Scrapheap challenge.

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
Slightly on topic... Another show filmed at Dunsfold.

Just seen the preview of next weeks show... and they must pull the in-famous Dunsfold plane. :cool:

That has got to be the thinnest link to the TG thread ever, but what the heck*.

Haven't seen the preview yet as I am watching it on Sky+ but I'll keep an eye out for it.

BTW what's the deal with that 747? It's always been there and never seems to take off but did feature in the tractor challenge in series 9. I guess there's probably been a thread about it somewhere in the distant past - if so I'd be curious to read it if someone could direct me.

*Heck - where you end up if you don't believe in Gosh.

Man, i loved Scraphead when they showed it here on Discovery Channel but they only showed the very first 2 seasons i think. I wish they would show more of it on DC.

That has got to be the thinnest link to the TG thread ever, but what the heck*.

Haven't seen the preview yet as I am watching it on Sky+ but I'll keep an eye out for it.

BTW what's the deal with that 747? It's always been there and never seems to take off but did feature in the tractor challenge in series 9. I guess there's probably been a thread about it somewhere in the distant past - if so I'd be curious to read it if someone could direct me.

*Heck - where you end up if you don't believe in Gosh.

Ahhh, you have yet to see past threads with an even thinner link, however, this is quite valid. The 747 is now retired and is now used as a film prop, hence the different engines and cowls.

I saw that too, but I didn't realise it was Dunsfold. I'm looking forward to the final though, anything with an engine is always good! :D

I've still got to catch up on last weeks ep though on 4od.

Isn't this the last ever series of Scrapheap? It's definitely the last series with Robert (Kryten) Llewellyn. Shame because it's a great show, i love watching it.

Do they really film at Dunsfold? I had no idea at all. Now, I'm going to have to watch it aren't I. :| I have watched a couple of episodes, but....I just couldn't get into it.

I'm a big fan of Scrappy, though it's a few years past it's best now.

Particularly enjoyed tonight's as expert Bill (the one who was diving) is a friend of mine.

Isn't this the last ever series of Scrapheap? It's definitely the last series with Robert (Kryten) Llewellyn. Shame because it's a great show, i love watching it.

Eh? I haven't heard this. Is he quitting the show? There was a big gap a few seasons back, and there was an uproar on the Channel 4 forums. Personally I can't imagine Scrapheap without Rob. :(

Eh? I haven't heard this. Is he quitting the show? There was a big gap a few seasons back, and there was an uproar on the Channel 4 forums. Personally I can't imagine Scrapheap without Rob. :(

He is quitting, yes, as the makers (RDF) want to change the format dramatically - mainly reduce the budget a lot, make it easier to get into. Dick Strawbridge has been suggested as a host.

Anyways, Scrapheap has gone 10 (!) series, 3 spinoffs and loads of specials, so it's had a very decent run. I loved the monowheels episode, and car bowling, for example.

And the challenges this series have been a bit uninspiring - the inevitable 'trebuchet vs crossbow' thing, plus something using hydraulics, a boat-based one and so on...

Enter the dumb american, is this the same as Junkyard Wars that they show here in the states? :huh: Basically 2 teams and 10 hours to build some thing out of junk?

Series 1 & 2 ftw. I love the show any way, I hope that they can keep it rolling along.

Jeepin Well sort of yes. But if you ever get to see the early series of the Brit show it was significantly different, the teams were the same from week to week and the rocket one with the nutty expert was a classic.

Enter the dumb american, is this the same as Junkyard Wars that they show here in the states? :huh: Basically 2 teams and 10 hours to build some thing out of junk?

Yup. We sold you the format some time ago. They called it "Junkyards Wars" because a) you guys don't know what a Scrapheap is, and b) a "Challenge" is too complex a thing for you to comprehend, such as electing a leader who can write his own name. Wars on the other hand are something you seem to excel at, although you always seem to need our help to actually win them!!! ;)

BTW in case you or any other members don't get it, I am being IRONIC!

For the record not all americans are republicans and we didn't all vote for dubya. He's a joke no other way to put it.:rolleyes: dont want this to be any kind of political debate just being clear. Isn't this site more about being a gearhead, or watching top gear? Its kind of hard to show tone on the net so I will end this with a :D and a cheers

Best episode was the flight one, followed by jet cars, then 'rocket' railway car (using afterburner jet and one a water jet).

Yup. We sold you the format some time ago. They called it "Junkyards Wars" because a) you guys don't know what a Scrapheap is, and b) a "Challenge" is too complex a thing for you to comprehend, such as electing a leader who can write his own name. Wars on the other hand are something you seem to excel at, although you always seem to need our help to actually win them!!! ;)

BTW in case you or any other members don't get it, I am being IRONIC!

A) Some of us do actually know what a scrapheap is.

B) Challenges are not difficult, we just can't be bothered. ;)

And wars, well we didn't need your help beating, uhh.... you! Shh about the French. :lol:

Now that I've got the jokes out of the way, I'm going to have to find old episodes, as I loved Junkyard Wars.

Reactions: MWF
Anyone know where to find torrents for this? or at least recomend a good season to sort through the crap I found.

He is quitting, yes, as the makers (RDF) want to change the format dramatically - mainly reduce the budget a lot, make it easier to get into. Dick Strawbridge has been suggested as a host.
Strawbridge was always one of my favorites, it's hilarious when he competed with his brothers who are so similar.

What a great show.

Do they really film at Dunsfold? I had no idea at all. Now, I'm going to have to watch it aren't I. :| I have watched a couple of episodes, but....I just couldn't get into it.

Yep, its pretty well known fact here.