Funny Hammond Article

La Chaton

Not A Dude
Car(s)
Umm.. the imaginary one in my mind
Not sure if this belongs here or in the off-topic area, so sorry if this is the wrong place.

I found this article amusing, and think many people could probably relate.
Original site: http://www.dollymix.tv/2007/11/hold_me_closer_tiny_hamster_my.html

"Hold me closer tiny Hamster" - my shameful crush on Richard Hammond

Because I lived in America for about 20 years, I had never heard of Richard Hammond or Top Gear until I moved to London. I'd occasionally hear his name thrown around here and there and the sporadic mention of, "MATE! Did you see Top Gear last night!? It was proper wicked, huh? HUH?" But alas, I just figured it was some blokey show with lame jokes, ugly cars and surgically enhanced blonds using power tools for no apparent reason. My assumption as to what Top Gear was about even further *proved* when I found out its repeats would be shown over and over again on Dave, the channel that's supposed to be for guys.

However, when I saw Richard Hammond on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross a few months back, I have to admit, I found something rather charming about him. Whether it was the way he used molding wax to strategically texturize his hair, or the mischievous glint in his eye - I knew there was something special about that fellow they call Hamster. I was surprised to learn he partook in that Top Gear show, but I thought if someone like him could love it, then maybe, just maybe, I could, too.

I slowly but surely started to catch up on old Top Gear episodes while working from home, and when Most Haunted dropped off Virgin's "On Demand" service as I suddenly had nothing *good* to watch on TV while I ate dinner. The episodes made me laugh but I was only half paying attention...that is until I watched the episode where Jeremy, James and My Wittle Hammy -uh, I mean - Richard turned cars into boats and tried to cross the English Channel. I laughed. I cried. And sadly, I can remember when it was that I fell in TV love with Richard. (At about 1:02 in to the clip. Yes. I know the exact time.)

[Video Unavailable]

From that moment on, Richard and I became pretty serious, and I began to see him practically every night. (Sometimes twice.) Yes, I realize he's married, but then again so am I, and Mindy Hammond and my husband are totally cool with this. They know it's strictly platonic and that really, if I were to ever meet Richard in real life, I would just want to pick him up and cuddle him like a new born kitten. I think most Hamster Fans will agree that it's not a lusty/perverted crush we have on him, it's just that he has big, doe-like brown eyes and is potentially small enough to carry around in a Louis Vuitton dog carrier.

This crush makes me feel a bit dirty, as I would never want to be accused of watching Top Gear just to get a bit of Hammond action. I don't just watch the show for him, but I have to admit I don't really watch it drool over the cars either. I just think it's a kick ass bit of television. Between the stupid challenges, Jeremy's annoying sexist-yet-funny jokes, and The Stig riding the Tube last week, it's quality television. It is.

I'm just going to guess that this crush will simply blow over like the crush I had on (a now gay) Neil Patrick Harris from Doogie Howser, MD when I was four. Or, it won't, and I'll be stuck in this horrible state of unrequited cuddling that is my crush on Richard Hammond for all time. Pray for me.

When I first realized how awesome Hammond was (although I don't think I can say I love him quite like that) was during the Africa ep, I think when Jeremy crashed into him from behind, and they way he reacted because he had hit Oliver. C:

OMG :blink:

I found this article amusing, and think many people could probably relate.

God, I hope not many people on this forum can... ;)

^ Good point. :p

Looks like she's found her special happy place.
Lolz, I don't know, I've never used anything like that site before so I checked it out and had to sign up but I'm still awaiting approval.

Please, La Chaton - if you want to keep posting here with dignity, save all the gushing for HH ;)

For the people who diss HH - it's actually a good source of information and up to date photographs. You just need to choose the threads you open wisely.

Please, La Chaton - if you want to keep posting here with dignity, save all the gushing for HH ;)

For the people who diss HH - it's actually a good source of information and up to date photographs. You just need to choose the threads you open wisely.

I was looking at HH yesterday (yeah, I'm a bloke, so what?) and one of the Hammond Heaven ladies seems to have stormed off in a huff, deleting her account in the process. Not sure what the whole story was, but it was bloody funny. :lol:

Women: they are all completely and utterly mad I tell you - mad! ;)

Hails a rather large huff and storms off in it...

I was looking at HH yesterday (yeah, I'm a bloke, so what?) and one of the Hammond Heaven ladies seems to have stormed off in a huff, deleting her account in the process. Not sure what the whole story was, but it was bloody funny. :lol:

Women: they are all completely and utterly mad I tell you - mad! ;)

Hails a rather large huff and storms off in it...

That happens a lot. For the record, quite a lot of us on there laugh at that kind of nonsense too.
This place just has crazies of a rather different sort.

AAWWW, I WUV HAMSTER LULZ!!11:hammond:<3:hammond:<3

Everybody poops does.

I think there is something to be said by all the girls posting in this thread :p

Well, I didn't really mean for this just to be an "I love Hamster!" thread but it appears to have become that.^^ LOlz

How many girls on this forum have shrines in their homes for Monsieur le Hamster? Please raise your hands :p