Random Thoughts....

It is all one big circle:

Coldplay ripped off elements of Oasis.
Oasis ripped off elements The Stone Roses.
The Stone Roses ripped off elements of The Beatles.

If you like good piano rock bands, check out Keane.

Fact: there are microwaveable pretzels on sale.

Fact: they can also be heated in the oven.

Fact: The microwaving time is 30 seconds. The oven baking time is 3-4 minutes.

Fact: The instructions for the oven are listed first on the box.

I think you can figure out what happened next...

dwight_schrute.jpg

Finished "Planet Hulk" and "World War Hulk". Much better than that "Civil War" POS.

It's 2am and 23 degrees (C!). I've spent the day melting in 30-degree heat (I'm from Scotland, i'm not used to heat) and I can't for the life of me sleep.

I may have to have my desk fan running all night and pointed at me.

Get air con for the win - I got a B&Q one, best thing I ever did. When its stifling hot the only way for a sleep - noisy tho'.

It's 2am and 23 degrees (C!). I've spent the day melting in 30-degree heat (I'm from Scotland, i'm not used to heat) and I can't for the life of me sleep.

I may have to have my desk fan running all night and pointed at me.

It's been 32C here since the morning and has gotten up to about 38C. Weird part is that it rained for a few minutes at about 35C.

Well i'm in Canberra now...

for

a week and a half

Because of the aforementioned flat that the BMW got (nobody keeps the tyres in stock.... wow runflats are useful - also you can't actually drive on them when they've been totally compromised as is the case with the screw through the tyre) we took the commodore and managed 7.9L/100km or about 30mpg with melbourne traffic being retarded at the start and canberra just being retarded at the end.

Can't wait for the new series of top gear! Very excited.

Get air con for the win - I got a B&Q one, best thing I ever did. When its stifling hot the only way for a sleep - noisy tho'.

Can't afford it, for one, and for two I'm in a rented flat and I'm fairly sure the landlord wouldn't like it. Oh, and for three it probably wouldn't fit.

I can dream though. I guess I'll try the desk fan pointed at the bed, earplugs and the windows wide open.

It's been 32C here since the morning and has gotten up to about 38C. Weird part is that it rained for a few minutes at about 35C.

Heh, I knew someone would have it worse off than me. I'm not saying it's boiling here, it just feels it to me (used to cold Scotland). No doubt you'd find it a bit chilly here at the moment. Tomorrow's forecast to be 33 degrees (ouch).

I just picked up Le Mans from Blockbuster. That's one movie to tick off my list-of-car-movies-I-need-to-see-before-I-die-or-vapid-hippies-illegaliserize-them.

Le Mans and Top Gear... :tvhappy:

Although that is somewhat deadened by the fact that I just found that IDT Simulations has put all their upcoming rFactor mods on hold. All thanks to someone leaking a mod.

Last edited:
Anyone know if it takes a longer time for a text message to go 5 states away then it would to go to someone across the same city?

for

a week and a half

Because of the aforementioned flat that the BMW got (nobody keeps the tyres in stock.... wow runflats are useful - also you can't actually drive on them when they've been totally compromised as is the case with the screw through the tyre) we took the commodore and managed 7.9L/100km or about 30mpg with melbourne traffic being retarded at the start and canberra just being retarded at the end.

Couldn't you just switch back to regular tyres? Or does BMW put some weird lock on it than doesn't let you use regular tyres.

for

a week and a half

HA!!!!! Canberra FTL.

I went to a gig last night, The Presets. Wow. Best gig I've ever been to, it was phenomenal!

[YOUTUBE]M1ufW2INWmM[/YOUTUBE]

And on the way home from my girlfriend's this morning it was raining quite heavily and this car turned out of a side street in front of me and just put their foot down and proceeded to do a quite well controlled oversteer then correct it, then they planted their foot down again and the rear of the car started squirming around. Of course this was all clearly on purpose and not just a loss of control.

Turns out the car behind me was an unmarked cop car. Fucking pwned, I can't begin to imagine the size of the fine the guy will get.

Anyone know if it takes a longer time for a text message to go 5 states away then it would to go to someone across the same city?

Doesn't usually take that long

Couldn't you just switch back to regular tyres? Or does BMW put some weird lock on it than doesn't let you use regular tyres.

You can but you'd probably have to replace all 4's and given they're selling the car in a couple of weeks not much point.

Besides the Commodore is more comfortable anyway and makes a better highway cruiser

Just came back from Connecticut a few minutes ago, and I gotta say: I used to think MA drivers were bad, but holy shit, you CT drivers are effin' terrible!

That blue CT license plate instills so much fear in me. You guys either plow down the center at 28 billion miles an hour, ride 5 nanometers off my bumper, then scream into the left lane with gusto...or you ride the left lane only 5 miles over the limit while everybody around brake dances themselves and flips you off with both hands. I've seen squids on GSX-Rs come close enough to my bumper to reach out and grab an exhaust pipe, I've also seen delivery trucks swerving in and out of heavy traffic at 90+mph. One of them nearly ran me off the road once, didn't even see me all the way down there. :blink:

Like I explained to my friend, CT folks may be intelligent, articulate, eloquent, and well-educated...then they get behind the wheel of a 2-ton machine and become blithering fucksticks. :dunno: