add a lift-ramp on the Zep and you now have a portable land and air config :D

That's cool but to 'open' zombies can get you in that. You need something more closed in.