The "New Toys" Thread

My new distortion pedal arrived (bought it on eBay, almost brand new). That means my "pedal rig" looks like this:

I changed the order a bit so now it's: Jimi Hendrix wah -> Blues Pro overdrive -> Boss Distortion -> Boss Chorus -> Vox AC30 amp
All the pedals are powered by a VisualSound OneSpot adapter with a daisy chain.

I put the Boss DS-1 on 75% distortion with the tone all backed off. That way it creates this wonderful harmonic and musical distortion on my already treble-happy AC30. When I give it a little bit more tone, it becomes really "transistorised", but i'm really happy with the tone as it's now set. You can drive it even more with engaging the Overdrive.

Now all i need is a pedalboard and some new patch cables. I'm gonna try and make it myself with some wood.

https://pic.armedcats.net/j/je/jensked/2008/06/24/DSC03855.JPG

Well, I got a new phone about a week and a half ago. My old phone was about 5-6 years old because it was my mom's first. LOlz

My new phone is the LG Voyager, I had to wait like a month until it went on sale, but when it did it was $100 off. :D

verizon-lg-voyager.jpg

0306_lg_voyager.jpg

Oh, yeah, but today, something really funny happened. My dad's started ringing (mine was next to me at the time but he had accidentally left his at home) so she says, "Someone's phone is ringing!" and she went to get it, but then she brought it to me, and was like, "here," so I said, "what?" and she said, "Your phone is ringing." OMG! This is a pic of my dad's phone. LOlz!
I then explained to her that mine was right next to me and the small motorola flip phone was kind of NOTHING like my large touch screen Voyager. I know. I'm incredibly cruel. XD

motorola-w385-verizon.jpg

Last edited:
any good?

My dad's on verizon in the US and can get a new phone (which he said he'd give to me because he just needs the plan), he doesn't want to change providors (I could probably force him anyway :p)

So is it any good?

I finally got my hands on a camera long enough to shoot a pic of the inside of my new computer.

http://img237.imageshack.**/img237/6638/dscf0102bz7.jpg

:D

Its a probably somewhat rare, 20th anniversary model with a factory humbucker at the bridge.

Is the XFX card very noisy?

any good?

My dad's on verizon in the US and can get a new phone (which he said he'd give to me because he just needs the plan), he doesn't want to change providors (I could probably force him anyway :p)

So is it any good?

Be careful, those are usually locked to their original network and might be a bitch to unlock depending on the model.

Got new headphones :

f_00073433_001.jpg

The sound is very good but perhaps a little bit less clear than my old Panasonic headphones and with more Bass.

any good?

So is it any good?

Why not wait for the LG Dare?

aradius-ss-44.jpg

Is the XFX card very noisy?

It was, because I got one of the ones that was accidentally manufactured with a non variable speed fan. I got a new heatsink/shroud from XFX and its fine now. Its barely audible.

Are the new ones manufactured with a variable speed fan?

I just installed dd-wrt on my linksys wrt54g v5. I have been wanting to do this for a while, but finally got motivated when I started having open nat problems on my xbox due to having two of them on the same lan. I believe the vlan option and a few other tweaks have fixed this, but only time will tell.

All gfx card fans can be manipulated via. software.

Except the ones that were made with a 2 wire fan connection. Here is a pic of the old heat sink with the non variable fan.

http://img241.imageshack.**/img241/7636/dscf0106da8.th.jpg