INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Since people keep asking:

Hi, I'm PacketCollision. I ran Gerpok.com which hosted FG back in the day and was subsequently hosted by FG when FG became huge. I help keep the server running and do some misc work when it's needed. You'll probably see more of me since my project is being laid to rest and is no longer taking up too much time. I'm probably in IRC, feel free to yell at me if something's broken. I might even fix the problem.

I'm a Linux Systems Administrator. I do PHP programming and know SQL. Vim is the One True Editor. I think that's all you need to know.

Since people keep asking:

Hi, I'm PacketCollision. I ran Gerpok.com which hosted FG back in the day and was subsequently hosted by FG when FG became huge. I help keep the server running and do some misc work when it's needed. You'll probably see more of me since my project is being laid to rest and is no longer taking up too much time. I'm probably in IRC, feel free to yell at me if something's broken. I might even fix the problem.

I'm a Linux Systems Administrator. I do PHP programming and know SQL. Vim is the One True Editor. I think that's all you need to know.

VIM is a lie. Nano is where it's at.

New

New

Hey!
I'm new here so I thought I would Pop in and Say Hi!
So here it goes..

HI!

:p

Byee All

Hi there

Hi there

Hi-

I'm probably relatively new to the TG phenomenon but I'm in it fully monty now :) I'm from the Boston, Massachusetts area and had caught some clips on You Tube about 2 years ago. One person had started putting up full episodes so I decided I needed to start from scratch. Made a concerted effort to download all of the episodes in high quality and watch them soup to nuts.

What a great show. Then, a new employee at my job mentioned he was into cars (he's got an M3). I asked if he watched TG at all and, "Boy do I!" was his answer. He then pointed me to this site. I can't believe I missed it! My favorite threads so far are definitely the TG Name That Tune threads and I've gone out and gotten a whole lot of that music...good stuff.

I'm more interested in keeping up with cars than getting them and what not... That and I've kinda made a promise to myself that my first "for me" car will be a Porsche. I'm a big VW/Audi/Porsche nut. I'd love to start with a 356B and work my way through the ages eventually. But, for a decent driving 356B I'm looking at like 40k for a 50 year old car...likely not happening.

Anyway, that's me. If y'all do any Tumbling, i'm at http://tumblr.fronkis.com
(Tumblr is a micro-blogging service...very cool)

Been visiting FinalGear for Top Gear information for a while, just decided to register today, though.

Hello. :)

Hey new members, nice to have you guys here! :wave:

:welcome:

Yes, it's another one who has been browsing occasionally, and finally decided to register. I'm always more of a lurker than a talker, so my posts will probably be few and far between.

*waves hello and goes back to lurking*

Hello everyone!!!

Fan of Top Gear since S3 or so. Been with it ever since. Show is beyond awesome.

Hobbies include watching movies, photoshop, coding, cartoons/anime (never too old =D) and lots of video gaming.

Hi I just joined the other day but I've been lurking for about 2 weeks. Seems like a good group of people and I think I'll stick around:) didn't notice this thread earlier so I figured I should post here now:cheers::cheers:

:welcome:

hello all! i've been using finalgear for a couple of years, but haven't been at the forums much. i'm of course a huge fan of top gear, not so much fifth gear.
i'm only 16 yrs. old and live in finland. i'm going to start studying to be an airplane mechanic this fall. i'm working in a company that repairs mostly trucks but also vans and normal-sized cars. also, i've been playing with tractors as a kid, so someone might say i like fixing machines :)

So, Top Gear is this show hosted by grown men behaving like complete idiots and there's even an on-line forum for this? I had to come here because I just had to register and post, I mean, a bunch of grown men behaving like children, driving around like mad, sinking cars in the bottom of the ocean, all in the name of "entertainment?" I just had to come here and post about how....I wouldn't miss an episode of it!

Seriously, what a great show and I thought I should stop by and introduce myself here. Thanks to the admins too for gathering all of this great information here in one place on the intertubes. Now back to lurking....

Many :)'s

Hello from Nottinghamshire!

I've been browsing these parts for a few years, so I decided to finally join.

Hello fellow fans!

I've been browsing FG for years, eventually i had to join, since most people where I live haven't got a clue to what TG is. Otherwise I hate internet fora, but there seems to be a lovely absence of wankers here, so I'm staying.

Apart from my addiction to TG, I'm also obsessed with A/V, so even though I'm without a car, at least every car on TG are in 1:1 on my screen. Furthermore, I love the predecessor of sportscars: the horse, thus my alias.