Wall*E

no, Happy Feet coulda done without all that. I think this was done in a more humorously ironic way. Sort of like the Daily Show

Yeah that is fair... and Happy Feet... well... let's just stay on topic.

Watched it today. Pretty great movie. But god damn that mom that brought 5 y.o. kid to the theatre. His god damn stupid, loud and it the end he'll understand 1% of it I bet. But the movie was good and kinda breath of fresh air.

Saw it, loved it, but i agree, it lacked a little something. Maybe because the movie had to force so much humanity out of what was almost an entirely robot cast, making it a little difficult for older audience members to really connect w the movie, while the kids obviously will love a movie full of animated robots. It was great but still doesn't top movies like Ratatouille (which was sheer art) and Finding Nemo (which tugs at my heartstrings much more) IMHO. The first half of the movie was brilliantly original, but the second half was a bit more formulaic and predictable, still i like that the movie was still very good and nothing that i expected.

Pixar has a fascinating track record of creating previews that tell you nearly NOTHING about the film so you go in with ?? expectations and are blown away by a fantastic story with great CG.

Pixar still stands heads and shoulders above their other CG movie rivals because the others focus too much on the animation and not with creating a great story, free of cliches and pop culture references.

Willard Scott as the 'president' of old earth was hilarious as well, and his live action footage actually fit well.

Saw it last night... I could have done without the not so subtle "save 'da earf" messages, but overall it was pretty decent.

i thought their 'get the hell off your fat asses' msg was good tho

I wish I could find a good dvd-ish quality torrent. im seeing it tomorrow w/ gas money:cry: love this movie

Im glad I wasnt the only one to think that

Im glad I wasnt the only one to think that

Saw it last night... I could have done without the not so subtle "save 'da earf" messages, but overall it was pretty decent.

The animation was top notch just as you expect from Pixar. The story felt to Al Goreish for me to much big stores(walmart) killing the earth. The people even look like they were modeled after the whale Al Gore has become. In short the story has a nice robot meets girl saves the world kinda plot for kids but to adults it feels more like a hippy/treehugger docu.

Which I would have stuck with just seeing the trailer.

Best part was at the end some 8 year old a few seats down stud up and said "this sucked I thought it was going to be funny"

Best part was at the end some 8 year old a few seats down stud up and said "this sucked I thought it was going to be funny"

The movie is disturbingly prophetic, because that kid's attitude foreshadows what direction our society is heading towards.

The animation was top notch just as you expect from Pixar. The story felt to Al Goreish for me to much big stores(walmart) killing the earth. The people even look like they were modeled after the whale Al Gore has become. In short the story has a nice robot meets girl saves the world kinda plot for kids but to adults it feels more like a hippy/treehugger docu.

Bingo.

The problem is that it wasn't trying to deliver an environmental message....it was only a backdrop to the robotic love story. Albeit the kids might get the wrong message. Personally, I thought it was entertaining enough. Although I think it's over-rated seeing how people are just raving about this film. I actually thought Cars/Ratatouille were better. A good flick to keep the kids busy on a saturday night.

Many people cannot comprehend the fact that Mother Earth does not need nor want the salvation of humans. We are merely a tiny speck of dust in an inconsequential corner of a galaxy among billions. And the natural forces of 'Mother Earth' will still be here millions of years after humans are gone. A new cycle of lifeforms, geographies, climate will evolve.

To believe that we are somehow 'destroying' the earth and that we alone can 'save' it from ourselves is both childishly naive and hopelessly arrogant and quite frankly, insulting to 'Mother Earth' herself. In an ironic hilarity, when the environmental-doomsayers talk about the declining intelligence of humans as a whole, they, unbeknownst to them, are referring to themselves. :D

Last edited:
I enjoyed the movie, even with the "save the earthness"

It is also good to bring girls with, because they think it is the cutest thing ever.

Loved it! Pixar is definitely batting 1000.
The Mac startup bong as the solar charging sound was brilliant and made me LOL. It was also funny to see Pixar slipping in the Pizza Planet delivery truck once again! :lol:

Seen it twice, just saw it at the drive in on Sunday. One of Pixar's best.

Saw it yesterday (yay we're late with this movie in .be). Instantly loved it.

Especially the first part where there's virtually no speaking and the actions/views speak for itself
The 'save the planet' bit was less interesting but not as much so that it ruined the whole movie

MO is the best sidekick ever...

Great film this. Top notch animation as always, and a great storyline, although I think ending it without Wall-E remembering would have been better, but it is a kid's film so that isn't available.

The Mac sound was funny, but I found the short Pixar film before it (good old traditions eh?) very good. The first thing that came into my mind was 'Now your thinking in portals!'. :lol:

One of the best movies of the year for me. After a HUGE Indiana Jones nonsense, Zohan, LoveGuru and all the other crap, WALL E turned out to be a great movie i didn't wait for or didn't even read about; only seen a few posters on the streets.

I know there's a new Batman movie and everyone says it's great, appearantly it's beating Titanic to a N1 moneymaker ever etc, but i'ma hold on until a DVD comes out, so i can watch a new nice movie later, as there's almost nothing that interests me coming up as far as i can see.

I saw it at the weekend. It is possibly my favourite film ever. I don't have a single criticism of it.

It's just made me feel ... happy, and warm inside. I'm glowing, honestly. Combine the feeling of sliding into a warm bath after a long day with the feeling of sipping a hot chocolate on a cold day.

I said I don't have a single criticism of it, and it's true. I don't. I'd be interested to see what pixar came up with if they decided the whole film would be dialogue-free, though, like the first half...

Saw it yesterday (yay we're late with this movie in .be). Instantly loved it.

Especially the first part where there's virtually no speaking and the actions/views speak for itself
The 'save the planet' bit was less interesting but not as much so that it ruined the whole movie

MO is the best sidekick ever...

lol you think your're late? They're holding it off to the NEXT school holidays here and school just went back like 1 week ago.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0910970/releaseinfo

Bulgaria 5 September 2008
Finland 5 September 2008
Romania 5 September 2008
Sweden 5 September 2008
Australia 18 September 2008
Greece 18 September 2008
New Zealand 18 September 2008

And they wonder why people pirate stuff.

I DONT wanna find a high quality (TC if possible) version. I really don't.

that doesnt break the forum rules, does it?

I'd be interested to see what pixar came up with if they decided the whole film would be dialogue-free, though, like the first half...

me too, although repeating "Wall-E", "directive" and "EVE" to each other nonstop doesn't really qualify as dialogue.

I love how they made him virtually mute. It would have been so much easier for them to make him a talking robot, but this makes the story so much more powerful.

I lol'd when I found out they did dub the movie in different languages though. Apparently a bleep sounds different in English, French, Dutch.

They even chose some A list actors to do the voice of Wall-E