Clarkson: Clarkson admits to speeding on public roads again....

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Just spotted this in the Times, JC's review of the 911 GT2

"It is also immensely fast. The 530 horsepowers feel as though they?re coming from a gigantic muscle rather than an engine. So if ever you feel the need to mash that throttle into the carpet, you?d better be ready . . .

Just yesterday, I pulled out to overtake four cars on a normal A road and by the time the manoeuvre was complete, I was doing 165mph. That is not a boast. That is a fact. And if anyone asks, I shall say I was on the Isle of Man." :lol:

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article4271522.ece for the full article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't the isle of man unrestricted?

^ Yes. The out-of-town roads have no speed limits, which is why they keep going back there, and he has a house there.

Isn't the isle of man unrestricted?

That's the point - he probably wasn't but given the outcry over his comments at the Hay Festival he is covering his arse and having a sly dig at his critics.

His headmaster probably said it best.

"He'll either be famous or in jail".

^ Hahaha that's right. Maybe soon they'll be right in both assumptions.

Jeremy is so funny about it, but I still don't get why he even has to say it was on the IOM. If you don't get caught it's not illegal, right? lol I don't get why people still complain about his speeding though, he likes to drive fast, get over it!

If this offends me, can I make a complaint and have everyone from Billy Oddy to The House Of Lords make an investigation, because of my sole complaint?

That is how it works, right?

^ Hahaha that's right. Maybe soon they'll be right in both assumptions.

Jeremy is so funny about it, but I still don't get why he even has to say it was on the IOM. If you don't get caught it's not illegal, right? lol I don't get why people still complain about his speeding though, he likes to drive fast, get over it!

People complane because

" OMFG HES DOING 32 MILES PER HOUR HES GONNA KILL A CHILD, OMFG, Oh wait its a 40"

"OMFG HE DOING 76 MPH ON A MOTERWAY HES GONNA KILL CHILDREN AND BADGERS"

and because they have small brains and there lifes suck, Oh and for that note - if there children playing on the moterway i think a car going 75 mph is the least of there worries LOL<_<

This world is set on speeding kills, and im gonna not get into another debate of why it does but people need to get a grip and accept our roads are about as safe as there going to get.

I'm awaiting some group called "ZOMG DID YOU KNOW THAT DRIVING IS DANAGROUS" to express there "disguest" by his driving and call for him be fired

and to them, I say: Grow up and get a real job.

(From someone who is unemployed :p)

He sold the lighthouse?

Does that have anything to do with those people who were protesting because he wouldn't let them walk through his land anymore?

People complane because

" OMFG HES DOING 32 MILES PER HOUR HES GONNA KILL A CHILD, OMFG, Oh wait its a 40"

"OMFG HE DOING 76 MPH ON A MOTERWAY HES GONNA KILL CHILDREN AND BADGERS"

and because they have small brains and there lifes suck, Oh and for that note - if there children playing on the moterway i think a car going 75 mph is the least of there worries LOL<_<

This world is set on speeding kills, and im gonna not get into another debate of why it does but people need to get a grip and accept our roads are about as safe as there going to get.

Sounds exactly like what Jeremy has said before. He also said that, It's not speed that kills. It's the suddenly becoming stationary.