No 56k: Post Your Desktop!

You computer must be soooo fucking bogged down with shit. How many processes do you have running right now? :lol:

And why not use some subfolders?

Well you see if im to use the Start Menu there are 2 options.

1.Use scroll system and scroll down till you die

2.Don't use scroll system and encounter a probelm like this......

16Jun2008_224044.png

....and 5 Menus are missing :lol:

OMFG, teh definition of pure lag.

I can not imagine how you can live with your pc everyday.

You computer must be soooo fucking bogged down with shit. How many processes do you have running right now? :lol:

And why not use some subfolders?

You see I have all these because ....I have them....uh
When I install something it leads me to install another thing and its like a net now. If I get rid of something im sure everything will collapse.

(Maybe the Photoshop over Paint.Net is a exepction ;) but still doesent hurt me to have both.)
(And the funny thing is the "Programs & Others (E:)" is the hard disk partion where there is most free space :p I guess season 11 is going there :))

Oh and to your question Viper I have 52 Processes running......is it bad? It dosent sound like much but I never paid much attention to it.

17Jun2008_010927.png

Im loving my auto save print screen application :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMFG, teh definition of pure lag.

I can not imagine how you can live with your pc everyday.

No no no. There is no lag at all. Its all working really fine.....amazing isnt it? Maybe now Mac has something to think about (OH and lets not go into Windows vs Mac Wars ok? I was just mentioning)

Last edited:
When I install something it leads me to install another thing and its like a net now. If I get rid of something im sure everything will collapse.

(Maybe the Photoshop over Paint.Net is a exepction ;) but still doesent hurt me to have both.)
(And the funny thing is the "Programs & Others (E:)" is the hard disk partion where there is most free space :p I guess season 11 is going there :))

Oh and to your question Viper I have 52 Processes running......is it bad? It dosent sound like much but I never paid much attention to it.

17Jun2008_010927.png

Im loving my auto save print screen application :p

That's a terrible process tree you got there:|:blink::lol:. I've got about 5~6 process running on my laptop at the moment.

The main PC back at home has about 7 process running in the background after booting into Vista.

I've got about 5~6 process running on my laptop at the moment.

How is that possible? Windows alone is like 12. :blink:

I'm running 84 currently, but I'm on Vista.

That's a terrible process tree you got there:|:blink::lol:. I've got about 5~6 process running on my laptop at the moment.

The main PC back at home has about 7 process running in the background after booting into Vista.

5....6?? :? Danm

Now thats im happy with :)
And you are Running Vista so I guess 52 is reasonnable.
Anyway im going to sleep, sooo tired plus 11 to 20 posts in one day....thats enough to be spam (Hope its not ;)

I'm running 61 on Vista.

I have 82 processes running on XP, and I have a 1.7GHz notebook computer :?
https://pic.armedcats.net/f/fd/fdaihatsu/2008/06/17/Untitled-1.jpg

^ No wonder you have computer problems so frequently. :p

No offense, but some people just don't know how to keep their computer operating nicely. I know so many people who don't know how to properly uninstall a program from Windows, and they complain that their computers slow down and become buggy.

Do yourself a favour and omit any of those processes you don't need. Go to Start Menu, click on Run and type in msconfig. When it comes up go to the relevant tab, type each of those entries into Google and see if you really need to have them running. Chances are about half of what's in there is useless and is slowing down your PC both in startup time and running stuff.

Do yourself a favour and omit any of those processes you don't need. Go to Start Menu, click on Run and type in msconfig. When it comes up go to the relevant tab, type each of those entries into Google and see if you really need to have them running. Chances are about half of what's in there is useless and is slowing down your PC both in startup time and running stuff.
Or just buy a mac and save yourself the hassle.:?

please don't flame me

OK before a war kicks off (I use both Windows and Mac so am neutral) here is my work desktop.

mydesktop.jpg

The applications you can see in the bottom bar are Web Publisher (CMS we use for putting feature stories online), Outlook, Photoshop 7, WS_FTP Pro, Firefox, CPS (BBC News & Sport Content Production System), RealProducer Plus and finally ENPS (industry standard app for writing, researching stories and creating radio/tv running orders/scripts).

Mine.

Iit's causing my OCD to act up just looking at it.
Hahahahhahah, so true! I immediately went through my folders to check for any tagging imperfections.

Just admit it, you don't know how to uninstall programs. :p

The least I manged to have on XP was I think 15 or 16. And that was without printer service and theme service. I
think you can't go below 13 or 14. BTW, I installed Vista too now (It's awesome) and yeah, it does run a lot more
shit by default doesn't it? Not used to it at all. I'm at 40 processes now. Twice what I'm used to.

P.S. Does this post look normal on your side? I think I trimmed enough of the post for it to look even.

Mine.

Hahahahhahah, so true! I immediately went through my folders to check for any tagging imperfections.

Just admit it, you don't know how to uninstall programs. :p

Of course I do <_<. And properly, I don't need to install programs to get rid of it also.

The least I manged to have on XP was I think 15 or 16. And that was without printer service and theme service. I
think you can't go below 13 or 14. BTW, I installed Vista too now (It's awesome) and yeah, it does run a lot more
shit by default doesn't it? Not used to it at all. I'm at 40 processes now. Twice what I'm used to.

P.S. Does this post look normal on your side? I think I trimmed enough of the post for it to look even.

So 52 is fine eh?
For my PC at leaset :lol:

Well after a while you guys got me fed up ;)
Now how do you like it? (I cant live without my dock though)
You won't belive how long it took me to do this...my poor hand sticll paining from clicking.....2 clicks :lol:
18Jun2008_102135.png

Last edited:
So now this car is the Kids WALLPAPER not the poster entire WALLPAPER...get it? Wallpaper.........;)

And this is coming from the guy who has Monopoly on his desktop... :D

http://img204.imageshack.**/img204/4663/49312139wp5.jpg

And this is coming from the guy who has Monopoly on his desktop... :D

I mean the countach is a great car for having it in a poster right?
So I meant it as a Wallpaper (like for the whole room) yeah it was a bad pun :mrgreen:

And come on whats wrong with Monopoly :) Its a fun game. <_< plus I saw someone also had Monopoly

Im running Vista and after shutting down around 7 or 8 unwanted services I got it down to 40 processes. But even if I run iTunes and firfox im back to around 50...Vista handles it very well though...The PC actually runs very smoothly and I hardly ever get any errors.