OMG! 'Friends': The Film ?

Solberg

Car(s)
Porsche 997 Carrera S & 2012 Ford Raptor!!
following in the high-heeled footsteps of "Sex and the City: The Movie" comes another film that's sure to make boyfriends around the world run for cover. Prepare thyself for "Friends: The Movie." Mwa ha ha!

That's right, kids. Rumor has it that there is renewed interest in bringing the six fabulously perky and quirky New Yorkers to the big screen. You can either thank or blame "Sex and the City" for this news. The success of that franchise's recent flick reportedly inspired the cast to bring their beloved sitcom back from the dead.

According to Current, Jennifer Aniston "is believed to have dragged her heels" on the project, but has since changed her mind. Filming should start within the next 18 months. Or will it? Another blog reports that Warner Bros. denied the "Friends" movie rumor, "and there's no confirmation from anyone around town that anything is even being considered."

So, is there hope for all the haters who thought they'd seen the last of Ross, Rachel, and that stupid monkey? Maybe, but remember: When it comes to rumors, they're often denied, but usually true. Sorry.

Source:
http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/91581

I was absolutely gutted when they ended the show. A movie comeback would be awesome :D

Oh God. :tvhorror: I thought Sex and the City was bad...

do-not-want-dog.jpg

You gotta be joking.

Friends is the best TV series ever!

(I'm not a girl)

Well, taste is subjective I guess :p:p

What's next? "Seinfeld: The Movie?" Now THAT'S what I would like to see. :D

Seinfeld and Friends are utterly brilliant.

I really hope this movie flops and costs the studio millions. I hate the lack of creativity this shows. Friends ended 4 years ago and so did their story line. Are they just going to pretend the ending didn't happen and everybody lives in their perfect happy apartment again? Or are they going to pretend lifetime friends who hung out every day of their lives somehow lost contact with everybody and will have a "reunion".

Who knows, maybe they will shock the world and show everybody that new york isn't 100% happy white people?

I've become completely disenchanted with TV fiction.

You should definitely look up Curb, it is pure genius, but since you didn't like Seinfeld it might not be up your alley...

I hate reality shows too and hardly watch tv, but here are some excellent shows on now; "24", "Dexter", "The Wire", "The Shield", "Californication", "Scrubs", "Entourage" and I also like "In treatment" on HBO.

I liked Friends, and watched the whole series, but it should end there. What could they possibly milk from the series as every plotline has ended?

All this discussion of good sitcoms and no-one mentions Titus?! I love the politically incorrect humor of it all and their production style. They make it feel like a stage comedy. Too bad it was cancelled. And it takes real genious to make things like a miscarriage and suicide funny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titus_(TV_series)

Last edited:
I thought people liked Friends. It's one of my top shows ever.

I loved the earlier seasons of friends, but it kinda went down from there. I still enjoyed it though. I'd watch the movie, but I was never hoping for one. On the other hand, I think there were rumors of a seinfeld reunion...now THAT i'm hoping for.

Of course...I watch a TON of TV. It's actually quite unhealthy...

All this discussion of good sitcoms and no-one mentions Titus?! I love the politically incorrect humor of it all and their production style. They make it feel like a stage comedy. Too bad it was cancelled. And it takes real genious to make things like a miscarriage and suicide funny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titus_(TV_series)

Titus totally rocked, I love that show and I wish it were never canceled. Few other people can make mental illness hilarious.

Eugh, I sure as hell hope not. Not quite my cup of tea, that.