Only In Sweden... Wait, What?!?

Loz

An eight-year-old boy has sparked an unlikely outcry in Sweden after failing to invite two of his classmates to his birthday party.

he boy's school says he has violated the children's rights and has complained to the Swedish Parliament.

The school, in Lund, southern Sweden, argues that if invitations are handed out on school premises then it must ensure there is no discrimination.

The boy's father has lodged a complaint with the parliamentary ombudsman.

He says the two children were left out because one did not invite his son to his own party and he had fallen out with the other one.

The boy handed out his birthday invitations during class-time and when the teacher spotted that two children had not received one the invitations were confiscated.

"My son has taken it pretty hard," the boy's father told the newspaper Sydsvenskan.

"No one has the right to confiscate someone's property in this way, it's like taking someone's post," he added.

A verdict on the matter is likely to be reached in September, in time for the next school year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7479758.stm

What is the world comming to?

Doesn't the Swedish government has anything else to worry about? Like being green, making good Volvos, and opening more IKEA stores?

That is epic! :lol:

I'd love to know which rights that boy has violated by not inviting those two kids to his party.

Last edited:
jesus fucking christ, can?t we just gather up all the people whose brains work like this and have them colonize the moon or something???

In this case, I'll be committing a severe act of discrimination next year for my 18th birthday, because out of a class of 26 people I won't invite more than 10.

In our defense i'd like to point out that the rest of Sweden considers that part of Sweden to be a part of Denmark!!! We take no responsibility for what they are doing!

Lately I read about Swedish women who fought for their right to go topless in public areas, because they felt discriminated by the fact that men are allowed to do that and women are not.

Now that is a cause I consider worth fighting for :)

God, we are fucking babying our kids so damn much that they are just gonna grow up to be spoiled brats. Hell, the first set of "everyone's a winner and you all get a trophy" kids are just now hitting adulthood and taking that outlook to the workplace.

That article doesn't convey the whole story.. The school has a rule that says you cannot invite some pupils and not others if you hand out the invitations on school-ground, but the reason the teachers stept in was because there was a fight between some of the students..

Well, look on the bright side, at least here in America fewer people are having kids, iirc.

You're not allowed to raise your children any more. You can't discipline your child, you can't ground your child, you can't do anything. And god forbid your kid bumps his/her head one day, his/her teachers will call Child Services and have you investigated for possible child abuse. And if your spoiled ass kid, who you were never allowed to raise how you see fit, gets into trouble before he/she is of legal age, it's your ass that will get stuck with the bill.

Having kids just isn't a good idea any more.

Lately I read about Swedish women who fought for their right to go topless in public areas, because they felt discriminated by the fact that men are allowed to do that and women are not.

That's a win-win situation if I ever heard of one! :D

Insert snarky "precious little snowflake" comment here.

I'm fresh out of care right now.

jesus fucking christ, can?t we just gather up all the people whose brains work like this and have them colonize the moon or something???

And people wonder about the increasing dominance of Asia.....

Great thing at the moment is that none of us out here give a shit about all this H&S and Political Correctness BS. We get on and get the work done.....albeit with a huge hint of danger sometimes but what's life without a risk.

I am pleased i am bringing up my 2-yr old out here now than back in the UK. The stress about the rights and wrong would be just too much for me to handle.

Where can I get a lawyer? Congress keeps having fund raising dinners and parties and never invite me or the other 300 million people in America. I need to appeal to the supreme court because all of our feelings were hurt.

Same thing has been happening here in the US. California recently decided that breasts are not for a reproductive part and therefore aren't genitalia. :thumbsup: