Random Thoughts....

urgh, fuck you australia post. A different parcel from the one mentioned (sent from my dad in the US) hasn't arrived even though it was sent express from the states. Using there online tracker it says that the addressee wasn't available at the time of delivery (twice in fact it says that) I call them up and say bullshit blah blah blah I was home the entire time then they suggest that my dad might of got the address wrong aparantly i'd be surprised how often that happens. Yeah I would be surprised that someone who has been living at this address for nearly 15 years forgets where they live.

10 minutes ago I get a call from Australia post saying "our driver had van problem" my reponse "not my problem, it shouldn't have said addressee not available" "but but but" me "not my problem, refund the money to the poster as it took longer than 5 days"

http://img443.imageshack.**/img443/9247/2521820hand20cleanermg1.jpg

Remember kids, it's not a real hand soap unless it's got little rocks in it. ;)

you'd be surprised how effective sand is at cleaning :p

If you've ever seen them do sand blasting on pipelines (once (for some reason) we were tagged along to one of dad's work conferances they gave a demonstration of how effective sand blasting is, basically it touchs paint and it's totally stripped)

^ I've heard sand works wonders for engines if you suck it through the intake manifold.

You know you're a man when:

You spray your hands down with engine degreaser instead of going inside to wash up when you need to go get a part.

A REAL man doesn't clean up at all...

^ I've heard sand works wonders for engines if you suck it through the intake manifold.

A friend of mine did that once, only it was a Honda instead of an Audi, so nothing happened. :p

He also didn't dump a 50 lb bag of sand into it, just a little, poured in through the spark plug holes. If you're wondering, he was trying to blow the engine.

I don't know if anybody else will find this entertaining, but i just saw this commercial, and the first 8 seconds of it made me want to build a coal fired power just to be awesome. I know thats not the message, but it just makes pollution look so cool.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9hG0fmLwH0[/YOUTUBE]

Woah check out :20 into the video. Is that a UAW worker actually working?? Shouldn't she be on strike demanding another $25/hour and better dental coverage?

Something's not right at all...

A REAL man doesn't clean up at all...

I didn't want grease on my steering wheel! A real man would never do that to his car.

I just pulled an awesome bodge-job. I found one of the side panels on my new bike was cracked. It's not even in a spot you can see, but I was worried about it going that last .25 inches and separating a long thin piece from the top of the panel.

I got some plastic epoxy and mixed it with graphite so it matches the color of the plastic, should anyone catch a glimpse. I put down a layer on the back of the panel, then laid down a layer of fiberglass cloth then another layer of graphite and epoxy. It's curing right now, but I think it's a pretty solid repair. You can certainly tell from the back of the panel it has been fixed, but you can hardly see the crack from the front and there's no way you will notice it when it's under the seat.

I feel pretty good about the fix, I don't think the crack will get worse.

Subway busker strips for shocked commuters

By staff writers June 18, 2008 01:17pm

TRAVELLERS in Bucharest came face to flesh with an extreme form of busking ? a woman stripping for cash while pole dancing on a subway train.

Shocked commuters were subjected to a saucy striptease with the woman stripping down to her underwear, before asking the packed train for money, reports BalkanInsight.com.

One traveller managed to record the sexy strip on a phone camera, and has posted the footage on the UGC video website LiveLeak.

The video shows the performer slipping out of a tiny dress and then her underwear to music from the popular British film The Full Monty, played on portable CD player. She then slides around a pole in the centre of the busy train in front of bemused commuters, before passing around a KFC container for passengers to show their appreciation.

While some commuters happily paid for the entertainment, others have condemned the stripping, describing the act as "not proper."

Authorities say the reason the woman has not been caught is because she performs the striptease on trains without guards, or closed-circuit television systems.

Police have been notified and have described the stripper as an attractive, student-looking woman.

Source

This needs to catch on!

I'd be all for public transit if something like that was made madatory.

Speaking of motorcycle bodge jobs, I did a pretty nice one myself. The right hand side cover was missing when I got the bike and they're notoriously hard to come by. As luck has it the left side covers are a dime a dozen but I haven't found one for the right side for less than $50. My solution? A can of semi-gloss black skillfully applied to the side of the battery. Oooh yeah. :cool:

^ how very Rat Ride of you

Hah I didn't think of it that way. That makes it even cooler! Or it makes me look like a cheapskate. Either way I think it looks much much better.

Before:
http://img247.imageshack.**/img247/3456/motorbike028bw0.jpg

After (+saddlebags -sissy bar & duct tapespecial seat cover):
http://img246.imageshack.**/img246/8209/picture024we1.jpg

It does look better. I guess it would be even more Rat of you if you just sprayed it while it was still in the bike (and didn't mask off anything).

I didn't want grease on my steering wheel! A real man would never do that to his car.

A real man don't care that much about his daily driver, That's the significant others problem.... He has something special in the garage...