I need you advice, NOW

Ottobon

Car(s)
2 Rust buckets and a confused 1999 American.
Don't worry, nothing important, but i turned 21 in about 2 minutes ago, and i'm trying to think of what to buy myself. I kind of want something exotic, or atleast interesting. Nothing fruity though, unless its grapes/wine. Is bubbly wine to poncy or should i just go for it? Will a coffee liqueur keep me up at night? And what type of beer would Odouls be if it wasn't non-alcoholic?

dude, 21. Just get wasted. If you GOTTA be exotic, just find somethin with words you don't understand on the front, perhaps ones that ARENT French

Just have a rum and coke and call it a night. Being able to buy beer is nice and all, but it's overrated.

Just have a rum and coke and call it a night. Being able to buy beer is nice and all, but it's overrated.

Though there ARE times in restaurants where I'd kill everything for a beer with the steak or burger or whatever i was having

Keystone_Light_Can_White_Shirt.jpg

When you absolutely, positively, have to kill every single brain cell in your head, accept no substitute.

And you turned 21...why are you on a forum? Why aren't you in a seedy bar with your friends yelling at the patrons about how much you're not afraid of the fucking cops?

Hehehhee, I remember my 21st birthday... mostly. My uncle's band had a gig at a bar and most of my family showed up, including my cousin who made it his mission to get me good and wasted. My uncle made it a point to announce every now and then over the mic that it was my 21st birthday so everyone in the place knew.

And people kept buying me drinks. I'd finish one and before I could set the glass back down someone would plop another one infront of me.

"Thanks but I..."
"Drink it! I spent $5 on that shot, you're drinking it!"
"Ok!" Gulp

The final tally as I remember it was 6 long neck beers, 4 or 5 shots of JD, 4 shots of Irish Whisky, 5 jumbo shots of kamakazi, 1 shot of tequila. There probably was a bit more but I don't remember. I walked out of that bar on my own two legs as the entire place shouted "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!". I didn't pass out, I never puked, and I didn't have a hangover. I was just really tired the next day. My cousin on the other hand had to crawl up his driveway.

After that I didn't drink more than half a beer for about 6 months.

Though there ARE times in restaurants where I'd kill everything for a beer with the steak or burger or whatever i was having
Oh for sure. Being able to enjoy an alcoholic drink with a meal is incredibly nice, but getting shitfaced is overrated IMO.

Then again, drunkest I've gotten is 4 beers.

I can't help you because my 21st birthday was non-eventful. I was in a foreign country, away from my family and friends, and nobody wished my a happy birthday. Oh, and I don't drink.

Love the stories guys! if i have a celebration its going to be late though as all of my friends are either bearly in touch or work 12 hours a day, and ontop of that my immediate family is full of people who probably never drink more then twice a day.

oh, and woofle wins, I'm going out to find something with a label that i can't read or understand. Preferably cold, if that fails i'm getting something fizzy simply because i already know i love sparkling grape juice, so why not make add some fermentation?

Last edited:
Turning of age is overrated, IMO. I turned of age when I became 19. Didn't drink myself under the table then... and I'm not necessarily a light drinker. But hey....

Underage drinking FTW.

I was wondering what you guys were on about then I remembered the 21 thing :p (16 for our mainland euro's :p)

Boy, am I the wrong one to ask. The first time I got really shit-faced it was by finishing a bottle of Danzka vodka by myself. By the time I got to the bottom I couldn't taste it any more so it was like a glass of vodka with a splash of OJ for flavor. At least that's what I'm told by someone who tried to steal a sip late in the evening.

Speaking of which, I can't find it anywhere anymore. If someone manages to find some and is willing to pick me up a couple bottles I will pay you for the liquor and shipping. :)

Boy, am I the wrong one to ask. The first time I got really shit-faced it was by finishing a bottle of Danzka vodka by myself. By the time I got to the bottom I couldn't taste it any more so it was like a glass of vodka with a splash of OJ for flavor. At least that's what I'm told by someone who tried to steal a sip late in the evening.

Speaking of which, I can't find it anywhere anymore. If someone manages to find some and is willing to pick me up a couple bottles I will pay you for the liquor and shipping. :)

I would check for you mate (i'm fairly sure i've seen it) but it would be prohibitively expensive. Have you tried specks? (or is that a TX chain?)

You can try to find Absinthe, but very few liqour stores sell it in the states. It's a really tasty beverage!

This is one of the advantages with having a monopoly system I guess... If they don't have it, they have to get it for you...

You can try to find Absinthe, but very few liqour stores sell it in the states. It's a really tasty beverage!

Far as I know, Absinthe is totally illegal here in the states, so I'd be shocked it any store had it. I think to get some you need to know someone who knows someone who knows someone who can smuggle a bottle out of the UK.

Last edited:
I found this.. Klikk
One should not be forced to live without Absinthe...