Andy Wilman's latest Blog

James May's Hair

Click

An interesting read as always. It seems they have decided against cocking about for the second programme in the new series. That's no bad thing as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like this weeks show is going to be much much better! Even though I myself wrote about being disappointed in the lack of carnage and explosions in the last episode, I certainly won't mind seeing Top Gear as a car program.

Threads merged. James May's Hair beat Mr. Nice by 6 seconds. :lol:

I comend Andy for his work. He has done a fabulous job on keeping the whole thing together. And the other three blokes too. And that guy in a white racing suit.

I love Wilman.I can only imaine what he has to put up with to keep bringing us TG.

He is the one I would write fan fic about if I did that sort of thing. :p

I'm glad that Willman is prepared to slowly change back to the older format, of more car reviews (but done in the hilarious Top Gear way, see the convertible test James and Richard did in the rainiest part of Britain), and some fun stuff, but not over the top and on maybe kept more to their own track.

Dont' worry Andy. If I lived in England I'd watch Top Gear instead of the Euro final. And I'm Spanish!!! ^_^

And I'm also happy to know that the next episode will be more car centered and les cocking about. It's also nice from time to time to watch some pure automobile goodness.

And about Top gear Stuntman... I'm still sceptical about him. I've never been a fan of stunts and I don't see how they fit in the show. but everyone deserves a try.

Euro final + Top Gear what a great Sunday!

I expect that what Mr. Wilman imagines that people don't get about TopGearStuntman is that he epitomises the TopGear ethos; ambitious, but rubbish.

I assumed that his slot was meant to be a dig at the Fifth Gear style stunts which were all taken very seriously, yet quite often fall short of expectations. I fully expect TopGearStuntman to fail to meet expectations on a regular basis!

Oh fine Andy, I'll give TG Stuntman some time to develop...

By the sounds of it they're intent on getting the cocking about / automotive content balance right - I've no doubt they will - by the sounds of this week's show it seems they might already have.

I mean, I love the challenges and cock abouts as much as the next bloke.. but a proper Top Gear? Excellent..:cool:

It's great that there will be a more subdued episode of Top Gear - more car-ie BUT I wouldn't want to see a whole series like that - these are usually the episodes I skip when I go back and re-watch Top Gear.

Nice to watch once but not a great re-watch experience. But a couple of episodes like this in a six week run would be fine - in fact three like this and three high octane cocking aboutedness would be a pretty fair balance I think.

Agreed.

oh and that thing that the stig when first introduced he didn't cath on only later, the thing that made the stig so loved is those things they've said about him "he's affraid of ducks" and so on, a similar introduction of top gear stunt man may make him catch on, probably that he is an eldery fat man isn't that funny after all

alright if Andy says, lets hope TGSM proves himself, TGSM you have 5 more episodes to prove yourself.
and i wonder when Andy will think of ditching this SIARPC rubbish thing

I like SIARPC and I enjoyed last weeks as well - it can be pretty funny and it's cool seeing people your used to seeing in their own little bit of the media world doing something completely different and outside their comfort zone.

What do other people in the UK think of SIARPC? I wonder whether it's mainly people outside the UK who don't really know the stars that don't like it? Or it could be that I'm alone and slightly odd in my tastes :)

yeah, if andy is reading this thread, for the love of God, shorten that Star in a reasnobly priced car, and put more news in to fill the gap, i know it's for the masses so they don't get bored with cars but they're too long, or bring some good guests, still no, make it shorter