Union leader urges Americans not to buy Japanese vehicles, invokes Pearl Harbour

LOL and Epic fail.

any company that says buy our crap because it's not .... is failing at marketing. Badly

LOL and Epic fail.

any company that says buy our crap because it's not .... is failing at marketing. Badly

The thing is here, it's not a company that is saying this. GM would not be so stupid to go on record saying "Buy our cars because them Japanese people were responsible for Pearl Harbor!"

This was a Union leader saying this. The reason why he's saying it, is because he wants to scare people into buying American, rather than try and motivate the auto unions into doing their jobs. A union could get people to buy their products by making a superior built car, but the UAW in particular are a bunch of lazy assholes who could care less about putting a car together correctly, and would rather piss in your car and call you a commie for buying anything else than to actually do their jobs and build you a car to be proud of.

I just meant to say that scaring people into buying something, anything simply does. not. work.

pretty simple really, make better cars than the japs for a good price and people will buy. make shit, then dont be suprised when people spend their hard earned else where

why do these guys not understand that?

According to the inside of the door panel, my japanese car was built in kentucky and my american car was built in canada...

If people stopped buying "Honduhs" then Ohio's economy would go in the shitter. While yes, Toledo is GM / Ford / Chrysler nation when it comes to automotive assembly, Marysville is the assembly plant for all of the Honda Accords and Acura TLs in this country. Around that area, there are smaller Japanese companies, that hire American workers, to assemble bits of the engine, interior, and other aspects of the car. Most of the Civics sold here (which out-sells the F-150 now) are built in Ohio (Si and Hybrid might be the only exceptions). Several Toyota models are built in this country. BMWs are built in North Carolina. Hyundai has that big plant in Georgia.

Sure, there is the fact that some of the money that you spend on your "foreign" car does go back to the home office. That's just business, but I argue that it's more important to the US economy to buy a car assembled in America than it is to buy a car who's world headquarters is in America.

However, like previously mentioned. I don't want a shit car. I don't care where it's assembled, b/c we live in a global economy. I will buy, with my hard-earned money, what I want. And I don't want a flaming pile of poo.

I agree, it may be a tie breaker having taken into account about twenty other considerations but that is about it really - in my case that would mean a Honda, Toyota or a Nissan and then only a few models, and I would usually be unaware of where my proposed purchase was made unless I researched it.

According to the inside of the door panel, my japanese car was built in kentucky and my american car was built in canada...

My Nissan was built in Tennessee and my friends dodge was built in Mexico. My parents Toyota pick-up was built in California, the guy who bitched me out for driving a japanese car drove a Ford Fusion built in Mexico.

Of course those guys will still say shit like "But the profits still leave the country." And my response is simply that "then I'm supporting exactly who I want to, local labor and capitalism at it's best"

Wow, I have rare cars then. TWO American cars built in America. Jeep was built it Toledo, Ohio and F150 in Missouri.