Maniac ticketed for DWI and aggravated unlicensed operation of a beer cooler

Twerp128

Car(s)
'91 Miata, '09 Street Triple
http://www.kmbc.com/automotive/16559492/detail.html

One New York man's Memorial Day fun ended when police pulled him over while he was driving his motorized cooler.

Leslie J. "Bomber" Marr, 57, was charged with driving while intoxicated and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle after the police saw him swerving on the street and driving on the sidewalk in his "Cruzin Cooler," Whitehall Police Chief Richard LaChapelle told the Post Star newspaper.

Marr's electric-powered cooler was filled with 14 beers and has room for 24 cans and ice, Fox News reported.

Under New York state law, driving any motorized vehicle must be done without alcohol, including motorized coolers. In various states, other modes of transportation in which driving is prohibited while intoxicated include lawnmowers, boats, bicycles, golf carts, wheelchairs and horses.

The "Cruzin Cooler" Web site features talk show host Ellen Degeneres riding a cooler. The site praises the vehicle, saying it "combines two basic necessities of life, the ability to have cold food or a beverage handy along with the means to get somewhere without walking."

According to cruzincooler.com, the motor or electric-powered cooler can go up to 13 mph and has hitches to attach a wagon that can pull a 400-pound load on level surfaces.
:lmao:

I'd love to buy Mr. Bomber a beer! You can't just drive your beer cooler without a liscense!

I want a Cruizin Cooler! Now!

:lol: Classic.

Cruzin' Cooler > Segway

Can you carry a case of cold, refreshing beer while towing 400lbs of backup beer and snacks on your Segway? :p

:lmao: I feel sorry for the guy though.

Under New York state law, driving any motorized vehicle must be done without alcohol, including motorized coolers. In various states, other modes of transportation in which driving is prohibited while intoxicated include lawnmowers, boats, bicycles, golf carts, wheelchairs and horses.
Hmm, when are they going to outlaw walking while intoxicated?

^ or public intoxication.

I want to make one out of a keg. Put it on it's side and just throw a saddle over it.

It's illegal to ride a bicycle while drunk... I wonder if that's true too in Australia.

When I took a Defensive Driving course (yeah, I got a ticket :-( ) The guy teaching it spent a bit of time talking about the law. Apparently the best thing to do if you need transportation and are drunk is to ride a horse, after all, it's not a motor vehicle, so it's not illegal to ride while intoxicated.

Also, the horse will take itself back to the barn even if you are passed out.

I thought the best option was to hail a taxi? You know, 'cause they're a little easier to find than a horse, usually. :p