Euro 2008

x2 :)

Incredible, we went past the quarter finals. Now I believe we can do something great. Beware Russia!! :)

Well it seems we finally got past quarter finals after a long time! Italy did a pretty good game but Spain deserved to win. Even tough it was difficult to get past the Italian defense we had some good opportunities to score.

And even though he plays for Real Madrid (of course I'm a Barcelona fan) Casillas deserves a big :clap: for his work at the penalites.

Now it's Russia's turn. I hope we do get to play as good as we did at the beginning of the Euro 08.

Really hate the italian team. Bloody whiners and autocratic idiots. I think germany is going to win against turkey. Don't wanna know what happens here in germany then... This game is like Germany vs Germany. Russia will win against Spain. So I think it'll be Germany - Russia in the finals. Dunno who's going to win there. Russia is very very strong and I like the team a lot. Some players of the german team seem a bit snotty from time to time..

the italians have actually been showing us some exceptionally efficient football lately. They just play in a very boring fashion, but manage to really maximise their profit out of the situations where they get lucky... and crying like little girls about everything is a very italian thing :D

anyway, forget about Holland, since the world cup 2006 Italy is our new football arch nemesis as far as I?m concerned, and that?s even though some of my best friends are italian...

:lol: Why would I be jealous? They are a bunch of crybabies that take dives and try to drag every game to penalties because thats all that they are good at. They dont play and dont let their opponent play resulting in boring 2 hour games. And I HATE them for always falling down for no reason and then bitching about it. Remember when they played against Australia and got couldnt beat the Aussies so one of the Italians fell down in front of the goal and started bawling his eyes out?
Don't get me wrong, I love everything else about Italy. Its just that I hate their football team with passion.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match over this but, Spain had several dives themselves today where they were trying to sell them for PKs. I've seen several other countries dive over the course of the tournament as well, it happens. Italy does it to a certain extent I'll admit but so do many other players as in this day and age it has become a part of strategy. If a game gets dragged out, it gets dragged out. Blaming Italy for such things is dumb, the sport itself is pretty unpredictable and any football fan knows this.

damn everywhere I go all I see is hate of the Italian team, hate of the Serie A, hate of Italian this, hate of Italian that... its gotten ridiculous

even the commentators out here hate Italy, when the world cup was on I had to watch the games on the spanish channels just so I didn't have to listen to the constant bullshit against italy.

the world has constant green eyes of envy upon us!

Two times in this match alone, Spanish players slipped, never claimed they were fouled, and were punished for it by the (idiotic) referee. Apart from that, I saw just a handful of bad actions from the Spaniards, while the Italians did it constantly and all over the place.

Last edited:
Finally something to celebrate. ESPANA!

The Italians really play dirty. I know they were playing with a strong defense, but I still think Spain could have attacked more in the first half. There were some missed opportunities, took too many shots from distance...and I think Silva especially has some work to do before the game against Russia.

And don't flatter yourself - no one is jealous of that whiny girlie team

Except for their ability to win world titles...

come on guys, I know what I said before and I totally mean it, but give the italians a break, I actually felt a bit sorry for the fans when I saw the tv pictures from italy...

I can't feel sorry for them. Everytime Italy comes on the pitch you'll know that it will be tedious grind type of match. Yes it's effective but it also destoys the viewing expirience. This night the football viewer won IMO.

Except for their ability to win world titles...

Do they win all the time? Do they even have the most wins? And they've won the european cup once... good for them. Should I be jealous of Germany, France, Brazil, and numerous other teams, as well?

Moving onto the next matches. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd rather see a Germany v Spain final or a Russia v Turkey final. Even though Spain is my favorite team, I believe those would be the better matchups.

Ha, I totally agree with the referee comment, what a freaking nazi.....

And btw boys, Argentina is ranked number one in the world, despite the lack of titles....

again, some luck paired with the ability to use it appropriately, chance favours the prepared mind or something like that ;)

oh yah definitely some luck thrown in there. :mrgreen:

I myself respect all teams except for France.

And btw boys, Argentina is ranked number one in the world, despite the lack of titles....

Rankings are totally whack. I take the FIFA rankings with a grain of salt.

LeVeL said:
Do they win all the time? Do they even have the most wins? And they've won the european cup once... good for them. Should I be jealous of Germany, France, Brazil, and numerous other teams, as well?

If you want to be...

Obviously you are blind if you think Italy is a bad team and there is no point in arguing with you on why they aren't. I tell this to every Italy hater I know (which is pretty much everyone I know except for my family and cousins): don't hate the player, hate the game.

Christiano Ronaldo dives more than the entire Italian team combined.

Anyways, that was one really really tough game, it really was just a chess match wasn't it? There are only a few goalkeepers (Buffon included) who could have saved that double whammy effort that ended with Cameronesi's strike. My heart stopped for a second there, complete madness.

This is the second game in a row where Torres has been subbed out when he didn't want to be. Sucks :\, I'd really like to see him actually ON THE FIELD when they win a game... ugh.

Anyways, after the Holland heartbreak (I love how Russia played, and was rooting for them as well because of the quality they showed) Germany and Spain were my only two picks left. With Germany showing up and down performance, as well as them being my third choice of picks, I'm really hoping Spain can win, they have a tougher back line than Holland did, and, really, nothing gets past Carles Puyol :).

Show us some fireworks Torres :D

That seriously was the most boring match of this competition.

If Spain plays like that, Russia will obliterate them. :D