Doctor Who

I think that was Billie Piper trying to be "intense". Epic fail.

I think that was Billie Piper trying to be "intense". Epic fail.

at first i thought the actress had a stroke or something and couldn't help speak like that...but then i watched her interview in Doctor Who Confidential and her normal speaking voice....which sounded more like Rose.

^Agree with all the above statements. If you never watched series 1 or 2 and you saw her yesterday, it's like a different character all together. Her mannerism and the way she spoke was so unlike the Rose I remember. Maybe that's what happen to you when you're stuck on a parallel universe :p Btw, any good Dr Who forums you recommend? I'm lazy to google today.

Episode was average, but it serves as a good informative build-up to the finale. Looking forward to it, looks awesome, and it'd better be good 'cos the next series will only be airing in 2010! So that'll be an agonising wait..

She said in her interview that being a couple years away from Doctor Who she had totally forgotten how to play Rose and a few weeks before filming she picked up series 1 and 2 DVD box sets and was rewatching herself perform to remember, but whatever character she thought she was playing...way off the mark. I think she was dredging up some weird accent she used for a different character in a completely unrelated show.

Right. Just watched last weeks ep after watching this weeks (it's the wrong way to do it yeah :p) and last week's was pretty good, set it up nicely for this week's ep...
which was brilliant IMO. I love the way they include every character, and they actually included Torchwood instead of just talking about it. And The Doctor regenerating, but what into? Surely he must cheat it, because there is no new actor.

I think it would be great to have the chance to sit in a meeting where they come up with the ideas, the sort of wild things that would be going around to make these stories.

Can't wait for next weeks show. :D

edit: Oh yeah, have Rose's teeth got bigger?

Last edited:
Oh boy.

Oh boy oh boy.

That episode was a giant fanwank.

Having said that, it was excellent, drawing on the last 4 years of Who and the original, too.

Want next week's now.

Awesome...so wait, this was part 1 of 2? I thought it would continue next season.

Wow, that was seriously epic....I wonder what deus ex machina RTD will pull out to resolve that crazy cliffhanger.

Wow the first good Davros episode since Genesis of the Daleks.

lol, the Doctor Who forums are shut down right now, probably from all the net traffic.

Yep, and next week's episode is 65 minutes long instead of the normal 45.

Good, good. It already looked like things were being a bit rushed in this episode. Hopefully the extra time will alleviate this.

Wow, that was seriously epic....I wonder what deus ex machina RTD will pull out to resolve that crazy cliffhanger.

The concept has been renamed a Davies Ex Machina, due to his overusing it.

The concept has been renamed a Davies Ex Machina, due to his overusing it.

Heh, yea he does over do it a bit. Sometime it seems like an ancient Greek/Roman play or novel. Lets hope his replacement is less reliant on it.

By the way I love the new Davros, I especially like the exposed ribs and beating heart, freaky. Terry Nation would be proud.

As everyone has already mentioned... an EPIC episode! Action packed from the moment it started, they really should have made it longer. RTD really is pulling everything he has from his little box of tricks, only problem is that it's going to make Moffat's job a little more difficult, with continuity and such.

Can't wait for next week's climax, best finale of the year people? I certainly hope so...

Anyone know if Dave is being replaced for the next season?

Anyone know if Dave is being replaced for the next season?

I believe David Tennant has been confirmed up till 2010, so I don't see him going anywhere, despite the current cliff hanger.

I believe David Tennant has been confirmed up till 2010, so I don't see him going anywhere, despite the current cliff hanger.

Maybe they will say something in the Dalek's weapon caused him to only partially regenerate and that is why he didn't change form.

I also agree that the last episode was excellent and more then made up for the past couple of so so episodes.

Has anyone ever watched The Sarah Jane Adventures? I only ever watch Torchwood and Doctor who so is Sarah Jane any good?

Maybe they will say something in the Dalek's weapon caused him to only partially regenerate and that is why he didn't change form.

I also agree that the last episode was excellent and more then made up for the past couple of so so episodes.

Has anyone ever watched The Sarah Jane Adventures? I only ever watch Torchwood and Doctor who so is Sarah Jane any good?

Sarah Jane Adventures are definitely made for kids, with some embedded morality play in them each time and over-the-top fantastic elements. As for the Dalek weapon... yeah, that sounds like the sort of Davies ex Machina that he'd pull. Either that, or something having to do with the hand in a box he still has.