2008 French Formula 1 Grand Prix

1) Who will take Pole and who will win the Race?
2) Who do you think will be on top of the World Drivers? Championship after the French GP?
3) In the Constructors Championship Red Bull are 4th (21pts), Toyota 5th (17pts) and Williams 6th (15pts), where will they stand after the French GP?
4) What lap will the fastest lap be set on and by who?
5) It is Bourdais home Grand Prix, will he celebrate it by finishing in the points?
6) In the past two Grand Prix someone has been rear ended, will it happen again, if so, who will rear end who?
7) What will the hot topic be for the Hamilton bitch session?

1) Kubica, Massa
2) Kubica
3) Same
4) 32, Kimi
5) Ha ha ha, what?
6) After another amazing run, Sutil will be taken out by Hamilton.
7) Hamilton taking out Sutil.

Really though, seeing rain, and after seeing Monaco, I think that Sutil will probably get a good run in, so long as his car holds up.

And it sucks that Fox is airing this, not that they suck (they use Speed's crew), but that I can't watch the race live.

Looking at qualifying, things look just about as panned out as I thought they would except for the BMW's. Kubi pulled a lap out of his ass at the end. I think both bimmers will be a lot better in the race, I'll go out on a limb again and say they compromised their setup expecting some rain tomorrow.

Hamilton really botched up his lap, and he's really going to struggle to get points tomorrow, but I am sure he can do it unless he runs himself into trouble.

Seems to be easy 1-2 to Ferraris... as long as there's no drama.
BMW was really crappy here :|
Btw Kovi got 5 place penalty.

Toyota were surprisingly good. Ferrari are unexpectantly the dominant force but Alonso is looking on for the final spot on the podium. BMW and McLaren were nowhere. I didn't see too much of the BMW's but from what I saw, Heidfeld was definitely struggling with poor balance. The McLarens just looked slow today and their efforts are compromised with grid penalties for both drivers. It looked to me as if Heikki made every effort to get out of the way there, but where exactly was he supposed to go? They'll be praying for rain otherwise it'll be a struggle for points.

Last edited:
Looks like a clear 1-2 for Ferrari, I really hope Alonso can stand on the podium but somehow I doubt it.
BMW... :(
Good quali for Toyota, both car in the top 10, Trulli starting from 4th.
I wonder what Lewis can do tomorrow, but I guess he'll be happy if it rains. I'd be happy too :D

The McLaren's aren't slow, Heikki was filled to the brim and Lewis screwed up his lap. Ferrari's dominance is expected; they /ALWAYS/ do well in France. I think BMW will be faster in the race, but they were underwhelming in quallies.

Toyota were surprisingly good. Ferrari are unexpectantly the dominant force but Alonso is looking on for the final spot on the podium. BMW and McLaren were nowhere. I didn't see too much of the BMW's but from what I saw, Heidfeld was definitely struggling with poor balance. The McLarens just looked slow today and their efforts are compromised with grid penalties for both drivers. It looked to me as if Heikki made every effort to get out of the way there, but where exactly was he supposed to go? They'll be praying for rain otherwise it'll be a struggle for points.

I was thinking the same with Kovalainen. He just happened to be in wrong place in a wrong time.. or was he supposed to go off road there?

I dont really feel safe at all that Kimi will win it easy(being Kimi fan) because of the silly mistakes all these top drivers have been making this season.
When Kimi was in McLaren it was just matter of time when the engine blowed up. Now it's just matter of time when Kimi makes silly error or someone else makes silly error and crash both of them out of the race :D

GP2 is on right now, and the track is damp, drying rapidly. So if there's no more rain, F1 will be dry, but they're still predicting showers...

Kimi Report:
Raikkonen very slow in the middle of the race, because of a broken exhaust pipe. So he is losing power from that Ferrari engine.

well done to massa

he was very quick during the hole weekend and showed it today in the race but i think he only won it bc of wat happened to kimmi's exhaust

i felt for kimmi and hes exhaust issue but he managed to make it 11 secs infront of trulli

wow very impressed with trulli holding off heikki

those 2 had a mad race at the end

lol piquet passing alsono was great to see hahaha

i dont think lewis should of got the drive threw but yeh thats the way it goes i guess with the FIA

i think he would of finished around 6th or 7th anyways bc he had one very ugly race today

abit more rain at the end would of been interesting

ITV commentators just drove me nuts with lewis this and lewis that at the start

btw why is button even in F1? haha only driver to DNF

Dull race at the front, but that was to be expected. Very unfortunate for Kimi - he'd have won if not for the exhaust. Hamilton's penalty was harsh I thought - looked like he'd made the pass and then made the mistake, very close call - thought the benefit of the doubt should've gone in Lewis' (or any other driver in that situation) favour. The highlight? Piquet getting Alonso - I've been waiting all season for that, and it was as satisfying as I thought it would be.

Congratulations to Massa, the race would've have been Raikkonen's if his exhaust didn't fail, good to see Raikkonen was able to make it to the finish though. I also thought Hamilton's penalty was harsh, he made the pass on Vettel I thought. Didn't expect to see Trulli on the podium, the battle he had with Heikki towards the end of the race was great to watch, I was hoping Heikki would pass him.

It made my day seeing Piquet Jr. pass Alonso, glad he finally had a solid race and finished in the points. Hopefully this is the turning point in the season for him.

Looked to me as if Hamilton had made the pass, then ran wide, but it was difficult to say and for that reason alone he should not have been penalised. Just like Kovalainen shouldn't have been penalised yesterday. It really does seem as if the stewards have something against McLaren and their drivers but there, what can ya do. Very impressive drive from Heikki though, fourth is a great result from so far back on the grid and very hairy stuff into that chicane as well! I have nothing more to say about Hamilton's race.

Great drive by Massa, and Raikkonen was very fortunate to finish there but I'm sure he'll take 2nd place after the poor run he's had lately. Good for Trulli to get 3rd, I picked him for the podium and he did a very good job. Kubica drove well to salvage something out of that race, the sort of drive that nets you a championship tbh. Heidfeld was rubbish, as usual. Also, good to see Webber score more points and Piquet did his job as he was supposed to which was to finish the race. He was always on for points if he did that, so no surprises there.

Oh also, why wasn't Raikkonen stopped for his exhaust. It seemed to me that to have that thing flapping about posed a considerable threat to the other drivers. He should've been shown the black and orange flag, or at very leat have one of the mechanics pull it off at the pit stop.

Last edited: