Opera 9.5

TechZ

Captain Internet
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
Audi TT '08 (Sold) S8 '02 (Sold)
I like it so far, feels fast and lite. Then again Opera always has.

It seems to want to re-download every RSS feed for the past year (and 2007) though and I can't get it to stop!

I don't like there's no more Minimize to Tray (Ctrl+H) and their skins site

http://my.opera.com/community/customize/skins/

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /mitchman2/skins/opera_9_classic_skin-2.zip on this server.

Logging into opera.com doesn't help.

Any other Opera users here?

Did they at least fix the rather annoying rendering issues it'd occasionally have before?

And I can't speak for Opera's speed, but FF3's speed is crazy fast. GMail loads like instantly. Plus, I could never give up Firefox -- I have just too many awesome extensions.

yup

Opera > Firefox.

Mouse command FTMFW!

Did they at least fix the rather annoying rendering issues it'd occasionally have before?

And I can't speak for Opera's speed, but FF3's speed is crazy fast. GMail loads like instantly. Plus, I could never give up Firefox -- I have just too many awesome extensions.

What extensions do you use?

There are about a billion mouse gesture extensions for Firefox. ;)

I use them in firefox too (the most popular one back then), but i think the ones in opera are more forgiving if you screw it up a bit. Which makes using them in opera a lot more pleasant in my experience.

Mouse gestures is the main reason i use Opera, sometimes a website refuses to work, but other than that it works fine.

Oh, I wouldn't know about that. I use side-click on my scrollwheel for forward/back and just click the "New Tab" button to make a tab.

i use opera, and i have some glitches, ok so it's verison 9.2, but sometimes to see youtube videos i have to copy the link and paste it in IE, and sometimes it's rather slow, especially when accesing gamespot.com, probably i'm eaten alive buy computer viruses or something.

There are about a billion mouse gesture extensions for Firefox. ;)

Trust me, I know Opera is the best browser out there. I used to play KOC online, and I tried many different browsers during that time. Opera was by far the best with mouse command, it loaded the pages faster than other browsers, and it uses the least amount of system resources. The shortcuts are more user friendly, thats what really helped me in the game.

Oh yeah, and the ability of flipping through tabs of opened windows, both firefox and the new internet explorer cant do that, Opera works with "1"(previous tab) and "2"(next tab), I prefer the overall manage system.

Been trying it out for the past few hours, and I can say that, usability wise, I quite like it. Still think it looks absolute and total shit in OS X, though, and none of the skins can fix that...
opera.png

Also, the countdowns on the main FG page don't work properly for me... *shrugs*
I agree, except flip Safari and IE.
I don't see what all the hubbub about Safari is. I quite like its speed and minimalist appearance. If a site doesn't load just right, then damn.

+1

the thing i love the most about opera are the in address bar search prefixes. That alone is enough for me to keep using it dispite occasional issues with certain pages.