If Top Gear did another Supercar vs. Transport Race, what would you want it to be?

from the north to the south of Japan, public transport vs new GT-R.

+1

or i would take the new RS6 vs something or other

Ferrari 599GTB, Maserati Gran Turismo or Alfa Romeo Competizione vs some form of public transit, only I'm not sure exactly what. It would have to be something they haven't done before.

They Should race across Europe and take different routes, in a Hypercar of their choice.

Someone takes the north route, someone take the middle route, and someone takes the south route :p

How about a race with a blimp/zepplin? Maybe to some place in Germany in some new German super car...

I also had an idea of JM and RH on dirt bikes or something offroad(quads?) where they can't use any pavement only dirt and gravel roads/paths against JC who has to take a much longer route in a car...

What else can they race...

Hot air balloon. - Across a mountain?
Chairlift - up/Down a mountain
Submarine - Across a bay/lake
Tractors - tractor takes a short cut across fields
helicoptor - near a no fly zone
4wd - 4wd can take a shortcut
Canel boat.
Motorbikes - Would work well with james may and richard on their bikes, JC in the car

for an epic race... Boat vs car around new zealand.

car vs car... In peak hour 1 going down the main freeway/highway, 1 taking the backroads

Supercar vs hybrid, but the supercar cant drive at night. Richard/May could take turns driving...

What about a supercar vs amphibious cars... Where richard/may can take a short cut across a lake...

I reckon Mays car was brilliant, just needed an outboard motor.

Last edited:
When I first heard they were going to Japan, I wanted a GT-R vs. Sportsbike race.

I also had an Australian race, with Clarkson in a W427 (if that ever comes out) and the other two on the train from Melbourne to Perth.

When I first heard they were going to Japan, I wanted a GT-R vs. Sportsbike race.

I also had an Australian race, with Clarkson in a W427 (if that ever comes out) and the other two on the train from Melbourne to Perth.

Id love for that to happen, but you know Victorian police... He'd do 53 in a 50 zone and be locked up for 1000 years.

Heaven forbid he goes 110 in a 100 zone, they take him to the side of the road and put a bullet in the back of his head.

Good guesses guys!

In any case, I think the ultimate race would be car vs helicopter.

Considering the helicopter can take a direct route from anywhere to anywhere. No driving around towns, or stopping at red lights, or having to take off from a runway. Just directly as the bird flies. It would have to be a helicopter that could go about 100mph top speed, and it would have to be across Germany, so that the car could have a chance to gain by going 150 on the autobahns.

My guess a TVR vs the Orient-Express.
the problem: Working TVR^^

A race to Moscow would be good. Its something they haven't done yet and it would be cool to see Russia on Topgear :) preferably in a Porsche so they could say the Germans finaily made it to Moscow :D

A race to Moscow would be good. Its something they haven't done yet and it would be cool to see Russia on Topgear :) preferably in a Porsche so they could say the Germans finaily made it to Moscow :D

Sweet Idea, but put may and Hamster in the car and Jeremy on public transport. ;)

make it a 2+2seater, and make hamster sit in the back :D

I still like my idea of all three, picking a car (supercar or other) from a particular country and say start from the point where the car is manufactured and race to a destination that is equal distance from their starting locations. Like Jeremey starts out in Italy, Richard in Germany, and James in oh France I suppose and race to one cool location and then head back to England together.

Each team is given the same amount of money.

One pays for public transport, the other pays to continuously fill up and drive the 599 (which we saw is one of the worst gas guzzlers).

Whoever makes it the furthest, wins.

Each team is given the same amount of money.

One pays for public transport, the other pays to continuously fill up and drive the 599 (which we saw is one of the worst gas guzzlers).

Whoever makes it the furthest, wins.

or the Ford GT:p

I think they should race from one end of the polar ice cap to the other. He who loses has done enough climate damage to melt the cap and then they have to swim home to England. :)

Drive across New York, subway vs car? Kind of a rehash of the London one though.

Maybe race a train on one of the famous 19th Century train lines with a car (but the car isn't allowed to use a motorway).

I do like the idea of a trip to Moscow, though (or even drive across Siberia, but that's a bit too crazy)